Rape/Sexual Assault Culture

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by minerva, Jun 4, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    sitruc repped this.
  2. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    WOW !!!

3. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Who's the 'he'? I thought that was a woman?

Isn't that right? She's implying that she was a 'party girl', (as the phrase used to have it), isn't she?

What am I missing?

4. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    No ... allegations.

soccernutter and sitruc repped this.
  5. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Ladies - always be responsible for your pwn conduct

97nIQX0.png

superdave and russ repped this.
  6. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay, gotcha

7. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Conversation I had with my mom a while back, maybe within the last year, about a place she worked at for several years. At some point, the boss began boinking one of her coworkers. It happened that the position opened up, and she got promoted. Not that she was great, but she was capable. But as I was recounting the memory of my mom telling me this back when it was happening, I recalled her doing nothing. I asked her why, and her response was that there was nothing she felt she could have done without jeopardizing her job/career. This was late 1980s/early 1990s. Reading on many personal accounts, and even some research, my mom's experience fits in with the norm, that women were not going to be believed or be considered trouble for saying something.

8. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    My questions would be:
    So?
    Who the f*ck cares?

This has precisely NOTHING to do with whether or not Brett Kavanaugh sexually assaulted and attempted to rape her.

9. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I understand that and yeah, it's obvious a lot of people keep quiet in certain situations as to not jeopardize their livelihood / careers. And I don't blame them. But you can't project that onto every situation. Obviously what Kavanaugh did (or probably did) in College was wrong, but you can't assume he acted that way throughout his professional career later on. Perhaps there are cases with women that never spoke up but perhaps there weren't. But you can't throw him into that bucket unless somebody speaks up.

10. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    That's what I thought: She broke what law? She violated whose dignity? Has she ever claimed to be super-virtuous?

Naughtius Maximus repped this.
  11. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #7462 soccernutter, Sep 30, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
    The problem with that is it suggests a dramatic change in his beliefs. In high school and college, he apparently saw women as some sort of object. Mind, not all women, but when inhibitions were down, that is how he behaved. Once he got to his professional life, he worked against women (H Clinton in particular and his staunch anti-abortion support). Additionally, he has never stated that he might have acted in an "inappropriate" way, or that he was sorry and has worked to make amends in other areas of his life in support of women or women's rights. No, the whole of who he is is somebody who is, generally, anti-woman, and he fits the pattern of many others.

12. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You seem to be describing a situation where two, (presumably, adult), individuals decided to have sex and one gave the other one an advantage in the workplace.

Leaving aside the sexual element, isn't that actually quite common... two people getting in better than two other people?

I'm not sure what the issue is here but maybe I've misunderstood.

13. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Going back to my original statement, which was just explaining Graham's remark which was completely out of context twisting it's meaning, I don't see how any of this is relevant other than pure speculation. I really thought you were going to point me to actual allegations made about him regarding sexual misconduct later in his life.

I don't see how being anti-abortion has anything to do with someone who's capable of committing rape. I wouldn't even simplify it as being anti-women. It's a complex issue. His stance on abortion, is that what you refer as him working against women ? I don't know his history with H. Clinton.

14. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Looks like the vast deep State conspiracy continues...

Attached Files:

sitruc repped this.
  15. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    This one is funny, because it doesn't even look like Mrs. Ford.

Attached Files:

sitruc repped this.
  16. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I'll take Deep Staters 7 days per week over Deep State conspiracy theorists.

raza_rebel repped this.
  17. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm thinking we should start a conspiracy theory, where there's going to be an ELE (extinction level event - you know, a dinosaur killer meteor or the sun is going to go nova or something), and the global elites are going to build a spaceship, an ark if you will, to escape the planet before it becomes uninhabitable. And only the global elitest of the elites will be allowed on the ark - you know, the Jews, of course, and Soros, and the Clintons, and the Rothschilds, and, you know, all those elites. And the location of this ark being built will be leaked to the conspiracy theorists, and it won't be well defended because that would draw too much attention to it, and maybe a few thousand second-amendment-enabled patriots could go and hijack this thing and use it to escape the planet.

And here's the real conspiracy theory - we should ACTUALLY BUILD A ********ING ARK and let them hijack it and leave the planet.

It will be expensive, but totally worth it.

ToMhIlL repped this.
  18. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Wouldn't work. They are good at outrage but as experience shows when they plan demonstrations and the like, you can't get any of them to leave their state.

Dr. Wankler and Smurfquake repped this.
  19. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    "State"? I think you seriously misspelled "basement."

20. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Many of them are from the South. Their homes are built on slabs.

Dr. Wankler repped this.
  21. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Llsten you, DC United plays in the South. But I'll grant that your DC townhouses are not slabs.

22. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    That's why the guy who came up from NC to investigate Pizzagate was so confused. He didn't know what a basement was.

ceezmad, chaski, Dr. Wankler and 2 others repped this.
  23. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Didn't we already try that with Paul Kantner?

24. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    The thing I forgot to mention (because typing on a phone and uploading the file is a pain) is the lady with Bill Clinton is Senator Kirsten Gellibrand (definitely not Dr. Ford).

I'm going to give my friend a week before pointing it out

xtomx repped this.