Random Thoughts on Video Games

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by Ringo, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I still don't have her!

So far my roster only includes:
    Hollywood
    Hardtack
    Fortune
    Rama
    Braddock
    Gat

Mind you, I am taking my time with this thing. Haven't done a lot of main quest missions and still have three agent mission to do in this section.

2. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Daisy is a lot of fun!

I do hate the distraction of having to retake Legion outposts that you already conquered for Mayhem, it's becoming a bit of a drag as you progress further into the game.

Still haven't unlocked Scheherazade, BTW.

3. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Okay, so I checked online and it seems that once you unlock Daisy and you get the Doomsday events, you lose an outpost to Legion each time you successfully deal with a Doomsday device. Lame.

4. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I'm no longer bothering with retaking Legion outpost, instead I'm focusing on the main story missions and the agents missions. I've unlocked all of them except for Scheherazade now. Only downside is that I am getting less money in without the Relic locations. But I only need three more agency upgrades. It's slow going though.

5. General Disarray

General Disarray Legendary

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Mach1

Mach1 Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same here, although Destiny 2 has done a lot of that. I usually just skip the Doomsday Weapsons, and just keep the Legion outposts. You get to keep the Relic locations, and I find it clears up the map some so you don't get attacked quite as option. Plus I'm not sure if the Legion secret lairs show up on the map if you don't have the outpost either.

You're also going to need some cash for the Legion tech upgrades as well. The one thing I'm having a real problem with are the connected contracts. They take forever to complete, and the reward you get is nowhere near the amount of time it takes to complete them.

Belgian guy repped this.
  7. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Sounds like you're much ahead of me.

I have only just gotten Scheherazade. And she is a lot of fun!
    Combining her Mayhem ability with the gadget that gives you extra Mayhem for each new kill almost feels like cheating.

8. ellaspy

ellaspy New Member

Arsenal FC
    Mexico
    Sep 4, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Video games are highly addictive, I am more into gore and scary genre like Resident Evil. I am now really stuck with the Biohazard.

9. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  10. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    According to the German PC gaming magazine Gamestar the amount of bugs in the Star Citizen Demo shown at Gamescom was staggering.

Chris Roberts is also no longer naming any release dates and claims the game will never be finished because it will always be expanded like an MMO. Not very subtle.

I pledged 30 Euros on Kickstarter all those years ago. I'd really like to play the finished product sometime soon, but after what I've read I'm not even sure the game is confirmed for 2018.

A slightly bigger Freelancer would have been good enough for me though.

11. Mach1

Mach1 Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I put more money down that that when it was first announced. I've stopped keeping track of it. I'll poke my head in periodically to see what the status is. If Squadron 42 is ever released I'll get excited again.

Kind of a cautionary tale on what happens when you give a visionary a huge budget with no-one to reign them in when the scale gets too massive. He just kept adding in and adding in and adding in.

Bazi repped this.
  12. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Roughly 35 hours into "Agents of Mayhem". I have all of the agents and I have five of them leveled up to 20+20. I have defeated four of the five LEGION Lieutenants. I am now probably halfway through the Ariadne story arc. Attacking Legion Lairs is getting tedious because I have seen every variation of those places five times already. In general that is my main criticism: I love the gameplay and the characters but the level design outside of the main quest missions is too repetitive.

I'm thinking of trying "Divinity: Original Sin 2" after this, since it is getting very good reviews. Anyone who has tried that already?

13. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fortnite's Battle Royale game mode goes up free tomorrow (9/26) on all platforms (no need to buy Fortnite to play this mode). Be interesting to see how it does and if it ends up being enough for console players who haven't been able to play PUBg yet. If it does boy oh boy will Microsoft's weak fall release schedule be even worse.

14. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    All five Lieutenants beat. I am going through my third go-around in global offensive.
    I don't know how many more main quest missions are left but I still haven't leveled even half of my Agents up to 20+20.

15. Mach1

Mach1 Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep, I think you're past me at this point. Haven't completed the last mission in global offensive yet.

16. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    It resets after you attack the base. You can go through it all over again. Then again. I just started on the third go-around. I think you need to be able to go through four times if you want the elite tech for all your Agents?

I have made Daisy almost too powerful. I have the tech that makes her dash cause explosions when she crashes into people using her special ability and the tech that loads up on Mayhem for each crash. So basically I can loop this stuff non-stop, no matter how many enemies I face. It's effective against everyone but turret emplacements.

17. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Golly Cuphead deserves all the praise it is getting.

18. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Finished the main campaign in "Agents of Mayhem".
    Not sure how much more I will play. I only have about half of my agents leveled up to 20+20, but I don't see the point in playing on to do the rest of them, especially since I am already tired of doing the Legion Lairs as it is. I have all of the agents skins and 66 of the 74 weapons skins. I think I have about half of the vehicle skins.

It's a fun game (the gameplay is incredibly well done imho) but they should have spent a bit more time on level design beyond the main missions. After you have done six or seven Legion Lairs, you have more or less seen every possibly variation of the bases. Even the loot boxes are mostly in the same place each time.

I did like the writing and the characters a lot.
    I also caught myself humming to Heart of Steel in my head a few times, so I have probably played this game enough by this point. :ROFLMAO:

Shout-out to Carol from HR!

19. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok Cuphead is the second game where I wish I had a fight stick, time to seriously think about it. Anyone buy a stick for this generation? If so any tips? I am looking for one that would work on all platforms.

General Disarray repped this.
  20. General Disarray

General Disarray Legendary

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    loving Cuphead, but these boss battles...wow...insane

NORML repped this.
  21. Mach1

Mach1 Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The writing in the Saints Row series (aside from the first one) might be the biggest highlight for me. I still laugh at having Jane Austen be the narrator in Saints Row 4.

Belgian guy repped this.
  22. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    So many funny moments in Saints Row 4.
    One underrated one for me was Haddaway's "What is Love" as your soundtrack for your characters escape from the space ship.

Maybe it's because this is the kind of silliness I find especially amusing, but I LOLed so hard on the first playthrough.

Mach1 repped this.
  23. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I've gotten started on "Divinity: Original Sin II".

Damn I forgot how much the hours fly by when you play these kinds of games. :eek:

NORML repped this.
  24. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I have escaped Fort Joy in "Divinity: Original Sin 2".

It's a very pretty game imho. Especially some of the spell animations.
    BTW, is it normal that you only start getting decent armor and weapons towards the end of the first act?

25. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    @Belgian guy

Do you need to play the first game to understand what's going on and enjoy Divinity 2? I only had time for one ultra long rpg back then and chose Pillars of Eternity.