Real Betis Balompie Official Thread 2013-14 (R)

Discussion in 'Andalucia' started by Pichi, Jun 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    Agreed. Pepe Mel was the fall guy. Don't know if it matters but Villarreal were an exciting high intensity team when Garrido had Rossi, Valero, Cazorla, Nilmar, and Ruben.

2. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Hell Cazorla right now could defeat the Betis team single handedly! 14 new signings this summer and more than half of them don't belong in Primera. Two goalkeepers that are horrendous and it makes you wish Adrian, or even Casto were back in goal. The defense is in shambles slow, unable to cover man to man. There is no mid field and forget about strikers, except for the injured of late Ruben Castro no one is capable of scoring. He's been out of work for awhile and I do not believe he knows what minefield he just walked into! I wish him the best of luck which is much more than I can say for the Club Directors and Stosic who is to blame for these lousy new signings!

Viva Pepe Mel y Er Beti Manque La Directiva!!

3. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    well the firing of Juan Carlos Garrido proves one point, Pepe Mel wasn't the reason why Betis is not doing well. It's the freakin' Front Office getting sub-standard replacements for the players they sold this past summer. Pichi you know I wasn't a fan of the exodus from Betis, but now you see the damage it has caused. <_<

4. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Mel 10 points 15 games 0.66 pts per game, Garrido 1 point 5 games 0.20 pts per game. Glad he is gone, Er Glorioso needs to focus on configuring a team that will get promoted in their first year back in Segunda. This team is going down period and the sooner they look at who needs to get the axe and who is out of their contract in June and get a pre-agreement the better. If they wait until the summer to go into the player market they are screwed! As for the Board of Directors they need to be shown the door and replaced with younger business savy professionals!! Teh current Board of Directors are the most inept people I have ever seen and are the real culprits of why this team sucks right about now! Ese Beti Oe!!

Robdog repped this.
  5. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    The Home win today was the best news of 2014 for this club. So happy to get the 'W' :D

6. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Gaby Calderon in only his second league game in charge has earned more points 3 than Garrido did in 5 games 1 point. Next weekend the Che's in Mestalla! Ese Beti Oe!!

Robdog repped this.
  7. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Folks we are going down to Segunda like the Titanic did way back when! Gaby needs to sort out who needs to go now and who does it make sense to secure their services next year, as Er Glorioso seeks to return to Primera in their first try! Ese Beti Oe!!

8. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    The writing was on the wall back in December IMHO. Too much upheaval of players.

9. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Stosic and the Board of Directors are directly to blame beside the players themselves. To not renew Adrian as keeper because he was asking too much and then go out and hire Andersen for more than Adrian was asking for is am embarrassment to the club. The list goes on and on and on, 14 new players and most are not even worthy of Segunda or Segunda B is Stosics fault. Then they let Pepe Mel go when he and only he could get all he could out of these underclass players, instead of firing Stosic who was only canned when the fans were relentless in calling for his head. Garrido was a farce, one point in 5 games a 0.2 pt average for liga game when Mel was fired for a 0.66 average. Calderon needs to focus on getting the team ready for the assault back to Primera next year. I'm thinking that if the team goes down to cancel my BeIn subscription next year since now all I watch is the EPG except for the Betis games. Guess I'll save some dinero next year! Ese Beti Oe!!

Robdog repped this.
  10. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    well Betis will face scumbag sevilla in the Europa Liga. Booting those bums out would be a positive in a disastrous season. Where is qdog when you need him?

11. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    1-1 in Villareal where once again a non-PK was called on Betis as Chuli cleanly kicked the ball and the Villareal player fell from outside the area into the area and got the call. Sad but true commentary about LFP and their disrespect towards Er Glorioso. Check out Sid Lowe's commentary last night you need to go to the end where he mentions the Betis match and the change in the timetable for the match and how the LFP pissed off numerous fans from various teams.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...madrid-real-la-liga-sid-lowe?CMP=EMCFTBEML853

Ese Beti Oe!!

12. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Sevilla 0-2 Betis
    qdog I hope you were watching :D

13. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sweet derby away win on the international stage, isn't it? ;) It seems your guys aren't as bad as they perform in "La Liga"...

14. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Gaby wins his first derbi Sevillano in great style, and with that he wins over the fans! The hell with the possession game, great counters by Er Glorioso sealed the deal!! Listened to the game on Canal Sur and from the announcers they said the defense played a great game and except for the early chance in the beginning and a couple of other shots in the first half, Betis looked solid through and through! They need to carry the big Mo into this weekend against Elche on the road and bring home the 3 points! Only 8 points out of relegation. Viva Er Beti!!

15. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I see you are from Furth but a Borussia fan. My daughter was born in Furth as I was stationed in Schwabach in 83-86 with the Army. Became a 1FCN season ticket holder and still follow Der Club as much as possible! Was hoping that you guys would finish on top of Bayern this year but they are on a tear!

16. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, I'm actually Fürth & Borussia fan (more Borussia, though;-)). My bro is FCN supporter like you.

Nice to learn. Being born in Shamrock town, should bring her quite some luck. ;)

Btw: Tough luck for you guys tonight (I followed the game on German pay tv channel Sky). Really a pity you didn't manage to make the surprise.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...pielschema_real-betis-sevilla_fc-sevilla.html

17. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    that totally sux. Glad that qdog is not around here to rub that one in :(

18. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

I was gutted by the end result, although I should have known better when I woke up in a cold sweat last night dreaming that Er Glorioso lost 0-3 and I got damn close, maybe I will get lucky with the Spanish National Lottery this Christmas! Listened to the game at work and was shocked at how bad they came out at the start, lethargic and not able or willing to play the same game for 90 minutes like they did a week earlier. They played too far back, let Sevilla control the mid field, waited in their area for Sevilla to attack and never put sufficient pressure on the player with the ball and I was not surprised that they went to the locker room at HT down by a goal. They came out stronger in the second half but Leo was not able to capitalize and RC was non-existent for most of the match and that is not what is expected of him being the leading goal scorer on the team. Had they converted on one of their occasions in the second half the match would have been over. Instead against the run of play it was Sevilla who countered with a lethal counter attack and tied it all up. Betis didn't lose the game in the PK's they lost it in the first half!

No Europa League and Atletico de Madrid is in town this weekend. Unless they bag the 3 points Segunda will be the teams destiny next year. Viva Er Beti!!

19. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Yes Sevilla does suck see image below of that famous Mari Reyes and Gayardo gol celebration in 2004!

Ese Beti Oe!!

Gayardo.jpg

Robdog repped this.
  20. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Looks like Er Glorioso will be officially going down to Segunda this coming weekend. Worst Betis team in Primera in Er Glorioso's entire 107 year history! Looks like getting rid of Pepe and bringing in two new coaches was not the solution that the FO was looking for. Mel had 10 points after 15 games for an average of 0.666 points per game. Since his departure they have earned 12 points in 19 games for an average of 0.631 which was worse than Mel, Guess what most of us were saying all along is true that Stosic's decisions on signing new players this past summer was an epic failure, and at the end the coaches are not to blame but the awful group of players that Er Glorioso has on the team. Ese Beti Oe!!

21. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I must say, nice reading your thread. :D The highs and lows of sport can be so entertaining. I know Lolo's biggest regret is not signing Gallardo. I've been really busy Robdog, but I hope I'm back. I know you missed me. ;)

Robdog repped this.
  22. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Did they send your Palangana butt to the Stan for a short tour or what? Viva Er Beti!!

23. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Well you can come back after the summer & we can root for the Chiefs to win a playoff game for once ;)

Qdog repped this.
  24. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No Pichi, I've been working on my MBA, looking for a career change. I'm finishing up now, so I'll have more time to keep you and Robdog on the straight and narrow. :D

25. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After the Indy game I'm not sure I can ever build up hope. They should have been able to hold that lead with nothing more than runs up the middle and punts. :/