Real Betis Balompie 2010-2011 Official Thread (R)

Discussion in 'Andalucia' started by Pichi, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Another year in Segunda and only God or the Judge can save Betis now!

Viva Er Betis Manque Lopera!!

Er Pichi

2. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Latest transfer new for Er Beti for the upcoming season:

Signed:

Jeronimo Figueroa Cabrera "Momo" (Xerez) No transfer fee 3 Year contract
    Jorge Molina (Elche) Transfer fee 1.6M, 4 Year contract

Er Pichi

3. CARLOS1

CARLOS1 Member

Aug 9, 2001
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought I read that Lopera had sold for 20M??

4. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    That is what the rumor mill has been circulating these past 48 hours but nothing has been corroborated by Lopera or the supposed new owner Luis Oliver Albesa who used to own Xerex and the now defunct Cartagonova.

Needless to say the champagne bottles have not yet been pulled from my wine cellar or opened on the rumors, as this will be the third time that Lolo supposedly sold his shares of Betis. Once it is official and documents filed then there will be a hell of a party here at the San Jose Betis Social Club (ie my house) and all Beticos will be invited!!

Viva Er Beti Manque Lopera!

Er Pichi

5. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Signed:

Jeronimo Figueroa Cabrera "Momo" (Xerez) No transfer fee 3 Year contract
    Jorge Molina (Elche) Transfer fee 1.6M, 4 Year contract
    Salva Sevilla (Levante) Transfer fee waived since Levante owed Betis monies from previous transfer of players, 4 Year contract

Transferred or Contract Not Renewed:

Rivas (Expired Contract)
    Capi (Expired Contract)

Er Pichi

6. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So Betis is looking to Sevilla to bring the team together? :D

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. :p

7. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Yeah since you guys are robbing the Betis cantera blind snatching all their young players. :rolleyes:

8. jt787

jt787 New Member

Sep 29, 2006
    Harrisonburg, VA
    I've never heard of "Momo" or "Salva". Are they good players, or fringe players?

Molina is an exceptional player. He terrorized our defence countless times. (but maybe our defence made him look good? :confused:)

Also rumors are saying we are following "Matilla" and "Wellington". Again, never heard of any of those players, but I believe they are both midfielders.

We need some BIG changes in the defence, starting with Arzu and Melli. They are not good enough. Also I would get rid of Pavone, at any cost really. He is just horrible and too lazy.

9. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Rumors and that is what is hitting the streets about now is that sometime tomorrow or Thursday Lolo will finalize the sale of his shares to Luis Oliver who bankrupted Xerez amongst other teams!

Tan jodido enero como febrero!!

I imagine we will know more by Friday if this is another cruel joke by Lolo of going through the motions of selling his shares and pulling the plug at the last moment like he has already done three times. Sort of reminds me of the movie Runaway Bride!!

Lolo Vende y Vete Ya!

Er Pichi

10. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  11. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Well Lolo has press conference today at 1700 hrs to discuss the rumored sale of his Betis shares to Luis Oliver.

Also CSD has received documentation (this is what never occurred in the previous so called sale of his shares) that he has sold his majority of the shares of Betis stock.

http://www.alfinaldelapalmera.com/n...11-csd-ya-recibido-solicitud-venta-betis.html

I guess this is becoming more of a reality but until it's final and legal I will be holding my breath and the party at my house will be delayed! :D

Lolo vende y vete ya!

Viva Er Beti Manque Lopera!!

12. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    I thought the deal was done already.:confused:

13. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    It is done official Lolo is out gone finito!

With a very hoarse voice due to the Spain-Germany game here is my best rendition of my tribute to Lolo:

Bye Bye Lolo, Bye Bye Lolo, Bye Bye Lolo, I'm glad to see you go" and as you leave "don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out"!!

I will comment about the new owner in a later post but don't want to ruin the day!

Viva Er Beti Manque Pierda!! That sounds good it's been 4 plus years since I have said that!!

Ese Beti Oe!!

Er Pichi

14. Fiorentina lives!

May 5, 2004
    Betis not making it back to 1st Division FINALLY humilliated him enough. While the promotion was not achieved, that brought about Lopera's goodbye. Blessing in disguise??

