Random Football Discussion

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by La Trucha, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Willsant87

Willsant87 Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Diamanti would've brought in the eurosnob Italians, plus if he's still good enough to captain a team in Serie A he would've been good here.

Hahah before Friday's game the commentators were joking that Essien's mrs wouldn't let him sign he wasn't gonna bring her lol.

How about last night...that was awful, we deserved that & shows what happens when there's so many changes in the roster every year, 38 players have been let go by the Wanderers since last time we beat Sydney FC. See the media not reporting about the record breaking crowd or the game...most reports are about one little fight after the game but with soccer violence headlines.

2. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Diamanti is just not a high profile player. He's not on the same level as the likes of David Villa or Alessandro Del Piero. Sure, he's a good player but that's not what the guest marquee spot is for.

Lloyd Owusu, who now lives in Australia, tried to encourage Essien to come here but that didn't work.

I was shocked to see the Sydney derby result. Good thing I didn't watch the game. Did you go to the game?

3. Willsant87

Willsant87 Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Of course I was there, was good to see such a big attendance for a football game in this country. Did you go to the Melbourne derby? How good was City & Cahill's goal, he certainly shut a lot of people up with that lol. Just on last night, that police presence was ridiculous, looked more like they were gonna invade a small country.

4. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Nah I had something else on last night, but I did attend the Socceroos vs Japan game.

I did get to watch the Melbourne derby though, and even though I'm a Victory supporter I still found the game to be absolutely exciting. Cahill's goal was amazing, and I was also impressed by the other new City signings i.e. Brattan, Brandan, Colazo and Kamau. Fornaroli is in very good company. No Mooy? No worries!

Victory played like rubbish. Berisha and FBK were both totally non-existent. At least Kiwi Messi managed to score, and I'm eager to see more of Sebastian Pasquali. Troisi is injured already :(

5. Willsant87

Willsant87 Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    How bad are the Wanderers so far, there's already calls for Popa's head if he doesn't turn things around quick. I was down in Melbourne for the game against Victory, they were ruthless in front of goal while the Wanderers are toothless lol.

6. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Not as bad as Adelaide which is shocking. Victory has been unconvincing this season, and I haven't been impressed with Berisha or FBK at all. I'm bittersweet that Pasquali has already gone off to Ajax, but I knew it was only a matter of time and he'll be a great Socceroo in the future I reckon.

I didn't go to the Victory vs. WSW game because I had other plans. What's up with Kerem Bulut btw?

PS. You'd be happy to know that La Rocca is officially an Aussie now.

7. Willsant87

Willsant87 Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Funnily enough FBK had a good game against the Wanderers lol. Rumors are that Bulut has been missing training sessions & not informing the club about it & we all know Popovic rules with a iron fist.

I'm not confident in tonight's game against FFA's Melbourne Cahill FC, they could easily put at least 3/4 goals on tonight.

How about the Socceroos, currently 3rd in the group & outplayed by Thailand (which I wasn't surprised about). They could end up having to play off against 4th placed CONCACAF lol.

8. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    FBK loves Melbourne, so he's gonna have to work harder if he wants to stay at Victory. We can't waste foreign spots on mediocre players, plus he's in his mid 30's so...

Funnily enough, City hasn't seemed to gain a lot of new fans if home attendances are anything to go by. Cahill hasn't played all that well since his first game when he scored. I've continued to be impressed by Fornaroli, Kamau, Brattan and Brandan. Colazo has only played one game and has since been recovering from an ear infection. Really want him to come back ASAP.

Socceroos played terribly while Thailand played their hearts out. What I don't understand is why Ange insists on calling up Brad Smith and Robbie Kruse when they aren't getting game time. Aziz Behich and Alex Gersbach should both be given a go instead. Josh Risdon and Craig Goodwin too.

9. Willsant87

Willsant87 Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I'm fully convinced now this season is fixed, FFA wants Tim Cahill FC to win.

10. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Terrible performance from both teams. I hate that Bulut's goal was not counted (hey he's back!). Cahill's goal was awesome though, and perfectly onside of course.

Watching Adelaide vs Perth now. Adelaide needs to get back on the horse.

