Rangers 2008 - 2009 thread

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by Burkies Ginger Mop, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Who knows. According to this article it’s 25m +. A far smaller figure than what it was in the past but these are tougher times. Also who knows if the article is accurate. I tend to take everything I read in the papers with a pinch of salt. It will be interesting to see what we do in the transfer window. Celtic as well for that matter.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/scotland/article6361022.ece

2. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

That makes far more sense to me. It's nowhere near 100mill and I'm certain it's been reduced to far less than 40mill.

As for our transfer dealings, I'll hold my wheesht on that until the new manager arrives..

3. The Tartan Hoop

The Tartan Hoop New Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Near Glasgow
    I heard we were making a play for Owen Coyle, but I want Bilic in.

As for Rangers, Think a few new faces would do good. Weir has experience and could be a good coach but I think he will be replaced as well as some new force in midfield. That would do Rangers good competition and back up wise.

I think the Debt was around the 30 Mark or so I read once but Can't be too sure. Could try googling it!

4. KWM81

KWM81 New Member

Jun 12, 2007
    Cologne, Germany
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Champions of Scotland!!!!!

:cool:

and Cup Holders too?

Maurice Edu played a very good Season. Im glad we have him.

5. barack_obampot

barack_obampot BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 28, 2009

Never a truer word said my man :cool: :)

I think Celtic will spend this summer, so I'm hoping for one "big-name" signing, as opposed to the usual squad players for pennies.

6. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Strachan’s inbox…

[​IMG]

7. Paddster

Paddster New Member

Dec 20, 2003
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
  8. WhiteCapArmy

WhiteCapArmy Member

Mar 24, 2009
    vancouver
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    champions league here we come hopefully we wont stumble like last year :(

9. Match-Debater

Match-Debater New Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Following that cup final sham, any Bears that hold much optimism ahead of Walter's next CL sojourn should check themselves in.

10. WhiteCapArmy

WhiteCapArmy Member

Mar 24, 2009
    vancouver
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I hate people like you who look at what happened in Manchester and say Gers fans are bad ect. I blame UEFA for what happened because they were not prepared, what do you think might happen then thousands of supporters of a team congregate in one area something is bound to happen, and a lot of people had left to go home.

11. Match-Debater

Match-Debater New Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Jeez, who mentioned Manchester? Foot in mouth.

Was referring to yesterday's cup final @ Hampden.

12. WhiteCapArmy

WhiteCapArmy Member

Mar 24, 2009
    vancouver
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    opps my bad just miss understood your post saw you talk about cup final and then champions league made a wrong assumption.

13. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    So we’ve a summer to look forward to with all the usual bull sh1t speculation about transfers in the media. I can’t stand this time of year.

Anyway been a pretty good year for us winning the double. However it does not change the fact we’re sh1te. I’d like to see nicer football and a plan put in place to promote the youth players. Someone has to come out and say there’s a 2 – 3 year plan in place to get youth into the team. We’re going to have to be patient but it could be very rewarding!

14. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    The Manchester thing has totally been blown out of proportion and the police decided to make an example of Rangers. I’d love to see an independent enquiry into the organisation of the event. Don’t get me wrong. I’d never defend the idiots that were involved. I hope they are locked up. But I wonder if the same uproar is happening around Barcelona?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/european_football/article6379248.ece

15. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
  16. barack_obampot

barack_obampot BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 28, 2009
    Five Rangers players are in the starting XI for Scotland in the u19s match against England. Future's bright :cool:

17. Paddster

Paddster New Member

Dec 20, 2003
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    my claim to fame... played in the same team as ross perry and john fleck.

now im sitting at a computer watching them playing for scotland. funny.

good on them! mon the scotland!

18. Match-Debater

Match-Debater New Member

Jun 5, 2008
    I know there are many Rangers fans who were in attendance @ that UEFA final who totally dissociate themselves from the sickening scenes witnessed there. Unfortunately, as also experienced in Cataluña, it's a great pity that criminals hellbent on leaving a bad stain on what should otherwise be times of celebration & achievement try to spoil the occasion.

There were actually more arrests in Spain. Acts of vandalism & disruption were a cause of major embarrassment & also very costly. This was noted by football corespondents in Barcelona.

Anyway, this is getting off-topic.

19. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I was there. Apart from the result I had a great time. I was not even aware of any trouble until the next day. The organisation was awful. They simply did not plan for the amount of people that turned up. The way it was handled in the media was awful. I’d actually like to see Charlie Brooker’s opinion on it! Newswipes was great.

20. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
  21. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC