Re-Doop 2019

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Union' started by Dills, Aug 15, 2018.

1. SoccerNCheesesteaks

Jul 1, 2009
    Hatfield
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You sound like someone I'd like to play poker with. ;)

2. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was so confident my seats would sell. Shocked, to say the least, that they had not.

3. Ruud11

Ruud11 Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    My seats usually sell but I price them at the low end. Was there on Saturday and thought it was one of the best games I have seen there. Also, the interaction between the SOB's and the NYC fans was superb. If they keep on playing like they did on Saturday I will renew.

BTW:
    There were 4 young British boys behind me who seems to have bought their tickets at the box office.

4. breslinp

breslinp Member+

Jan 20, 2010
    Malvern, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After switching seats out of the front row (which always had security guards and FO staff in the way anyway), I have no reason to keep season tickets anymore except for retaining Founding Member status. I don't think that really is anything. I'm debating. I have been able to give away my tickets or sell (near face basically lose the $12 parking). Still I'll prob drop season and buy for cheap on Stub Hub next year for the 7-8 games I want to attend.

It's funny how I re-up every year thinking the FO will solve the small things that make me debate going to games: traffic, concession lines, poorly trained staff), but instead we get parachutes with a $5 gift card falling onto the field and actually less ushers so you have to deal with people in the wrong seats every game. I just don't get it.

5. slitz

slitz Member+

Feb 19, 2005
    Red City, 140
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't understand how people are in the wrong seats, period. I guess if they are the front row ones you mentioned, people may just be squatting. otherwise, it baffles me. look at the damn signs!

buzzkiller23 repped this.
  6. breslinp

breslinp Member+

Jan 20, 2010
    Malvern, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are always off by one section. I mean I understand it's not hard for most people, but at the same time Ushers exist everywhere (except at PPL).

7. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the Union had won last night, I would've immediately re-dooped ... after purchasing my USOC champion swag, of course. Assuming he went to Houston with the rest of the FO, my ticket rep would've come back to a nice surprise waiting for him in his inbox.

Now, I'm really, honestly, truly torn. Do I keep handing over my hard-earned money for a continuation of 10 years of status quo mediocrity? Or do I just go the StubHub route and buy tickets when I need to scratch the TES-itch?

8. Ruud11

Ruud11 Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    same here...;

9. ericlfd

ericlfd Member+

Nov 28, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I'm stubhubbing next year. There's no reason to pay up front. My tipping point is that the are 3 home games I'm missing because they are at the same damn time as Eagles games and that will continue.

Handsome Pete repped this.
  10. lopezzzz

lopezzzz Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I’m not sure their 10th season is when they really get serious about winning...

11. thomas19064

thomas19064 Member+

Apr 29, 2008
    Delco
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Same boat.

I guess I'll see what happens in the playoffs... meh.

12. aztec21bas

aztec21bas BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 24, 2009
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This from a Founding Member (father) of SOB! Sad state of Union affairs. :(

13. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't there an October 4th deadline, though? Maybe that's for some of the prize drawings.

My wife thinks I should keep them, for when the team gets good and tickets are in high demand. To me, "when" is more like a big "if".

buzzkiller23 and aztec21bas repped this.
  14. thomas19064

thomas19064 Member+

Apr 29, 2008
    Delco
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your seat is guaranteed if you renew by the 4th. Something tells me I won't have issues finding a seat if I miss the deadline.

Handsome Pete and Dills repped this.
  15. thomas19064

thomas19064 Member+

Apr 29, 2008
    Delco
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    upload_2018-10-3_10-17-14.jpeg

I’ll be waiting to see if they do anything of note.. getting entered into a drawing I won’t win isn’t worth it.

If they won open cup I probably would have renewed that night or next morning... now.. meh... no rush, I’ll manage to get tickets next year if I decide I want them.

16. buzzkiller23

buzzkiller23 Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Glenolden, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got a similar email. I'm also taking a wait and see approach. I'm not committed to my seats or anything. Open Cup might have done it but I want to see what happens with the playoffs.

thomas19064 repped this.
  17. mattylip

mattylip Member+

Philadelphia Union
    Jul 22, 2011
    Cherry Hill (127, D)
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If your name is Thomas, why does your ticket rep call you Mike??

LiverpoolFanatic repped this.
  18. thomas19064

thomas19064 Member+

Apr 29, 2008
    Delco
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #43 thomas19064, Oct 3, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    Because my name is Mike Thomas... or maybe this is a burner account. You decide.

mattylip repped this.
  19. mattylip

mattylip Member+

Philadelphia Union
    Jul 22, 2011
    Cherry Hill (127, D)
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Makes sense to me. :thumbsup:

20. Ruud11

Ruud11 Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Same here :)

21. breslinp

breslinp Member+

Jan 20, 2010
    Malvern, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My only question is what has improved in 9 years with the game day experience? Tickets, Concessions, Parking have all gone down in quality and up in price. The product on the field has not kept pace with the rest of the league.

The actual value of my season tickets has gone down. I can't even give them away. I'm a Founding Member, but that really is a meaningless title. It has zero benefits (Not even a Blake Bobble-head thrown my way).

I'm actually willing to gamble that even if they improve the team on the field, it will take something more to get people back down there with some consistency if at all. I'll have no problem getting tickets or even good Season Tickets whenever I want to re-up. Is Chicago Fire hard to get tickets? Isn't that a similar city model as the Union? Multiple sport team city. Stadium out of the way. Similar owner. Seats are always empty.

If I can't grab good seats on Stub Hub, I can just buy a corner seat when I need it. Parking is cheaper and closer off-site than Lot C. I'll be fine.

drewuke, thomas19064 and lopezzzz repped this.
  22. jaykoz3

jaykoz3 Member+

Dec 25, 2010
    Conshohocken, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Minor quibble............the parking pass basically equals out to less than $12/game. Which is way better than paying $20.00 at those unofficial lots*.

*you know the ones that charge $20 for open cup games that team charges $0.00 for? Still can't believe that some suckers still go for that "deal."

23. breslinp

breslinp Member+

Jan 20, 2010
    Malvern, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I ignore flag wavers that are on the "road" from the gas station to practice fields that have $10 signs. That's cheaper and closer than Lot C... and safer since I won't have drunk moms yelling at me while I park in an empty spot which they feel entitled is their kids to play cornhole. Lot C was a free for all the last Saturday night match. Complete chaos. It was like late 90's Lot K.

24. jaykoz3

jaykoz3 Member+

Dec 25, 2010
    Conshohocken, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've rarely, if ever had issues in Lot A.

25. Cherry Hill SOB

Cherry Hill SOB Member+

Aug 30, 2012
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Season ticket holder since the beginning and one of the early "in for a Ben ($100)" deposit holders yet I have not gotten any calls, e-mails or texts for about 3 weeks now. Really having a hard time deciding to renew and they are not making any effort whatsoever. Was leaning toward renewal but now...?