Re-Doop 2019

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Union' started by Dills, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Letter to STHs regarding 2019 renewals ... no price increase from 2018 ticket costs.

[​IMG]

2. aztec21bas

aztec21bas BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 24, 2009
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Next week we get the letters detailing the new price structure on our seats reflecting the 2019 price increases... and more expensive parking.

Cherry Hill SOB repped this.
  3. Cherry Hill SOB

Cherry Hill SOB Member+

Aug 30, 2012
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Renewal will still be a $25 service fee, same as 2018...cost of the tickets will go up however. Read the fine print.

4. thomas19064

thomas19064 Member+

Apr 29, 2008
    Delco
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1030078582142459904 is not a valid tweet id

10 Seasons "Strong"

Renewal Email:
    [​IMG]

Dear STH,

Your Philadelphia Union have just qualified for the US Open Cup Final for the 3rd time in 5 years, and are right in the middle of a playoff push in our continued hunt to bring the first trophy in club history back to Talen Energy Stadium. As the Union continue to push on the field, it’s your time to Re-Doop again for 2019!

Next year marks our 10th season and with an exciting young core on the field, as well as a new Sporting Director waiting in the wings to guide the club into the future, it’s an exciting time to be a fan of the Philadelphia Union. On top of that excitement we have some great news for our Season Ticket Members – prices have remained flat from 2018 to 2019! So you will still receive that same great discount on single game tickets, parking, and concessions.

We are also adding an exclusive 10th season T-Shirt for each season ticket member that renews before the deadline on October 4th! So click the link below to access your exclusive renewal portal and Re-Doop for 2019!

The McDermott Letter saying they will not increase ticket prices:

To Philadelphia Union Season Ticket Members,

I wanted to take some time to personally write to you as I found myself reflecting after what was an exciting week for the Union both on and off the pitch.

We’ll be playing in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Final for the third time in five years, a fantastic achievement in its own right, but we know there is still one more match to win. We welcomed Ernst Tanner into the Union family last week, a Sporting Director who perfectly fits our vision to develop stars as well as leverage a worldwide network to identify and bring in the right pieces around them. And, as of last Saturday night, we are tied for fifth in the Eastern Conference, creating an exciting end-of-the-season race to the playoffs.

This week we will be announcing our season ticket membership renewals. I truly thank you for your loyalty and support as 2019 marks our 10th season. There will be no price increases for 2019 season ticket membership renewals. We want to see as many people in Talen Energy Stadium as possible as your presence creates a home field advantage.

The bottom line is every one of our players, coaches and staff believes that we can and will win. We know how much this means to you and how badly you want to win. There is a fire that burns inside of you, and us, to be great. Whether it is the players and coaches or the front office staff, we will not be outworked or outhustled.

I humbly admit that I learn from each of you. I love it when you email or call with ideas and suggestions. As someone from Philadelphia, this team is special to me. The birth of this club is from you, the fans. We get better when you push us. Please keep sharing with us what we can do better and how we can improve your experience. We hope you will continue to join us on this mission!

Go Union!

Tim McDermott
    Chief Business Officer
    Philadelphia Union

Time to do some soul searching.
    At least the 10th season logo looks cool.

5. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I literally made a payment on my 2018 tickets less than a month ago, July 31 to be exact. Seriously cannot even begin to think about blindly dishing out money for the 2019 season at the moment.

[​IMG]

Burke
    Epps - Dockal - Bedoya - Rosenberry
    Trusty - Jones
    Medunjanin - Real - Fontana - McKenzie - Blake​

Why no Sapong, Simpson, Ilsinho, Fabinho, Gaddis, Picault, et al?

6. mattylip

mattylip Member+

Philadelphia Union
    Jul 22, 2011
    Cherry Hill (127, D)
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What does the fine print say? Why will my tickets cost more?

7. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No price increase that I can see.

Based upon may latest payment in July (x12 installments), which includes parking and the $25 processing fee, TM's statement is legit.

8. Cherry Hill SOB

Cherry Hill SOB Member+

Aug 30, 2012
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Should have been read in RED, my bad.

9. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Homophone

10. thomas19064

thomas19064 Member+

Apr 29, 2008
    Delco
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I need to think long and hard about it.... "deadline" is October 4th... no ********ing way I'm making a decision nearly a month before the end of the season. Cool T-shirt or not, it isn't worth it.

On the field the only way I'm renewing without question is if they win Open Cup and a a 2 legged playoff series.

My phone better be ringing off the hook with them trying to retain me, effort has been minimal in the past.

cwelch999 repped this.
  11. slitz

slitz Member+

Feb 19, 2005
    Red City, 140
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    unfortunately I'm in. my kids love it. its relatively cheap entertainment. tailgating is fun.

I know... I'm a sucker and I'm part of the problem. what can I say?

12. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Because they're not homegrowns. 5 of them front and center.
    Burke rather than Sapong surprised me, though.

thomas19064 repped this.
  13. Union42

Union42 Member+

Jul 29, 2013
    Swarthmore, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also interesting:
    - Ernst Tanner is featured, Jimbo is not.
    - Dockal is in there considering his loan will have expired for next year, and I doubt ET has had chance to even think about bringing him back.

