REAL MADRID vs REAL VALLADOLID | La Liga Day 2 | 24.08.2019 | 19:00 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    To me what he provides is not enough.

CL winners had their best scorers do more than waiting in the box that some balls would happen to be near. Ronaldo or even like the front three at Pool.

We already have Benzema that doesn't backtrack much to participate or defend. And to me, even old Benz does more.

Varnagel repped this.
  2. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    A better question is can neymar and Benzema play together. They both drop deep and with hazard one or the other is congesting the others space.

3. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Sorry but I don't understand why you ask me that.

Given the time I have to watch football, a good bunch of games. I posted about him here even before we bought him o_O. How about digging my posts? You'll see I'm not an hazard hater at all.

I even defended him here when 4x4s, and many others were reticent. Yet I think Neymar is better, and I will say it if people come at me with a comparison, and since he's open for grab, yes I would do it.

I think we have the money for that too.

4. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Another bad coaching decision. He’s not a right sided player.

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  5. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Benz is good enough as a 9, and as you say drop more than Jovic to participate (not hard given Jovic inputs)

Varnagel repped this.
  6. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    Couldnt watch it ... just saw the score. Wtf. What happened ?

7. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    Zidane ...what is he doing with Vinicius,he is destroying him since he returned.Vinicius and Hazard are out most dangerous players...i dont know what he is doing

8. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    With minutes Jovic scores >20 goals a season, he will not assist as much as Benz or create as much but he will bring the goals. It comes down to what the player selection and tactics, goals and outlet in the box or creation and goals. Both are important, but personally I'd expect more creation from midfield especially with guys like Isco and James to pick from and let Jovic finish chances and occupy the defense.

9. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Plenty of people feel the same way, I see it very different. I'm much more concerned with my CF scoring and being an outlet than doing the midfielders job. In any case whatever Zidane is trying to do we have to be able to accomplish it more than once every 90 minutes.

Digital repped this.
  10. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    To me, my personal opinion.

You can Put Benz/Jovic up there, and leave Hazard, and Neymar pass the ball to them, and both would score like 30+ goals each per season.

Maybe I was harsh when I say to drop Jovic, but I would keep him to alternate the 9 slot with Benz.

But to be fair, I am not a football coach, and Zidane that is, is apparently against that.

LEquipeTV said yesterday that Zidane think Neymar plays where Hazard does, and since he likes Hazard very much, he doesn't see the point of buying Neymar.

11. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I would definitely be playing Benz with Jovic in a 442, whatever work off the isn't being done by hazard can be distributed between Benz and Jovic just as we used to compensate for Ronaldo in the past.

But that would require much more effort by our midfield to get back behind the ball in transition and a tactical press to quickly regain possession and I just don't think Zidane has shown any interest in that much tactical discipline.

Varnagel repped this.
  12. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    Benzema-Jovic duo is not winning LA LIGA ,we need WORLD CLASS players in their prime or entering their prime like Mane,Salah,Mbappe

13. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Same old, same old.

Anon. and RMrules repped this.
  14. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    I think even with Hazard playing as LM in 4-4-2, you are defensively more solid than in 4-3-3 with Casemiro, Kroos, Modrić and hyper offensive fullbacks.

natenate101 and temesgen repped this.
  15. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    We blew and blew but could not blow the house down.

Yannick Relens repped this.
  16. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I’m with you on this all the way, the main thing I want from my 9 is goals, simple

temesgen repped this.
  17. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    guys, whats up with Carvajal?? always was a huge fan, but his crossing just became awful for at least couple seasons now

S1na and temesgen repped this.
  18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We controlled the match but lacked goals, Zidane brought on Jovic and Vinicius for James and Isco, we lost all control but scored a goal and eventually paid the price for playing without a midfield.

Yannick Relens repped this.
  19. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    People talk about us missing chances......the only chances we create are from crosses and long shots.No dribbles,nothing through the middle ,we are so slow we cant counteratack anymore.Just cross cross cross cross and some long shots,we stoped playing good foorball after that Supercopa agains Barca in the summer of 2017....

20. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    Benzema's goal was fantastic. Just genius.

Everything else is just awful. The endless crosses. I don't like watching this team. Probably played one of the worst attacking sides in la liga and they still managed to score.

I could accept this happening but the fact that it is the same team from 3 years ago shows that Zidane has no idea how to build a new team.

I can accept losing if there is changes. There isn't.

RMrules repped this.
  21. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    he used to cross to Cristiano Ronaldo,now he cross to nobody...like Marcelo

Ayayain repped this.
  22. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    completely agree with your post,especially this:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

23. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    We were attacking through the middle a lot in first half. Just the issue being that attacks stop in final third and we migrate to flanks. Because we lack a player who knows how to run behind opponents defense. Instead we have Benzema who mostly drops deep, while Bale is out wide whispering to the outline grass. Imagine having a guy like Mbappe upfront with James behind.

temesgen and Digital repped this.
  24. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    i miss 2014 and how Di Maria was destroying every team playing in midfield,2014/15 4-4-2 was beautiful,17 with Isco and peak Modric/Kroos.....but since then we have no idea what to do in the final third.....just get the ball to Marcelo,Carvajal,Bale,Vasquel and cross cross crooss awful football,atleast we had Ronaldo score some headers but now....Jesus awful football

Edino Edinho repped this.
  25. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    Reading comments and realising that everyone seems to be complaing about the same issues of two years ago.

Well...it is the same players and the same manager and the same tactics.

We wanted revolution we wanted changes. We got Zidane.

More excited to watch Odegaard and Kubo every week than this team.

I just want a new manager. Some new juicy ideas. This is shit.

Edino Edinho repped this.