Real Betis Balompie 2010-2011 Official Thread (R)

Discussion in 'Andalucia' started by Pichi, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    I just want to go on the record that I believe in the Green & White Ghost :D

2. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Betis lost their first back to back games this season and with the loss to Granada today 3-0 they are now in a tie with Rayo Vallecano with 46 points and Celta close on their heels with 44 points. I would imagine that the effort in the Copa against Barca is taking it's toll plus some key injuries. Still with 20 games left there is plenty of time to get out of the slide of late and latch one of the two automatic promotion slots to Primera.

Here is the URL of the goals today, both the second and third ones were sweet, the first was a defensive breakdown with defenders losing their man during the play.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skHOBgdZJhE&feature=player_embedded#"]YouTube - Granada vs Real Betis (3-0) Goles Partido Resumen 30/1/2011 [FullGoals.com][/ame]

Betis next match is at home against another Andalucian team Huelva.

Viva Er Beti Libre!!

3. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Man Pepe better get Los Verdiblancos in shape or they will crash & burn. This is not good.

4. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Man, Los VerdiBlancos have fallen completely apart. Third lost in a row & they are now in 3rd place. Time to regroup or it will be Segunda next season :(

5. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    No that is number 4!!

Viva Er Beti Libre!!

6. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Make it 5 in a row after losing to Valladolid today 1-0, so after beating Barca 3-1 in the second leg of the Copa Er Glorioso has earned 0 points, scored 1 goal and that from a PK and has given up 10 goals and has seen their 6 point lead disappear and are now in 3rd place, 5 points behind Celta and 4 points behind Rayo with the 4-6 place teams closing the gap. Many want Mel's head but one has to ask and the players? Betis are at home next week against Albacete, it may be a good time to start winning again!

Viva Er Beti Libre!

7. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Epic meltdown which is on par w/ Chelsea's. How far down the table can Betis go??? Really sad in my book, especially after beating Barca :(

8. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    7 out of 9 points these past 3 matches with last Wednesdays ripoff by the ref in Ponferradina costing Er Glorioso the two additional points they deserved by not calling a textbook penalty and waiving off a goal on a botched off-sides call by the linesman. Today it was a 4-1 thrashing of Las Palmas with Ruben Castro finally bagging himself a goal with a great shot, Emana on a PK, Jorge Molina on a counter attack and Josico (OG). With today's emotional victory with the Betis player Miki Roque on the sidelines after being diagnosed with stage 1 cancer of the pelvis was sweet and with Celta losing enables Betis to close the gap to one point for automatic promotion to Primera:

Rayo 56 pts
    Celta 54 pts
    -----------------
    Betis 53 pts
    Granada 44 pts
    Gerona 42 pts
    Barca B 41 pts (one game at hand)

Next week there could be some changes in the top spot as Rayo plays Granada, Celta plays Villareal B and Betis is on the road against Gerona. There are still 14 games left in the Segunda season so a lot is still possible!

Viva Er Beti Libre and Animo Miki Roque, estamos contigo!!

9. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Expect Rayo to drop some points in the future. Their players haven't been paid. The owner is talkin' smack about their effort, even though they haven't been paid.

10. jt787

jt787 New Member

Sep 29, 2006
    Harrisonburg, VA
    Hey Guys

So how does the qualification process work if Betis ends up in third? Would it be a playoff round? :confused:

I hope we can finish 1st or 2nd. In my opinion we are better 10x better than Rayo and 5x better than Celta.

11. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    This the explanation I found on wikipedia:

The third team to be promoted is the winner of a play-off between the next four best qualified teams in positions 3 through 6 (reserve teams are not eligible for promotion). The play-offs comprise two-legged semi-finals followed by a two-legged final.

12. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    This is the first time this format is being used and I believe they used the various English leagues as an example, as in the past the top 3 teams used to run away with the slots and the last 4-5 games were a waste of time regarding promotion slots. This new result makes for a lot more excitement although as in England finishing third doesn't mean anything as seldom does that team get promoted as they usually lose in the final. The big change is that unlike the English leagues which after a two legged semi-final holds the final at Wembley, in Spain it will be a two legged final with the higher finishing team in the regular season getting the home leg in the second match.

Ese Beti Oe!!

13. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    As usual I was right! :D

Celta lost and Rayo tied as Er Glorioso won 0-1 and moved into second place, one point behind Rayo and two ahead of Celta. I believe that the 5 game losing streak was necessary for the team to refocus and finish the season strong as they have demonstrated without any help from the Refs!

My biggest concern is Emana who seems lost and either is injured and he's not saying anything or has just plain run out of gas! Either way Er Glorioso is on a roll and now is the right time of the season to get that winning or non-loss streak in gear!

Ese Beti Oe!!

14. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Although it wasn't pretty Er Glorioso won their fourth match in 5 games 1-0 at home against Salamance to keep that non-losing streak at 5 games and move into first place as Rayo was only able to snag a late 1-1 tie in Huelva.

Salva Sevilla scored the winner in the 74th minute and Isidro cleared a sure goal off the line in the 48th for Betis.

Er Glorioso now has 59 points to Rayo's 58 points and Celta has 54 with a game at hand.