He had to see that he could not go on.

Now, hold on... Oliver's track record is FAR from impressive. We'll see...

15. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    New manager to be named on Monday 12 July.

Viva Er Beti Manque Pierda!

Er Pichi

16. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Luis Oliver already cleaning house. Ivan Larriba the buffoon who was Lopera's main spokesperson on Radio Betis was given the pink or was it green and white slip from Oliver less then 24 hours after the purchase! Obviously more shite from within the bowels of the organization will be shown the door this week! The more the merrier, especially if more then half the locker room is shown the door! :D

17. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    He wasn't humiliated, he was losing money and with many season ticket holders telling the club they were not planning to renew, plus reduction in ticket prices speeded up the sale of the club. 16M euros for 51% of total Betis shares equals ?? That is what everyone is trying to figure out. Also on a good note the Judge has asked the CSD to provide all sale paperwork so that they can use the documentation for the embezzlement charges.

18. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    It's official Pepe Mel an ex-Betico who has coached his way around several 2nd Division teams (see below) was named the new Betis manager. Victor Fernandez's contract was not renewed as he did not want to lower his salary and remain coach.

Club Deportivo Coslada España 1999-2000
    Real Murcia España 2000-2001
    CD Tenerife España 2001-2002
    Getafe Club de Fútbol España 2002-2003
    Deportivo Alavés España 2003-2004
    Polideportivo Ejido España 2004-2006
    Rayo Vallecano España 2007-2010

Here is the news article on Pepe Mel.

http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/mel-club-hay-betico-dejara/dasftb/20100712dasdasftb_39/Tes

19. jt787

jt787 New Member

Sep 29, 2006
    Harrisonburg, VA
    What are your thoughts on Pepe Mel? Does he have any proven track record?

20. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    See URL below: He has never been able to manage a team in Segunda and get them promoted to Primera. When he was in Tenerife (Primera) he was sacked after 26 weeks, the team was relegated later that season. He was sacked at Rayo Vallecano after 25 weeks last season.

He's an ex-Betico and is willing to get paid less then Victor Fernandez and could be the manager who brings back the Ex-Beticos who have a lot to give to the club but under Lopera's rule since they did not like his style were banished by him. There is discussion that Roberto Rios who played for Betis (Spain NT too) and then was sold for to Bilbao may be on this managerial team.

This is going to be a long season but under no pretenses do any of us think that this will be a cakewalk as had been predicted last year by Lolo and his supporters who thought Betis could show up and take home the 3 points. Money is tight, the team will lose most of the higher paid players which is fine with me, but they also need to get rid of the cancer in the locker room too.

I have faith in Luis Oliver for now and think that Pepe Mel may not have been the best coach for this team, but he's willing to get the right folks on his team and if Oliver let's him coach then he will be able to get Er Glorioso promoted Primera Division.

Viva Er Beti Manque Pierda!!

21. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Today's was Lolo's day in the Spanish Courts and after almost 7 hours of testimony in a closed courtroom :( where he had the audacity to accuse the judge of being part of the opposition no word yet on what was said etc. I would imagine more to follow on his testimony and verdict whenever it happens.

One note is that Lolo a man who has no ball or cojones in Spanish showed up 2 hours early to avoid Beticos who wanted to tell him what they thought of him after 18 years of trashing the clubs coffers, image and reputation.

22. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    It was confirmed and is official that Roberto Rios the ex Betis defender will be Pepe Mel's assistant coach this year.

23. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    The preseason begins this Monday at El Portil. The club will remain there until the 24th when they go back to Sevilla to play At Madrid in a friendly on the 24th. The players are off on the 25th and then report back to El Portil on the 26th until the 31st when they head off to Almunhecar to play Malaga in a friendly.

Ese Beti Oe!

24. Fiorentina lives!

May 5, 2004
  25. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    You got most of it right, but he wasn't fined but instead had to put up a bond of 25M euros.

Bottom line is that Lolo is one day closer to being ex-communicated from Real Betis Balompie and in jail!

Good news is that on 20 August at the shareholder meeting the other 48% of the share holders will get to vote on the club president and other motions that in the past Lolo ignored or blew them off as the majority shareholder!

Viva Er Betis Libre!