Random Thoughts on Video Games

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by Ringo, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uncharted 4 seems pretty cool so far. Boat attack approaching island, rooftop "escape" from school, fist fight in a prison ... very cutscene heavy, though.

NORML repped this.
  2. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    don't worry soon it will get to be gun battle heavy and you will miss the cut scenes :p

picked up Fortnite, it is an alright minecraft/towerdefense/horde mode game. I think I am still going through the tutorial cause there is a ton of stuff to unlock and figure out in the game. Game is way more fun when you get other players playing the missions with you, fun to get defensive ideas from watching other people build up the fort.

General Disarray repped this.
  3. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jeepers, I realized that after all that I had done, I still didn't see the opening title graphics of the game.

The toy gun action sequence in the attic was pretty hilarious.

Still feeling like we're 80/20 leaning towards the cutscenes. Long talks with Nathan's wife (although playing Crash Bandicoot was a fun surprise), his salvage-diving boss, his brother (Sam), I'm just on chapter 5 (?) now, where Sam is about to break out of prison.

NORML repped this.
  4. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It gets better and better

Great game and series

Looking forward to the next one as Chloe

5. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    THE last AAA video game I bought for full price at release was The Witcher 3 and before that it was Bioshock Infinite. I really don't do it often and never preorder.

I never regretted waiting and plan to continue doing so, but BG&E 2 will probably be an exception.

I really hope an ambitious game like that will be a success. The resources they put into the development appear to be huge and the engine looks simply amazing. Take my money UbiSoft!

6. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Bg and e?

kcscsupporter repped this.
  7. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Beyond Good & Evil 2 from UbiSoft.

Belgian guy and NORML repped this.
  8. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That in-engine gameplay demo has me wondering just what the heck Ubisoft is planning to make

9. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's definitely a huge and very expensive project, perhaps the biggest in UbiSofts history. Not just a small fan service game for the annoying fans of the first part. This is massive and I'm hyped.

Comparisons are hard but looking maybe a mix of Starcitizen and Destiny?

I really hope this succeeds. I haven't played an Assassin's Creed in years and Far Cry 3&4 were merely decent, but this project restores my hope that the people at UbiSoft haven forgotten what making games should be about.

NORML repped this.
  10. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Titanfall 2 has been added to the vault for EA Access and Origin members. I loved the campaign enough I went through it twice, some great moments in the game with fun boss battles. Multiplayer didn't really click for me this time around but still worth giving it a go.

11. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    As as I predicted before, BioWare Montreal is no more

http://www.pcgamer.com/bioware-mont...source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer_pcgamerfb

BioWare Montreal is being merged into EA Motive

By Andy Chalk 3 hours ago

It doesn't sound like there will be layoffs, but the studio that made Mass Effect: Andromeda will be no more.
    [​IMG]

BioWare Montreal was relegated to a "support studio" role back in May, following the tepid reaction to Mass Effect: Andromeda, a reduction in status that saw a number of its employees moved to the also-Montreal-based EA Motive. During a conference call earlier this month, however, EA CFO Blake Jorgensen revealed something deeper was going on when he said that the entire studio had actually been moved into Motive's offices.

"We're building out a new studio in Montreal, as we've told everyone. And we've hired over 100 people into that studio that are brand-new to EA. This is to build the new IP around Jade Raymond's team that she's been building," Jorgensen said. "It's a wonderful new addition to our team. And we brought our BioWare Montreal team into that same facility. So they now all sit in one new studio together."

And if you get the feeling that maintaining two studios in one building isn't a situation that's likely to last—especially when one of them has recently been downgraded to a supporting role—well, you're on to something. EA confirmed in a statement sent to Techraptor that BioWare Montreal is being folded entirely into Motive.

"The teams in EA Worldwide Studios are packed with talent, and more than ever, we’re driving collaboration between studios on key projects. With multiple major projects in development in Montreal, we are merging BioWare Montreal with Motive Studios. This is an ongoing process, but there are many exciting roles and opportunities for everyone on the team," EA said.