There are only 12 matches left and the next 2 weeks will be key for Er Glorioso if they are to remain in first and get promoted to Primera.

Week 31: At Rayo
    Week 32: Celta at home.

Slay these two teams in back to back weeks will open up a nice lead for the last 10 matches!

Ese Beti Oe!!

Viva Er Beti Libre!!!

15. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    At this moment in time 3 points however a side looks, is good. I am telling you, barca put some voodoo on Los VerdiBlancos. Everything was going good until Betis came up against them. I guess if we want to play in La Liga, we need to find an antidote a lot quicker ;)

16. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Table Toppers(R)

Back to the top of the table :D Good day for all Los VerdiBlancos:D

17. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Good to see Celta in a free fall as they have now gone 7 games without a victory and are now in 4th place, trailing Betis and Rayo by 7 points and Barca B y 1. As everyone said all along Segunda Division is a marathon and every team has a bad streak sometime during the season. Betis has the following 5 matches coming up with only 9 matches remaining:

Cartagena
    @ Barca B
    Numancia
    @ Cordoba
    Tenerife

Today Er Glorioso put the game away in 10 minutes scoring 3 goals overturning a 1-0 deficit into a 1-3 lead with Emana bagging one goal and getting an assist on the second goal.

Here are the highlights!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqXRZiLBk4Y"]YouTube - Xerez 2 Betis 3 Lideres[/ame]

Ese Beti Oe!!

18. BarcaFan

BarcaFan Member

Nov 14, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I prefer the old format, the top 3 teams should get promoted. I hope Betis and Celta get promoted.

19. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    after a 5-0 win over Cartagena, I feel promotion is in the freakin' bag :D Only left to decide is who will win La Segunda.

20. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Er Glorioso and Rayo won so they remain tied on points with 66, but Betis has the head to head advantage. Celta moved back ahead of Barca B with 59 points to their 58 points.

Here is the scoring sheet:

1-0: m.19, Jorge Molina, de penalti.
    2-0: m.51, Rubén Castro.
    3-0: m.71, Emaná.
    4-0: m.79, Jorge Molina.
    5-0: m.82, Jorge Molina.

Next 3 weeks matches are as follows for the top 3 teams (classification):

Barca B (4)-BETIS (1)
    Celta (3)-Ponferradina (22)
    Rayo (2)-Las Palmas (17)

BETIS (1)-Numancia (11)
    Las Palmas (17)-Rayo (2)
    Gerona (9)-Celta (3)

Cordoba (15)-BETIS (1)
    Rayo (2)-Gerona (9)
    Celta (3)-Salamanca (19)

Ese Beti Oe!!

21. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Er Glorioso continued their marca verde towards Primera Division with a great 0-3 victory in Barca against Barca B. They are in first place level with Rayo on points with 69. More importantly with Celta only able to draw at home against the bottom dweller Ponferradina, their margin over Celta is now 9 points with only 7 matches (21 points) to go.

0-1, min.41: Rubén Castro (Juanma assist)
    0-2, min.45: Jorge Molina; (Juanma assist)
    0-3, min.65: Iriney.

The Betis line up with subs was as follows:

Casto; Miguel Lopes, Dorado, Roversio, Nacho; Juanma (Israel, min.53), Beñat, Iriney, J.Pereira (J.A.Cañas, min.85); Rubén Castro (Ezequiel, min.75) y Jorge Molina.

Here is the video of the match highlights, the image is not the best but it's better then nothing:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkLgfpoJV9Q"]YouTube - Barcelona B - Betis 0 - 3. wmv[/ame]

Betis is at home next week against Numancia.

Viva Er Beti Libre!!

22. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Bueno Pichi. Hey what was the deal on the last goal??? First Iriney received a pass from a Barca B player :eek: Then the goal celebration :confused: Is there some beef w/ him and the gaffer???

23. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    It looks like he and Mel had a bet for a dinner and after the gaffer told him that he didn't believe that he had what it took to score a goal, so you can imagine what happened after he netted the third goal! Obviously he'll be eating some nice seafood and vino this week thanks to Mel!

Ese Beti Oe!!

24. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    The marcha verde (Green March) towards Primera Division continued today in the Benito Villamarin as Er Glorioso defeated a mid-table Numancia team 4-1 with a hat trick from who else Ruben Castro, a goal from Pereira and the lone Numancia goal scored by Jaio. Second place Rayo plays tomorrow and Celta who until their epic late season dive were in first tied again on the road and now trail Er Glorioso by 11 points with only 18 points left to be played in the season.

Er Glorioso will be on the road in a Andalusian derby against Cordoba next week and they were able to secure about 2500 tickets to the match.

If Celta's dive continues Er Glorioso could be a team in Primera in two or three weeks depending on how they do on the road against Cordoba next week, Tenerife at home then on the road against Tarragona.

Video Highlights will be posted later today.

Ese Beti Oe!!

25. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Re: Real Betis Balompie fans Estan Bueno!!!

Man, that is what I like about Betis. Their fans are freakin' da Bomb. The highlights from the match @ Mini Estadi were incredible. The fans travel freakin' well. I can't wait until I goto my first Betis match. It sucks cause my favorite Betis won't be there (#20), still I will love the atmosphere. I can already tell ;)