Real Madrid are CHAMPIONS!! Cope Del Rey Final POSTMATCH DISCUSSION

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Horsehead, Apr 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Horsehead

Horsehead Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Post Match Discussion Thread for Discussion of Match.

Iker says FFS, please stop trolling each other. :p

[​IMG]

2. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    Re: Real Madrid vs. Barcelona | Spring 2011 Clasico #1 of 4 | POSTMATCH DISCUSSION

Boooo :p You close that other one just after I post my great "postmatch/dust has settled/trolling has been dealt" with post.

3. Horsehead

Horsehead Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Re: Real Madrid vs. Barcelona | Spring 2011 Clasico #1 of 4 | POSTMATCH DISCUSSION

I know, I saw that and I felt bad. Go ahead and paste it here.

I closed because it wasn't settling itself. :(

4. WhiteBlood

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait

Fine, since you insist :p

My 2cents. Im sure that Benz09 will be waiting anxiously :p

Tbh, I didnt like the way we setup. But we made it work, Pepe was absolutely huge for us.

I didnt like DIMaria, too much running like a headless chicken and not enough using his brain. I liked what I saw from Ozil when he came on. Benzema needs us to have more possession of the ball for him to be effective, and in these games with Barca thats not going to happen so Adebayor ( good game from him aswell ) replaces him for the Copa.

We need to be better with the ball when we get it, thats easier said than done. We had things on lock tbh ( apart from the Villa penalty shout & Messi attempted chip ) and had the more dangerous chances till then. Ball cleared off the line was heartbreaking. Albiol, I hated on him when it happened but he shouldve done better.

I'd like to see Ronaldo down the left more tbh. Adriano was well instructed ( or purely by instinct because he was on a yellow early on to stay back a bit more ) so if we manage to do that with Alves we really mess up a major part of their game.

Good god are they good at keeping the ball. On another note, we put out one hell of a MANlike performance once we went down. There was a moment where they were trying to clear the ball on the edge of their box and we were just running straight at them full speed pressing them into making mistakes, screeching into tackles.

God bless this team, and wow my heart stopped when Khedira took that shot on the edge of the box. I thought for sure that will ripple the net because he's due on tbh. Shame.

Ronaldo-Adebayor-Ozil
    Pepetheman-Alonso-Khedira
    Marcelo-Ramos-Carvalho-Arbs
    GodblesstheSaint​

Backline picks itself. I like the more "wise" option of Ozil in there. And Adebayor did very well in his time on the pitch, definitely a better option if we are to play this sort of game. Aerial threat, pace and power to get in behind the backline.

Any injury worries for both teams for the Copa final? Puyol? Pique? I'd fancy our chances a whole lot more if Busquets is forced to play as a CB leaving Mascherano or Keita in his place in the middle of the pitch ( not the Cules trio = less possession, less possession for them, more for us ).

Let's rock & roll folks, hopefully the boys will only increase in confidence as we play them more.

:cool:

5. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007

I'm glad to see you recovered your wits from that dramatic, over-the-top meltdown you had after Barca scored yesterday to be able to post. Perhaps some posters could stand a measure of the fight and belief they demand of our players? :rolleyes:

6. WhiteBlood

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait

Im glad you're glad.

7. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005

In before positive match backlash part two. :D

8. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Good post. And indeed, any news on Puyol/Pique?

9. LosMerengues89

Jan 1, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Suscribed

10. C.Ronaldo9

C.Ronaldo9 Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic

My gosh does Mou have Barcas number or what? Tactical genius Mourinho. Figured out a way to stop Iniesta, Messi

I think in the final we'll see a more defensive team with Ozil starting or Adebayor in place of Benzema. Pity we won't see Pipita but oh well.

11. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Thought you guys may be interested in this. Good analysis of the game and tactics employed by Mourinho. I am not sure the Dunga comparison is 100% on, but still interesting.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story/_/id/908618/alvarez:-real-madrid's-top-tips?cc=5901

As stated in the article I am not sure you will be able to hold on to the ball with that initial lineup. But it may be your best chance of winning. I thought Mourinho did a superb coaching job. I am very impressed with how he played Pepe.

12. blanc

blanc Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Los Galácticos
    Club:
    Real Madrid

After losing 5 games in a row, that draw felt like a win
    After farca winning 5 games in a row, that draw felt like a loss

Bring on CdR and CL.

:)

13. FeelIt

FeelIt Member

Apr 7, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Thanks.

Here is Phil Ball's perspective: he offers Mourinho some praise.

14. toslat

toslat New Member

Jul 13, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Despite Di maria's errors on Saturday he is probably the better option to start ahead of Ozil. His pace, work rate and tracking back basically took alves out of the game, making farca more predictable upfront. Just dont see Ozil doing same and think he, along with Benz, will be more effective later in the game against a tired farca.

15. FeelIt

FeelIt Member

Apr 7, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Sid Lowe's perspective.

:rolleyes:

It's annoying how he always tries to pass off his opinion as fact.

16. Benz09

Benz09 Member

Apr 11, 2011
    With your mom
    Club:
    Real Madrid

With his reputation for thunderbolts my heart stopped too :p

Anyway your comments were spot on, and i think the only reason Ronaldo started on the right is because we all know he wouldn't be able to neutralise the attacking threat that Alves would've posed. Nevertheless i think he switched flanks at the right time in the second half and managed to interlink with Marcelo will enough to really start going at them, which is what brought the penalty.

I'd stick with Di Maria for the next game as well, but who knows Mourinho might change tactics to keep Pep guessing.

17. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  18. plyka

plyka Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  19. ratheesh7k

ratheesh7k Member

Feb 18, 2010
    India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  20. techfall

techfall Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Guys I just got off the phone with David Villa.. He told me he dived too

21. scotholiday11

scotholiday11 Member

Nov 19, 2006
    My house
    Club:
    Southend United FC

why the hell would danny diving alves sell out a fellow countryman like that?

22. Cyrudan

Cyrudan Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Because he's a douche and always has been?

23. scotholiday11

scotholiday11 Member

Nov 19, 2006
    My house
    Club:
    Southend United FC

I know but even for him thats kinda low..they were probably joking around and he runs to the papers first chance :rolleyes:

24. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007

This situation is similar to that Barcelona-Espanyol game when Xavi dived in the box rather shamelessly and Ibra converted the PK and Barca won 1-0. Remember after the game Xavi said Baena came up to him and told him it was a PK? And when Baena heard this stopped short of telling Xavi to go to Hell but he did say he was lying. I tell ya' these Cules :rolleyes:

25. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid