Red Bulls In 2018 CONCACAF Champions League [R]

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by EvanJ, Dec 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Davis is out for CCL. Muyl still in, but I wouldn’t play him. Shotski injured. Rest as many people as possible.

SATURDAY

———Bono
    Beze-Casseres-Rivas
    Politz-Davis-Lade
    Escobar-Collin-Redding
    ———Robles

Valot Etienne an Kaku first off the bench as they need to stay sharp but also rested for

TUESDAY

———BWP
    Royer-Kaku-Etienne
    —-Valot-Adams
    Taxi-Long-Parker-Murillo
    ———Robles

Lade first off the bench.

2. Zamphyr

Zamphyr Member

Mar 31, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    o_O ;)

3. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha! Sorry. Edited.

4. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Yeah, he's really leveled off, not sure why, but if Marsch wants to keep starting him, Muyl was to do better or those mistakes are really going to hurt against tougher opponents.

5. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    This is a fun ten minute video about the Red Bulls trip to TJ:

6. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Valot looked really good and Rzadz looked ok too. The Felipe trade is starting to make sense. However, watch the RBNY is like watch Man U these days in that both sides are dependent on great keeper play and Oppo's blowing good chances. This can't last and Parker needs to adjust to the team. Him and Long have great potential but they need to gel.

Muyl is becoming a poor man's Zardes. Yup I said it. he is a defensive winger which doesn't make much sense unless you play a 343 or 532. He needs to step up his game.

adi21 repped this.
  7. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Valot was surprisingly good. I wouldn’t mind seeing a lot more of him. Rzatkowski is an excellent player. I hope this injury isn’t anything serious. We are going to be real good with him on the field.

I wouldn’t worry about the ManU thing though. Let’s be fair. We aren’t supposed to be able to win these games against Mexican sides. The payroll gap is massive. It’s like what 50 million to 5 million? Something like that? That gap in talent is just wat WAY too much.

Muyl is having a poor start, but I agree with you that he could be a good wingback in a 5 man backline.

Deadtigers repped this.
  8. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Muyl is tenacious, and strong enough defensively to be first choice, but he does give a lot away in the final third.

Deadtigers repped this.
  9. wrench

wrench Member+

May 12, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Looks a little inclement on the wether front. Hopefully snow holds off until we putts one to bed. Although TJ in forester sounds like home field advantage plus.

Woodrow repped this.
  10. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Luis Mendoza scored in the 10th minute. A Tijuana corner led to Tyler Adams's equalizer in the 28th minute to make the aggregate 3-1. Adams was offside, but it wasn't called, and in both legs we got helped by a bad offside call or missed call. Rzatkowski scored in the 70th minute and Gamarra (Kaku) scored in the 76th minute. We won the game 3-1 and the aggregate 5-1, so two bad calls didn't determine the outcome. There were 5 yellow cards, which went to Murillo, Lawrence, and 3 Tijuana players.

We have 10 points, which neither one of our possible opponents can reach, so we will host the second leg of the Semifinals against Seattle or Chivas Guadalajara. The second leg at Chivas will be tomorrow at 10:00 P.M., so we won't find out our opponent until Thursday morning. Us hosting the second leg guarantees that the second leg will start at 8:00 P.M. rather than 10:00 P.M. I don't know what time it would have started at Chivas, but it will start at 10:00 P.M. in Seattle. Chivas's home games were at 8:00 P.M. in the Round of 16 and 10:00 P.M. in the Quarterfinals. I'm assuming the Semifinals will be on different days rather than consecutively, so the start times won't be influenced by the time zones of other games.

Zamphyr repped this.
  11. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BWP just...I can’t. Unreal.

12. Night shift

Night shift Member

NY Redbulls
    United States
    Mar 23, 2015
    sec 201
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our front office better get its head out of its ass and start promoting this game to RB fans or you’ll get a sold out RB Arena with 80% Chivas fans. Assuming they beat Seattle. And if the Sounders win, still it would be nice to give the team a better Home field advantage.

13. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    You can't listen to the announcers on those calls. It's perhaps not 100% conclusive given the camera angle but in a freeze frame of Adams' position at the moment Murillo unleashed the pass, he was at worst even with the ball.

onefineesq repped this.
  14. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The boys deserved a much bigger ovation than they got last night. Sad.

We could just say that the demand isn’t there, but that’s a defeatist attitude and I don’t believe in defeatist attitudes.

Whatever they’ve been doing isn’t working. The only solution is to try another approach. Hopefully they realize that.

15. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wasn't going by the announcers. I thought he was offside while watching the replay showed afterward. Looking at the highlights, I agree that he was onside. What makes it hard to see is that he was kept onside by #9 where the ball was passed from, so #9 blocks the view of when the ball was passed.

Does anybody what ticket prices will be? If I can convince my parents to take me in potentially cold weather, I want to go the Semifinal second leg. I'm not saying this will happen, but if the Red Bulls host the Final second leg, all the broadcast TV and newspapers should send people.

In the five season coefficients ArsenalMetro posts in the CONCACAF Champions League forum, the Red Bulls are up to tenth and are the top club in MLS.

16. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Can't imagine this will cost more than $15.

17. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Fair enough. No idea on tix.

18. miggly

miggly Member

Jan 25, 2000
    NYC
    Last round they were $20 for general admission to certain upper level sections.

19. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    RBNY just sent out an email asking season ticket holders to pay a preferred ($23 for my corner seat) price to lock in the seats and price for this round and next round.

So I guess it will be regular full price EvanJ.

20. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Deadtigers repped this.
  21. miggly

miggly Member

Jan 25, 2000
    NYC
    If any STH around who can get me a ticket, PM me and I can venmo/cash/check you the $.

22. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Is anyone watching this? Marsch is going with a 523 and it leaves the midfield overrun. Plus he has Davis high pressing with Adams sitting back. We are down a goal and if it was up to me, I would bring on Rzats for Colin at the 60th, 65th Etienne for Muyl and 70th Kaku for Davis.

23. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Getting Collin out of the game earlier might have helped. I only watched the first half, and while Adams' giveaway was disastrous, and the yellow cards unnecessary, overall the team had it's moments, especially when Lawrence was able to get forward and wreak havoc. But the team had no central midfield playmaking, and ultimately had few chances to show for it. Bringing a 1-goal deficit into the home leg is not horrible, but this team can play with the Mexicans, and so last night's game has to be looked at as a missed opportunity for at least a road point. With Muyl out, it is the opportunity for one of the other mids to step up, but is Etienne, Jr. ready for prime time?

24. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Well they do need a goal. It will be interesting what we do this weekend but I say bring up RB2 and the kids. Rest Kaku and Etienne. Here is what I want for next Wednesday.

Robles
    Murillo Long Parker Taxi
    Valot Adams
    Etienne Kaku Royer
    BWP

25. miggly

miggly Member

Jan 25, 2000
    NYC
    Was wondering why Kaku and Ratzo didn't get any time. We're they sitting on yellow cards? I only saw 2nd half and we couldn't complete more than 2 passes without having to go long. Chivas keeper did well to close down BWP on the one chance we had in 2nd.

Collin is just a disaster lately. A veteran like him has to be smarter. Probably could have been sent off against Orlando as well. Good news that he's not available for the return leg.

Woodrow repped this.