"BioWare continues its work on new titles – including the highly-anticipated game, Anthem. What’s coming next for BioWare is very exciting, and we’re thrilled to have Casey Hudson returning to lead the studios in Edmonton and Austin.”

EA Motive, founded by former Assassin's Creed producer Jade Raymond, is currently working on Star Wars Battlefront 2, as well as an untitled Star Wars project being developed in conjunction with Visceral.

12. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is really cool news.

polygonlink

Hopefully EA has righted the ship for their NBA franchise and the game is actually good.

13. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Is anything worth playing out right now?
    I have searched a bit online and only "Agents of Mayhem" intrigues me, mostly because of my love for the "Saints Row" franchise.

14. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's a really good game that deserved better and was harmed by the mediocre first part.

Some voices in gaming claim EA intentionally or negligently killed Titanfall 2's chances to succeed by releasing it alongside Battlefield in a tightly packed and ultra competitive month in the run up to Christmas.

One thing is for sure, the game deserved more spotlight and now chances are the franchise will be buried next to Mass Effect and Dead Space in EAs graveyard.

NORML repped this.
  15. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have you tried out PlayerUknown's Battleground yet? Hands down probably the most popular game out there right now and very well gonna be the popular pick for GOTY for almost all outlets and anyone who has played it.

As for myself I've been just passing time until Destiny 2 comes out. For Honor has been mostly filling that place lately. I enjoy the game but and just getting around to holding my own in mp. Fun idea for a game and not horribly carried out. Also after trying out the Madden 18 story mode I thought I'd give FIFA 17's, that is a very fun campaign. Wish I started out with team lower than the Premier League but oh well.

16. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Finally got round to getting battlefront and enjoying it

Ea really did kill dead space. The third looked so shot I will not try it as the first two were amazing

Thinking about getting evil within on the cheap

17. Mach1

Mach1 Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AoM kind of feels like a hodgepodge of Crackdown and Overwatch to me. It still has the Saints Row humor to it (although even if it is rated M, it's not as adult as Saints Row is in my opinion); but you're the good guys here and you control a bunch of different heroes each with their own powers and weapons. Gameplay is fairly solid but not revolutionary. There's only a very minor multiplayer experience to speak of. Overall I'm enjoying it, but I'm not gonna put it up for any Game of the Year awards; should pass the time until FIFA comes out.

My favorite part might be the little saying the characters have during loading screens.

Belgian guy repped this.
  18. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I just finished Hollow Knight. Really a great and challenging Metroidvania game with easily 20-30h of rewarding playing time in the first playthrough depending. Experts of the genre and control scheme may be able to finish it more quickly.

It's 13.29€ on GoG and received some nice free content upgrades recently.

NORML repped this.
  19. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love the new broadcasting team and set up EA has going for Madden. Playing the Titans last Friday night the broadcast team went into a story about how the club arranged their practice around to watch the solar eclipse.

General Disarray repped this.
  20. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gosh darn-it is Windjammers fun. Is it a mind-blowingly amazing revelation like Rocket League? No. But it is a darn fine game... The remake of Windjammers is out on the PS4.

21. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I'm really enjoying "Agents of Mayhem". It doesn't have the pure freedom of "Saints Row", but it does share the humor and the gameplay is a lot of fun.

Mach1 repped this.
  22. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I only just got Braddock. Damn, it almost feels like cheating to have her on your squad. :D

23. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Madden's Long Shot mode is basically an NFL Telltale game. Well done so far, Tiburon. I actually learned something from playing Longshots after playing this game since forever. XYZ. So obvious!

24. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I am looking forward to "Hob", the new game from Runic (Torchlight 1&2). It's a puzzle and adventure game in the style of the old Zelda games. It's going great to be released later this month.

Quango repped this.
  25. Mach1

Mach1 Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe it's just my playstyle, but I seem to have way more success with some characters more than others. Scheherazade is probably my favorite. She's so fast, and if you get the bonus on her that heals after every kill, most enemies are cut down with ease.