Review: Really? Really????

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by Cavani7, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Cavani7

Cavani7 Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    LYON vs APOEL...

REALLY? Platini, first the 7-1 job now this? :D;)

2. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I'm laughing all the way to the bank.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

:cool:

3. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I wouldn't look too much into it. It's obvious that if Lyon make it, they'll get one of the hardest draws next round, either Marseille/Inter or Zenit/Benfica.

Regardless, I'm going to enjoy when they finally get a big gun and get trounced whether it's the semi final or quarter final. I'm not one on conspiracies mind you, but the Lyon fiasco and Platini being French and generally looks like a douche, make me a skeptic for this scenario.

4. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Lyon are a very talented team and aren't getting any credit because they don't play in England, Italy, or Spain. I think there are very few teams left that would "trounce" them. Barca or Real would but not much else.

5. Cavani7

Cavani7 Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    There's no doubt they are a quality club, but this lucky draw is another story. ;)

6. Mikeeuq

Mikeeuq New Member

Jan 7, 2012
  7. Cirdan

Cirdan Member

Sep 12, 2007
    Jena (Germany)
    Well, let's have a look at Lyons luck in recent 2nd round draws:

2008 Manchester United
    2009 FC Barcelona
    2010 Real Madrid
    2011 Real Madrid
    2012 APOEL

Yup, it's unbelievable. They always get the most attractive clubs out there, clearly they are cheating... though obviously, someone slipped up this time around, who would want to play lowly APOEL.

8. Cavani7

Cavani7 Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    When was the last time the CL 2nd round had a team like APOEL?

9. Cirdan

Cirdan Member

Sep 12, 2007
    Jena (Germany)
    So, you would have suspected APOELs opponent of cheating no matter whoever it was?

ManU, Barca and twice Real is quite tough even by CL group winner standards. APOEL is ridiculously easy by the same standard, but someone had to draw them. And I think it's nice that Lyon got someone easier after the last couple of years.

I do admit that the last CL matchday looked fishy (more because of Ajax' 2 wrongly disallowed goals than Lyons high win), but that's a different story.