(Refuerzos) Tacos Holandeses Y Birria de Chivo- the Official Chivas Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Chivas' started by Pirru, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Nightmare310

Nightmare310 Member+

Dec 6, 2007
    The Streets
    Monterrey and Tigres have spent way more than us in the last 5 years. Are they going broke too.

2. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    This could very well be true but we have to add expenses to that equation. Player wages could very well be the highest they have ever been, Stadium expenses etc. One of my concerns last year was the loss of sponsorship. The stadium naming rights haven't been sold nor has the main jersey sponsor. The club does have a $20M lawsuit from BIMBO for breach of contract: leaving television for online streaming. And given that the team is now on TDN and not on an open air network could also mean that sponsors not just for jersey but for stadium ad boards can be paying less.

I know many moves were made to improve the team's brand but I don't think they have been working out as they planned. The whole Chivas TV was a fiasco. Higuera even admitted on Futbol Picante that they went into the online deal last minute and with not much knowledge of what to expect which I find worrisome, lol.

DaTruth repped this.
  3. Nightmare310

Nightmare310 Member+

Dec 6, 2007
    The Streets
    Higuera just said on La Ultima Palabra that the team has never been better financially.

DaTruth repped this.
  4. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Monterrey is owned by FEMSA which operates the largest independent Coca-Cola bottling group in the world and the largest convenience store chain in Mexico. It is also the second largest shareholder of Heineken International.

Tigres is managed by Sinergia Deportiva which is a subsidiary of CEMEX the second largest building materials company worldwide, only after LafargeHolcim.

I do not think Omnilife measures up to those companies or is anywhere near close to their financial stability. The majority of Liga MX clubs do not even have their original owners.

spguy, DaTruth and Richy_Rich repped this.
  5. Richy_Rich

Richy_Rich Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    Long Beach State University
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    #3305 Richy_Rich, Jun 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
    Well, when it's all said and done at least this investment brought us a well needed Championship.

6. chiva_guero

chiva_guero BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 4, 2007
    Mexico NSR
    Omnilife is obviously a house of cards but you gotta like where the team is right now.

Things change quickly but they're pretty good right now.

7. El_LatinLover

El_LatinLover BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    America is in financial troubles and they are owned by Televisa.

8. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Where are you getting this from? The Wilas have taken extra precaution not to overspend. The days when they would have over 20 foreigners on their payroll have been over.

9. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I doubt JLH would admit that the team is bleeding financially. However, if the team was doing well then they would not have renewed the TV contract with Univision for two more years or accepted a TV deal with TDN, especially after they claimed that Chivas TV was the future.

Another clear indicator that Omnilife doesn't have funds is the JLV Center that houses the Chivas Stadium. This center was supposed to house museums, offices, theaters etc.. but none of those projects ever got off the ground.

Now, this is not to say that if Omnilife or Vergara go broke that the team would go under. Chivas is too big of an institution. Another owner would just come in and take over the club similar to how Vergara bought the club. Think about it gents if the former socios had been making money they would never sold off their stake on the club.

10. El_LatinLover

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    #3310 El_LatinLover, Jun 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
    From your colleagues at ESPN.

They said that America will be doing deals swapping players instead of strictly buying them.

11. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    How can Chivas be in trouble financially? I've read articles where TDN was said to have paid between 30-40 millon dollars for a year for 2 years. Univision used to pay Chivas 16 million a year for 5 years before Chivas renewed for 2 more. I'm assuming for at least 16 million or a bit more.

We are the team that sells the most jerseys in the continent and I'm not even counting the contracts we have/had with Bimbo and Pepsi. It is safe to say Chivas makes more money than any team in Mexico and I would say than most combined.

12. Nightmare310

Nightmare310 Member+

Dec 6, 2007
    The Streets
    They're not, Higuera came out yesterday and said that the club has never been better financially. The club made a lot if money since we were able to go deep in 2 different tournament. I wonder how much money was made of ticket sales alone.

VS is just making assumptions without any actual proof. I'm pretty sure someone in the Mexica media would know by now if we were in financial problems.

13. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The renewal with Univision is for 2 years, from what Hilguera said they are buying more time to implement their digital platform in the US.

14. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ponce going to Necaxa on loan

chivamex10 repped this.
  15. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    @Various Styles you're basing it all on conjecture and 0 on facts. You might make a good Mexican journalist.

16. Centauro del Norte

FC Juárez
    Sep 15, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I hope Almeyda gives Mayorga a chance in Copa. Good LB prospect...

17. Centauro del Norte

FC Juárez
    Sep 15, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  18. Neymadres

Neymadres Member+

Jan 29, 2013
    So CaL
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Avion gets sold too Pumas

19. Centauro del Norte

FC Juárez
    Sep 15, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  20. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Have we acquired anyone yet?

21. El_LatinLover

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Not by chivas.

Neymadres repped this.
  22. Nightmare310

Nightmare310 Member+

Dec 6, 2007
    The Streets
    #3322 Nightmare310, Jun 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
    It doesn't look like we are going to acquire anybody unless we bring someone back from Europe. We should have went after Nestor Araujo to compete with Pereira and Alanis.

I wonder how many of our players from Coras are coming back. I think Orozco the left full back, Daniel Rios and Villanuevo have a good shot of coming back.

Neymadres and arjon repped this.
  23. El_LatinLover

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    We have a really nice refuerzo coming to and from chivas to compete. Alejandro Mayorga, the sub-20 world cupper, and copa oro preliminary call up, will be in the main team. He used to be a forward turned LB. Also, he and the America kat, Alvares, will be joining the sele in confederations to get experience in the group, as they were invited by Osorio. This is huge. I see him replacing Hernandez on the left.

24. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Angelica stealing funds from Omnilife is a FACT. That the Club sold Tapatio is Fact. That the JLV Center is incomplete is Fact. That the Club lacks a stadium and main jersey sponsor is Fact. The Bimbo lawsuit is Fact as is the new lawsuit from Megacable. The fines from Profeco are also Fact. That Vergara had to borrow money to pay stadium debts is Fact. We don't even know if the entire debt is paid off.

Gentlemen, even the top teams like Manchester United, Real Madrid and Barcelona are in heavy debt. The difference is that they have multinational corporations backing them. They also make more money on Television and Sponsorship deals. Not to mention gate receipts which compared to top leagues Mexico's prices are very cheap.

Any of you gentlemen remember La Promotora that built the Super Chivas squad. Do you guys know why they went broke and ended up selling all the top players and even their last year of contact to manage the club. Do you guys know why the socios that owned the club rented it out to Promotora in the first place (pro tip: it was to pay off debts) and why they would rather sell the team (which had recently won a league title and played in another final) instead of keeping ownership.

If you owned 5% stock of Chivas what would it take for you to sell your shares of the team? I bet for most of you it would have to be pried out of your cold dead hands. However, if that 5% stock meant you had to be paying off monthly debt then at one point or another it would become a very expensive hobby.

http://www.mediotiempo.com/futbol/2...anda-a-chivas-tv-por-final-de-futbol-mexicano

25. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    What are our chances of getting back Víctor Guzmán?

I would also not buy Cota.

Jimenez should get the spot for now.

I also feel like Rodriguez will be another Talavera and will bite us in the ass years down the road...

We need a pair of new defenders.

Hiram MIer should be a chivas player 2 seasons ago. Add Nestor Araujo on there too.

Pumas is broke as shit...Gallardo would be a nice buy.