Red Bull Arena Construction Thread 8 : Enough Waiting for our Fully Operational Death Star Already

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Thomas A Fina, Feb 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Red Bull Arena Construction Thread 8 : Enough Waiting for our Fully Operational Death Star Alrea

Link?

;) :p

2. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Red Bull Arena Construction Thread 8 : Enough Waiting for our Fully Operational Death Star Alrea

Are you talking about the 1,200 seats section they added, the one where 10% of those seats have obstructed views?

3. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Elvis Minaya is like Chuck Norris, he doesn't provide the link, he is the link.

1 person likes this.
  4. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Here:

Top 10 MLS Stadiums

1 person likes this.
  5. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls

Nice.:)

6. Kidtelex

Kidtelex New Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Long Island
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

even though Qwest isn't a SSS I'd rank it higher. I mean it doesn't have a frikkin terrace/stage on one end. fans 360 around.

7. Elvis Minaya

Elvis Minaya Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Valparaiso, Chile
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

jeje, great post

8. Tifosi FC

Tifosi FC New Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  9. Kidtelex

Kidtelex New Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Long Island
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  10. Happy Camper

Happy Camper New Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls

will they be able to put all the seats on time? there is only 2 weeks left. will the stadium be ready?! :confused::confused:

HC:D

11. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Everything else is just a concrete hole with chairs.

1 person likes this.
  12. Elvis Minaya

Elvis Minaya Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Valparaiso, Chile
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

Hey more respect to our # 11 Community America Ballpark in KC.

13. MLS1FAN

MLS1FAN Member+

May 11, 2004
    Miami Beach,FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

*4- BMO (new re-designed stadium) - What does this new redesigned BMO Field looks like, is there any images of the redesign?

14. Kidtelex

Kidtelex New Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Long Island
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

hey mls1fan, there's no way you can be a RBNY AND Union supporter, you're gonna have to cut ties with one come 4/24... :)

15. MLS1FAN

MLS1FAN Member+

May 11, 2004
    Miami Beach,FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hey I have ties to both cities, my sister and some other family members live in the Philadelphia burbs of Delaware County and they are also Red Bulls and Union fans, but are strickly Eagles and Phillies fans. The thing with Philly soccer fans are, they didn't have an MLS team to support all these years and so most of them supported NYRB while the other half supported DC United. I lived in Jersey City for many years before moving south to Miami and I went to the very first Metrostars home game in 1996, I've been following the Metrobulls from the very first year and will continue to support them. But I like what they are doing in Philly also, after the season starts who knows how I will feel about the Philly team especially after the first game between Red Bull and the Union, but one thing I could say for sure is that it will be a hell of a rivalry!

16. Elvis Minaya

Elvis Minaya Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Valparaiso, Chile
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

As soon as find them again i will post them. But, BMO is a nice place anyway.

17. Elvis Minaya

Elvis Minaya Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Valparaiso, Chile
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

Anyone heard anything on the webcam????????

18. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ

The webcam will be obsolete in seven days.

19. Tifosi FC

Tifosi FC New Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  20. Meola10

Meola10 New Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Hoboken / S.I.

I paid a visit to RBA today. Walked around, took a few pictures, waved to the inoperational webcam.

The place looks great. The problem is that it may be difficult to get there for those driving. Parking is an issue unless they have the ability to pave over the vast space out front. You could fit quite a few vehcles over there.

21. Elvis Minaya

Elvis Minaya Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Valparaiso, Chile
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

Talking about parking, they have set a price for parking yet. I'm expecting $10 or $15, no more than that.

22. Meola10

Meola10 New Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Hoboken / S.I.

One of the smaller lots by the overpass had a sign; $7.00 for the day. That will probably change for game days.

I didn't see a price for the large parking garage, which seems only partially opened. In order to get there, one has to head all the way down bergin or sussex streets, then down 2nd to the garage entrance. I hope that there is at least a pedestrian entrance on the other side of the structure, otherwise it will be a long walk.

23. jcr3

jcr3 Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

On Brian Lewis's column in soccer blog on NYPost.com, he interviewed Eric Stover who indicated that Red Bull arena can actually be retrofitted to easily seat 32,000 with the expanded seating taking place in the upper deck. I don't know how this would be done, but this is something for the future if attendance warrants and if the local infrastructure including parking can support it.

24. MLS1FAN

MLS1FAN Member+

May 11, 2004
    Miami Beach,FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah, I'm also wondering how this could be done to bring capacity up to 32,000 with out doing major reconstruction of the upperdeck and roofing structure.

25. chibchab

chibchab Member

Jul 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I had a private tour of RBA today. Absolutely beautiful building. All the facilities are first class.

Half the pitch had a poor color to it, apparently the sod didn't take well. The railing on the 2 level is a bit low for my liking, won't be surprised to hear of people taking a spill there.

Also, be aware of section 129 row 17 seat 1 and 2. your view will be obstructed, i don't know why they placed a seat there, I imagine they won't sell the seat.

The suites a very plush as is the lounge area.

All in all, very nice facility. can't wait.