Rangers 2015 - 2016

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by Pedro's greasy do, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I'm hoping to get up to Ibrox for a game this season.

2. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
  3. FreeRanger

FreeRanger Member

Sep 3, 2015
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I give the credit to Warburton. He is truly above and beyond as a manager than anything I expected us to bring in given our financial situation. Complete breath of fresh air and when he speaks you just want to listen to him.

4. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I do as well. A modern manager.

The worry is with the Sunderland situation it seems there could be a link between Dyche and Sunderland and then Warburton and Burnley. :eek: I don't think he would do it at this stage but he is highly thought of. Reality of Scottish football these days is neither Rangers or Celtic can compete with the money English teams have.

Hopefully these lose their 4th CL place. Just because I'd like to see it happen. :D

FreeRanger repped this.
  5. FreeRanger

FreeRanger Member

Sep 3, 2015
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Some of the unwashed media outlets were speculating on the big club petitioning England, as they want to do every three or four years.

6. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I could not believe the way Livingston went about their business last night. This tackle was in the first 10 seconds.

7. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    That was a bad one but did it continue in that manner? I know it was pretty wet last night which may have impacted somewhat on tackling/challenges on a slippery surface.

8. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    It was pretty bad the entire game. From our point of view it was great to see us keep trying and not rising to it. We eventually got the goal.

I'd say Livingston were the wrong side of 'getting stick in.'

9. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    First time I've watched a game at a Rangers pub in London for a while as well. Good fun!

They had the Rangers game on two of the big screens and the projector. They then had the Arsenal game on two small screens. Some pissed up city boys came in and wanted one of the screens changed to the Arsenal game and they were shut down quickly. They looked a bit shocked when Rangers scored and the cheer went up. :ROFLMAO:

Still some scary looking individuals frequenting it as well. :D

10. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rangers are on Fox Soccer Plus right now at St Mirren.

11. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lee Wallace almost scored for St Mirren. Attempted back pass ended up wide of the post. o_O

GOAL RANGERS HOLT 25' 0-1 :thumbsup:

12. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Craig Whyte has been declared bankrupt. What next? Jail?

13. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
  14. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
  15. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
  16. chungachanga

chungachanga Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Eastern European work conditions in Britain in general are often atrocious, I've heard some horror stories.

I don't know how the Rangers get out of this. Ashley is bad, but I'm not sure if removing him and giving Dave King free reign is any better. Ashley is the only thing that's stopping King right now. It's fascinating to me that King was allowed to lead the club.

Suns owner Sarver seemed like a great option, too bad it didn't happen.

17. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Stopping him from doing what?

18. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

Funny twitter account.

19. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
  20. chungachanga

chungachanga Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Stopping from gaining full control. I seemed to write this down, but I guess I deleted it.

I don't know if King would hurt the Rangers if he had full control, but I wouldn't want to be in Rangers' fans' shoes and have to trust him given his history.

The guy sounds very reasonable, respectable and even sort of nice, when he talks during interviews, but so do confidence tricksters.

The best thing that could've happened to the Rangers was Robert Sarver taking over, too bad that didn't work out.

21. chungachanga

chungachanga Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Rangers bled out of some 300k pounds because of this one case, or so they said in court. Not sure if they'll reclaim that money from Sports Direct now, or if it's lost.

Also, Sports Direct apparently are still going to ask for damages in a separate case. They could've asked for jail time and damages in the same process, instead they decided to split that into two.

It's just looking like Ashley is throwing a bunch of crap at the wall and not necessarily hoping it sticks, just that it bleeds the current board out due to share quantity of cases and legal fees.

22. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    He can't get full control because there is significant fan control now so their is transparency. I think we have a right to be suspicious of anyone involved with Rangers of course but I think he has Rangers best interests at heart. It's pretty clear Ashley is an out and out scumbag and does not have Rangers best interests at heart.

Sarver did not pursue it after two bids so not sure if he was the best option or not. I don't really know enough about him to be honest.

23. chungachanga

chungachanga Member

Dec 12, 2011
    I think it was pretty much hopeless for Sarver, as you need 75 percent vote among shareholders to issue shares for an outsider like Sarver. As we saw in the last AGM, even current leadership with Dave King can't do what Sarver wanted to do, not enough votes.

I think Sarver is just a solid sports owner. He would've made good business decisions and given a proper professional respected face to the organization after all the charlatans and trouble. As Phoenix Suns owner, he's not known as someone who will overspend to win games or to gain popularity, which some fans wouldn't like, but I think that's good for the Rangers. If it's possible to turn Rangers into a sustainable sports business (like e.g. the Celtic today) and rebuild their image, Sarver had the acumen and a ton of experience to do that.

As to King, while on paper there's transparency, I think there's also a ton of populism happening with the Rangers. It just seems that these fan groups are following the current leadership pretty mindlessly and with no questions asked.

Before the previous AGM, fan groups published their internal voting results, and they had 99%+ support for every AGM resolution, including the one that was clearly illegal, and any person with a sense would've known it's illegal and wouldn't have voted for it.

These fan groups just seem pretty mindless and I wouldn't trust them as a watchdog. The only thing that's stopping King and co from passing any resolution they want right now is Ashley and other opposition forces, but the problem is that these guys vote against ANY resolution and decision, regardless of merits. So it's overall a poisonous situation. Almost 75% of shareholders unquestionably in support of King's regime, around 25 against any decision he makes, no middle ground.

Given that Ashley is just being selfish and doesn't care about the Rangers, and given King's history, and given how everything is black and white for pretty much all other Rangers shareholders, full support for one side instead of thinking, I personally would feel uneasy about all of this. I wouldn't want any of these characters next to my team.

Pedro's greasy do repped this.
  24. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    What was the illegal resolution? I missed that.

25. chungachanga

chungachanga Member

Dec 12, 2011
    There was a resolution that would've allowed the board to take voting power from anyone who's involved with another football club, in other words, Ashley's voting power. Majority of shareholders can't decide to take away minority's voting power or some other rights. That resolution didn't get adopted, as Ashley went to court, and the court blocked it.