Rayo V is considering what to do with OKC franchise

Discussion in 'NASL' started by USRufnex, Jun 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More turf talk less pro/rel talk please.

2. Brother Badgerjohn

Oct 16, 2000
    Okie City
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What began as a figurative turf war is ending in a literal one.

superdave and Elninho repped this.
  3. The One X

The One X Member+

Sep 9, 2014
    Indiana
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Sounds like it comes down to a bunch of miscommunication

4. HailtotheKing

HailtotheKing Member+

San Antonio FC
    United States
    Dec 1, 2008
    TEXAS
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You also happen to have more of a martyr syndrome and inferiority complex than the two of us + the rest of your self proclaimed "anti pro/rel brigade" ... but neither of them is going to get you a cookie either.

Yes Jeffy, you've got the same right as any of us .... to post as you see fit. However, you're the only one bitching about how people are choosing to post. You've also been given a pretty good insight into your posting habits/perceived tone as someone who isn't in your self proclaimed brigade has pointed you out to yourself.

... and look at the attitude/response from you.

Pity.

Oh, and you also didn't bother answering the question I posed to you about how you feel about relegation half the world away destroying a club in the US?

Imagine that.

You did however snipe .... yet you want to call someone else a selective troll.

"belittle, etc etc, some other crap"

The Irish Rover repped this.
  5. JDogindy

JDogindy Member

Nov 20, 2014
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, basically, there's a huge lot of the artificial turf that's supposed to be part of Rayo OKC's field, and it's quite probable they aren't getting it back.

This might have the very slight chance that they may have to forfeit their season if they can't get replacement turf or convert the field to natural grass... which would require a lot of money to truck in sod and grass, which I'm more than certain they don't have the funds to have.

And this team was doing pretty well.

6. FootySkeptic

FootySkeptic Member

Sep 24, 2015
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    It is a shame, they were doing well. Although I don't think not having the NexxField is the nail in the coffin. Jones purchased it against -it would seem- the desire of Presa, to make the field FIFA size compliant. However, this size requirement is not strictly enforced by the USSF; there seem to be more than a few teams playing on narrower fields OKC Energy comes to mind. Whether they sell the Nexxfield, or lose it all together it won't stop them from playing the rest of the season out.

7. Brother Badgerjohn

Oct 16, 2000
    Okie City
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can still play on the original Miller turf, but - having coached and reffed on it before - it's pretty lousy by HS artifical turn standards. You will also be introduced to YHS' football lines.

I still think Jones frees the turf before gametime, but this is just another demonstration of how dysfunctional this club has been over the past 10 months.

The One X repped this.
  8. The One X

The One X Member+

Sep 9, 2014
    Indiana
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    I agree, it sounds like it was Jones who invested in the turf, and when he wasn't getting a response he decided to protect his investment. I can't blame him there. The fact they made this whole internal squabble public is extremely unprofessional of them. This is something that should have been kept in house.

Matthew Johnson, Blando13 and Burr repped this.
  9. Brother Badgerjohn

Oct 16, 2000
    Okie City
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    brentgoulet repped this.
  10. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
  11. Matthew Johnson

Sep 6, 2013
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    This is quite possibly more sad than trading a player for hotel rooms.

12. Sam U El

Sam U El Moderator
    Staff Member

May 31, 2013
    Seoul Korea
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah... Time out.

FootySkeptic repped this.