Phillyspur and thomas19064 repped this.
  14. drewuke

drewuke Member+

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I like that Ernst is the biggest guy, he's been here a week?

15. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shades of Carlos Valdes being featured in Re-Doop material.

cwelch999, Union42 and thomas19064 repped this.
  16. SoccerNCheesesteaks

Jul 1, 2009
    Hatfield
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the last season for me as a STH. It's not about the win/loss record, or even the fact that they won't pave Lot A. The games are fun, but I don't need to be at all of them anymore. I've come to dread the rush-hour drive down 476 to watch a Wednesday night game, where tailgating consists of shoving a WaWa hoagie and a couple of beers down my throat. I don't want to feel pressured to go to a game when the weather is going to be terrible, or the temperature is below 0, just because "I already paid". I'll still end up coming to a handful of the weekend games in 2019, where I can enjoy a lengthy tailgate, and bail if it looks like a thunderstorm.

Hey, at least my name is on the underside of a chair in 101...

[​IMG]

OwlSaver, ericlfd, thomas19064 and 5 others repped this.
  17. ericlfd

ericlfd Member+

Nov 28, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Not renewing. There is no point to it. The stadium is half full and tickets are plentiful, so what's the benefit? Case in point-7pm Saturday game against NYC and tickets are below face value on StubHub

Attached Files:

thomas19064 repped this.
  18. thomas19064

thomas19064 Member+

Apr 29, 2008
    Delco
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tannenwald going on about this the other day:

The answer is obvious though... the fans can smell the BS. Just because the team is competing for a playoff spot doesn’t mean the team is competitive. The Eagles, Phillies, Flyers and Sixers can sell playoff hype and competition for a playoff spot because fans can realistically buy into the chance that the team can go on a competitive title run and challenge for a championship. The gap for our other teams isn’t so out of wack that the scenario is unthinkable... it is unthinkable with the Union.

Even of the Union make the playoffs there is close to zero confidence that they can put a run together... most fans know there’s no shot in a 2 legged series against Atlanta and the New York teams... even if the union make the playoffs.. hell, even if they make it past the play-in round there is next to no hope for this team. I compared them to the pre-process 8th place sixers. If you know the ultimate result will always be failure why buy in? Being mediocre at best and scraping into the playoffs with no prospects of winning is not enough. Not in Philly at least.

I think if they somehow make the 2 legged portion of the playoffs and win a series they could sway people and convince them to start filling up the place, but I think that is very unlikely.

derek750, buzzkiller23, Dills and 5 others repped this.
  19. Yo-Joe

Yo-Joe Member

Oct 20, 2007
    Montco/Philadelphia, USA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I renewed, I guess because I'm a Union fan who enjoys watching pro soccer live with his sons. Sure, this ownership, coach, and club can drive you crazy, but I'm staying because I'm a Philly soccer fan, and I don't see how dropping my tickets would make my situation better.

20. ericlfd

ericlfd Member+

Nov 28, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Because you can pay as you go and get just as good, if not better, seats for less than face value or free. Nothing to do with being a fan

buzzkiller23 repped this.
  21. Cherry Hill SOB

Cherry Hill SOB Member+

Aug 30, 2012
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    #21 Cherry Hill SOB, Aug 18, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2018
    Couldn't go tonight and actually sold my 2 seats for more than face value. I have good seats and that is the only reason I have kept renewing so far. Not sure yet if that will convince me again though.

Better re-doop now to save your spot. Last three MLS matches at Talen had attendance of 17,594, 19,013 and 17,025.

22. Union42

Union42 Member+

Jul 29, 2013
    Swarthmore, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder how many of the 17,025 were NYC fans?

23. thomas19064

thomas19064 Member+

Apr 29, 2008
    Delco
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There were a lot of them.

Honestly the stadium was pretty jam packed last night. Surprised they didn’t announce a sell out.

24. celt1997

celt1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Philly Burbs
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll probably renew, but it will probably be at a reduced rate.

I always thought my 2 seats in TRE would be with me until I passed them on to my son or daughter when my path here on Earth reaches it end.

However, it has become nearly impossible to get someone to go with me, and even more impossible to try and dump my seats to someone when I can't go.

I may just cut back to 1 seat and move somewhere else, for cheaper than my 2 seats in TRE.

It's really sad to me, since this team has been a major part of my life since I took a chance on a bunch of strangers who were forming a supporter's club nearly 12 years ago. I can't continue to feel like I'm a sucker though.

thomas19064 and cwelch999 repped this.
  25. Cherry Hill SOB

Cherry Hill SOB Member+

Aug 30, 2012
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I keep going back and forth between not wanting to be the sucker that keeps paying for season tickets for a team that is not yet ready to compete versus being the sucker that potentially gave up the year before they finally get good.

cwelch999, jaykoz3, Union42 and 2 others repped this.