REAL MADRID x REAL SOCIEDAD | La Liga J.23 | 10.02.2018 | 20:45 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Feb 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Hope we make it to second by the time the season ends.

Deep Pal, 4x4s and Shay Z repped this.
  2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ronaldo made gestures towards the fans that were boohing Benzema telling them to stop.

3. Los Merengues

Los Merengues Member

Dec 7, 2004
    California
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

At least Zidane recognizes that Karim is struggling. Will he bench him on Wednesday? I wouldn’t count on it but who knows. In the past, he has played the first leg of these CL ties somewhat conservatively. With Carvajal suspended for this match, I think it would be a mistake to play 4-3-3 with BBC.

4. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    CR7 and Bale up top, with Casemiro, Modrić, Kroos and Isco. Hopefully.

Digital, Hendrix22 and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  5. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    That was a great game. Crosses actually mattered this time.

I took the time to read all the pages, and I see some of you are still not happy. Yeah we conceided two, and then? If we win 5-2 against PSG, I'll be happy.

6. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Dude deserves to be benched, no doubt about it. But I feel like whenever we do that it "disturbs" Cristiano's game at least for the first 2-3 matches. His fit with Benzema is so natural that it takes him a bit to adjust when Benzema isn't playing.

I wouldn't make such a change such an important game. Just hoping Cristiano and others don't miss their chances so if Benzema even misses one or two it won't matter. Also, its a better chance in the CL at the big stage that we see the non sucky Benzema.

7. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    He's France top scorer in CL so yeah it's possible.

I feel very confident tonight. PSG defense sucks. We might stomp them.

8. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Not that our defense has been stellar. So, let us be realistic and hold our horses.

But one thing is true. Carvajal not playing is a positive. His season is shockingly bad, not to mention he struggled against Neymar even when he was producing great stuff.

Hendrix22 repped this.
  9. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    We will need 2 way Marcelo on Wednesday though. Not the sleep walking Marcelo. Also will need the CL anthem singing, ghost face killa Cristiano and not the I have to get up out of my bariatric chamber at 4am to change a diaper muy triste Cristiano.

Anyway...... that's all talk for the PSG match thread.

10. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Our only chance at this point.

11. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    same line up we as the Villarreal (lost) and Celta (tie) games.

12. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    He deserves it though. The fans are absolutely right.

I think he's had enough chances and now enough is enough.

13. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    It's not that. We played 442 last season and we dominated. It's our best formation.

It's no coincidence we suck at 433

14. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    Their anger is misguided, fans should be booing Zidane, he's the one that continually puts him in the starting line up despite his awful form.

Isco, Asensio and Lucas continually outperform him yet none will EVER get in the starting line up. It's pure horseshit.

Benzema is Zidane's son and it's sickening.

15. dipluso

dipluso Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    CT
    Exactly this - deja vu. This has happened so many times now it defies belief. Lack of confidence? nerves? Does he need glasses? Maybe he can't see the ball well?! I mean, how can he miss the entire goal so many times from 3 yards out?!

16. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Fans are human, if they see one dude failing but the team doing well, they might not get on him as much as if the team is failing and one player in particular continues to have stinker after stinker yet still starts every game, ZZ should expect this and as another poster has noted the fans anger is misguided, Benz can’t start himself time and again

17. nooshcat

nooshcat Member

Jan 3, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Bernabeu whistled the shit out of Benzema. Deserved. Donkey.

18. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Asensio has been inconsistent and mostly abysmal. Lucas is a winger and limited in what he does. Isco hasn't played anywhere near his best football since the first few weeks of the season. All that doesn't excuse Benzema's dreadful form, but let's not make it as if the other players have forced anyone's hand.

madridismo, raven3k, Deep Pal and 2 others repped this.
  19. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    I'm not saying they have all had great seasons but they have all been performing better than Benz. In every department including scoring goals.

Asensio has more goals, Isco has more goals. Lucas has already equalled Benzema's goal tally and he's probably only had 4 or 5 shots all season. It's laughable.

We are talking about a man who is an undisputed starter. Never benched.

He is not good enough. He neither assists nor scores goals anymore. He doesn't even press the defenders enough.

It's not hard. You play bale and Ronaldo up front and add an extra midfielder. 442 or 4231. You play the best players and best system.

It's the most bizarre situation in football today.

20. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    good confidence win.
    our defense is still crap.
    Benzema deserved to be booed.
    of course he will start against PSG. Zidane will play him as a goalkeeper if needed so benzema "can gain confidence".

21. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Our defense is such trash that I totally see your point. I give up on this defense keeping a clean sheet. No way that happens against PSG. Hopefully it's not an embarrassment like it was when Real played Barca.

Excape Goat repped this.
  22. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    A month ago, I actually started to feel that Asensio might be just another overrated kid, but last night, he played liked he will be our answer in the next few years.

23. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Asensio will never be one of the greats but I think he'll turn out to be quite a good player. Better than Isco.

I really don't think he's been that bad this year to be honest. He's had some below average games but I've never considered him a waste of a selection.

24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Isco was being doubted just like he is at his age. He'll find his path. I'm more worried about Kovacic to be honest.

25. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agree with you that I think Asensio will find his path; but unfortunately I think Isco has still to a large extent not lived up to expectations. He was brilliant for parts of last season, but that's about the only time I feel like he has been world class in 4 and a half years in Madrid. At this rate I think there's a grave danger that he will turn into an eternal promise like Guti (although he was my favorite RM player).

The worst part is, I get the feeling that if he ends up playing for a manager like Pep he will instantly turn into WPOTY quality. But that's just a feeling.