REAL MADRID vs GALATASARAY | UCL Group Stage Day 3 | 10.21.2019 | 15:00 EST

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by saadomar, Oct 21, 2019.

1. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Glad Valverde is back. We need his energy. By my understanding, Gala is a good defensive team but has struggled scoring. Should be a win for us

2. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Not surprising.. last time Kroos played he walked out injured and he’s immediately reinstated into the lineup as soon as he’s back. Zidane continues to treat James like a useless player and not recognize that he was probably the best player for us, together with Casemiro, in the game against Mallorca

3. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    I'm completely hopeless. Starting eleven doesn't matter if they keep playing like they just knew each other yesterday. Hopefully they are able to connect some passes or create some chances that don't involve crosses or oponnet mistakes.

Modric-87, RMrules and temesgen repped this.
  4. ImadEdd

ImadEdd Member+

Real Madrid
    Morocco
    Feb 17, 2019
    I don't think it's a yellow card for Vini, he has been tested on the right and it's not his best position. James is slow and should not play as a left wing, I'm sure he would have put Bale or Vasquez if they were ready to play. I hope the kid get a good game.

5. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Rodrygo. Finally common sense.

6. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    we got enough talent to beat Galatasaray. might be ugly, might be just individual effort by players like Benz or Eden, but the talent should be enough even with our dis-functional, dis-organized team.
    if we don't beat them, we have no place in the CL, its bad, but it is our current level.

7. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I hope Rodrygo is not hurt by being overly eager to make an impact aka play hero ball.

But i fully expect him to make a splah and have a coming out party. Something special about that kid

SayWhatIWant repped this.
  8. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Rodrygo start?

My boy is going to take it. He's ready and he won't let us down with his decision making and finishing.

I thought Zidane would go safe with James.

Color me impressed

Digital repped this.
  9. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Would have preferred Mendy as well, hope we pull it off, good luck to Rodrygo, really hope he has a good influential game

temesgen and Drouchk repped this.
  10. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    We're a lot more balanced when one or the other fb is in advanced positions rather than both roaming up the pitch.

Drouchk, Eddie and meringues repped this.
  11. crow80

crow80 Member

Real Madrid
    Aug 31, 2015
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I know it might be early but anyone know a decent stream?

BeIn is crap! Have a subscription and can’t even stream properly (works for like a second every 2 min)

saadomar repped this.
  12. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Zidane often confuses change with tactics, he seems to think if you do a new lineup it will confuse the opponent.leading to goals tactical considerations aside.

13. SayWhatIWant

SayWhatIWant Member+

Jan 10, 2015
    HE was poor against Mallorca. I wouldn't trust him as a CM. He's more useful as a substitute.

14. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Would have preferred Mendy as well but Marcelo hasnt been terrible in recent games, lets hope he doesnt start now.

15. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I think the team was just bad, James Isco in midfield was just extremely poor but not more so than the other 9 players

J-Mezzy and SayWhatIWant repped this.
  16. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I watched the 1st half and IMO he was not poor at all... almost all of our attack originated with him.
    It is a shame that Zidane does not trust him to partner him with two CMs providing cover in Casemiro and Valverde ..

17. SayWhatIWant

SayWhatIWant Member+

Jan 10, 2015
    I think all things considered James' performance was okay, it's just that it exposes his limitations. He has a good eye for a final ball and deadball situation - at least relative to some of our other players - but he's more suited to tip the balance in the last 30min

temesgen repped this.
  18. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Here's what I've decided: I'm gonna avoid social media and the internet until I get home from work tonight and catch the full game. I can't be distracted during work. Idk what I'll do if we drop points here. We better not...

19. Modric-87

Modric-87 Member

Real Madrid
    Netherlands
    May 26, 2018
    Valverde plays, we gonna win with 1-2, 2x Benz.

20. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    And the game basically isn't available in the states unless you have fubo... Why did tnt even buy the rights of they aren't going to broadcast games... You shouldn't be eligible to buy if you don't plan to show the games... SMH

21. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I cancelled my cable sports package because of how trash Bein's streams are. They require MS silverlight and almost none of my browsers work for it anymore. Their phone app also doesn't work.

22. Modric-87

Modric-87 Member

Real Madrid
    Netherlands
    May 26, 2018
    James performs best in a team thats already running. He is not a guy who takes the lead, he is a support expert. I will never forget his assist against Dortmund.

SayWhatIWant repped this.
  23. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gotta have this one! Come on boys!

24. Modric-87

Modric-87 Member

Real Madrid
    Netherlands
    May 26, 2018

Maybe someone on Twitch streams it.

temesgen repped this.
  25. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good cross by Valverde. Hazard should’ve done better with that initial shot attempt.