Realist Fan 2018

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by puttputtfc, Jul 22, 2018.

?

Who takes the crown?

1. hangthadj (defending champ)

2.2%
  2. KHT_Crew

8.7%
  3. Markus

8.7%
  4. GoCrew 1996

52.2%
  5. Placid Casual

8.7%
  6. cr1st

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. The same random lady who was handed the Supporter's Shield for no known reason

4.3%
  8. Wil Trapp

2.2%
  9. Yeah Morgan

13.0%
  1. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Lots of fine choices this year and apologies to those I forgot. Special shout to soundermiki for his work.

2. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is only one option this year.

Draghignazzo and SLSHOT01 repped this.
  3. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought @mateo319 was the maestro of this voting poll. But he is probably too busy being a big shot so...

Puttputt - is the one option about the lady in reference to the “official” Crew fan of the year circa 2005?

4. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    I think that was the year. Another fine example of the team/league being out of touch. But, hey, she deserves a chance here as well.

5. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    In case you didn't know, Markus is your son.

6. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes.

I have a conflict of interest since I already offered my services as campaign manager to the easily proclaimed realest fan, GC96. One option to rule them all. I feel bad for everyone else. Show is over, folks. Think 1920 US presidential election, but much, much more lopsided.

Now I do not know what Markus did to you (hope your car was not one that got some love taps from the soccer ball at the various tailgates this year), but you threw a five year old into an impossible challenge. Maybe you are friends with last night’s ref, and maybe you heard a certain five year old heckling him from the top of 101. Not sure.

Still... when my brain wants to work tomorrow, I will try to provide analysis on each of this year’s “contenders.”

7. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Life is not pre-K graduation. You don't always get a trophy for existing.

It's not what Markus did to me it's what he did for me. I can come here and talk about business metrics, formations, player moves, etc but there is one thing I can't do. I can't see the world through a child's eyes. At no point do I think writing Steffen a letter will make him stay but it's awesome Markus wanted to write Meram a letter. I appreciate all the info GC96 has given us but if he's standing side by side to Markus in superhero outfits, Markus wins one hundred per cent of the time. The picture of your kids holding hands on the slide are the real reason the Crew shouldn't leave. This whole fiasco has sucked and I'm not sure how much support I have left for MLS but Markus stories have brightened this shit stain in MLS history.

Draghignazzo repped this.
  8. SourCream&OnionUtd

Nov 19, 1998
    Amazing work

TKyle repped this.
  9. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Although I am one of many of us who appreciate soundermiki’s contributions, isn’t there some kind of bylaw disqualifying him on account that he is, well, a Sounder’s fan?

kgilbert78 repped this.
  10. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    That's why it's a special shout and not an option.

11. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well...

Since I am not linked with some of you on another social media platform, yesterday I shared this photo:

[​IMG]

After most games, the following morning Markus looks through the Matchday pamphlet. Then he devises his starting line up for Crew and the “bad guys.” He proceeds to play soccer with our two inside soccer goals throughout the day.

With the news of “maybe” Meram returning, I told him he could throw Meram back in the lineup just as a special appearance.

Please notice where future Crew GM has JM9.

.... I am still working with him on positioning...

12. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    That lineup can't get any more real.

Draghignazzo and SourCream&OnionUtd repped this.
  13. CrewV Man

CrewV Man Member+

Aug 18, 2011
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there write in vote? I am not seeing the realest fans.

14. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since puttputt created this thread aka campaign aka popularity contest aka official anointing of GC96 so he can put it in his signature like other cool kids, I have been wrestling with a "what if?" write-in vote..

My mind goes to: FF, Foos, @fidlerre, @HuntKop, myshap, and many others whom I know are still avid Crew fans; yet, they stopped posting around these parts.

Not sure if you can get any more real than that.

CrewV Man repped this.
  15. 110toyourleft

110toyourleft Member+

Jan 27, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cant argue with any of those. Trapp is on a hot streak and deserves to start up top.

Draghignazzo and SourCream&OnionUtd repped this.
  16. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @KHT_Crew - Could you do us a solid for a Monday morning and post some of your best work from the Crew to Austin thread? I would prefer to see your portfolio of work prior to making any hasty decisions.

SourCream&OnionUtd repped this.
  17. zman31

zman31 Member+

May 5, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @KHT_Crew is the Realist and, dare I say, Realest fan among us. We've all appreciated @GoCrew1996 and what they've brought in the epic Austin thread has helped to keep us sane. We all love and hate @hangthadj and his very real takes on games, players, Austin, etc. @Placid Casual is another casualty to moderation and his posts are missed. @YeahMorgan is a lovely leader of the #SaveTheCrew movement, but hardly posts.

This is OUR competition. Crowning our champion. The Columbus Crew Big Soccer Realist Fan. No one brings more to this community than @KHT_Crew. The photo shops alone make KHT the landslide winner in my book.

18. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Why do you hate Markus?

Draghignazzo repped this.
  19. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When I saw who you voted for, I was really hoping you would get in the action for KHT. Very good starting point!

20. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Changed my vote. In my opinion there are two candidates this year. One behind the scenes feeding us info and the other as a leader in the STC movement.

I’m changing my vote to @YeahMorgan because he quite honestly is putting his soul into saving the team and even though he’s not around these parts frequently, he deserves more recognition.

21. DrunkandDisorderly

Mar 17, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    How is there not more support for #FreePlacid?! I mean, without his original post, would we even have the 20,000+ post Crew to Austin thread?

chr1st repped this.
  22. zman31

zman31 Member+

May 5, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On Tapatalk, it always appears as though the last post in the thread is made by Placid. I'm always hopeful he's back, but it is just because their software sucks and he started the thread.

23. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But... the code?!?!?!

He is not here to plead for votes... and his campaign manager, @hangthadj, has done a poor job so far. Most likely due to him (hang) running again (I did not know that was possible...).

I have always used a browser (old school?). Which has all sorts of fun glitches like not viewing images that other posters post. Unintended suspense built.

24. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know, I know. Believe me, it wasn't an easy choice. I still think GC will win but felt that that chick, Morgan deserves some love for all of the tremendous work.

YeahMorgan and chr1st repped this.