11. Willsant87

Willsant87 Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Socceroos problem is they still think they can go to third world countries & win at least 4-0. This group of players aren't really that good, they beat up on Bangladesh & the other minnows in the round before & they got talked up as world beaters. Ange seems to have his favorites now which goes against what he first said when he got the job that he'd only pick players who are playing regularly.

Do you think it Australia ends up in the playoff they can beat 4th placed CONCACAF? I honestly think they can't lol.

Hahah I haven't seen the replay only the one at the game with my red & black glasses on & it looked like Fornaroli got a touch which would've put Cahill offside lol.

12. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Truth be told, I'm a bit worried about this squad and our future, since our youth teams haven't qualified for the Olympics or any of the youth World Cups next year. We're still in the WCQ but we need to get our act together, and Ange needs to not play favourites like he is now.

We're the AFC champions, so this is unacceptable.

Yeah at first I thought Fornaroli touched the ball but the replay shows he didn't, therefore Cahill's goal was legal. A nice goal, I might add. Bulut did look offside to me though.

13. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Guys, do you remember that El Salvador 2-1 Australia U-20 World Cup match, and Australia scored that awesome goal? Josh Brilliante who scored that goal had, tonight, scored his first ever career goal in exactly the same fashion.

The El Salvador vs Australia U-20 game to refresh your memories:

14. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    So what were you guys reaction to the Thailand draw?

15. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Go back 7 posts before you and then read from there.

16. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    @Willsant87 @BKR inC I swear David Squires outdoes himself every week! They did my boy Bulut dirty! :ROFLMAO:

[​IMG]

For those of you who don't get the joke, this is what happened last Friday:

17. Willsant87

Willsant87 Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    To be fair on Bulut it was a legit goal called offside, & you can't blame him for the celebration it would've been his 1st goal of the season.

Each week I'm more convinced it's rigged for City to win, 6 yellows for Wellington before Ciry get their 1st when some of the fouls they've done are a lot worse.

Btw see Australia's group at the Confederations Cup? No chance they're getting out of the group stage.

18. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    A-League refs aren't the best. It isn't the first time seeing one make bad decisions.

FFA Cup final is on Wednesday, and I take it you'll be backing Sydney. I'm a Melbournian so I'll be backing City. Sydney have been undefeated so far this season while City has been sloppy at times, but they have the home-field advantage.

I saw. Not happy, Jan. With the way we're playing now and with Ange's selection then we can forget about winning a single game, but fortunately we still have plenty of time to rectify our mistakes.

19. Willsant87

Willsant87 Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    That's true, this season the refereeing has been really bad...the only coaches that haven't been fined for speaking about it are Arnold & Vant Schip (the 2 teams yet to have a bad call against them & have won games through bad refereeing).

Hahah you're laughing if you think I'm gonna cheer on the smurfs, I'll watch the game but I'm not going for anyone. We'll find out tonight who is the FFA'a favorite child lol.

Sad news about the Chapeconese team, & typical bogans here in Australia are tweeting or commenting on facebook articles jokes about it.

20. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Well, City finally got their first trophy tonight, so good on them. Lol at the bad ref call in favour of City at the 90th minute. Cahill's goal was a classic header.

Yeah that was terrible news. We must have very different sort of friends because I haven't seen anyone make jokes about it. I did see people condemning some comedian's tweet where he made a tasteless joke about it.

21. Willsant87

Willsant87 Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Hahah what makes that bad call better is Graham Arnold just last week was quoted saying that the referees are actually good lol. Yeah Cahill FC finally won their 1st trophy & the FFA now has a picture of Cahill holding up the cup that they'll use for all future FFA cup promotions.

What I loved best was Fornaroli's speech at the end.

La Trucha repped this.
  22. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Of course Arnold will say that. At the last Big Blue derby, the ref didn't see Carney touch the ball with his hand before he scored. It should not have been allowed, but it doesn't matter because Victory was playing badly anyway.

Hahaha give that Fornaroli an Aussie citizenship, and then give him an award for Australian of the Year!

23. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  24. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Grimmjow316 and Willsant87 repped this.
  25. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Yeah I posted it shortly after reading it, and before having a full discussion about it with the guys. Not keen anymore, even if it means El Salvador would have a better opportunity to qualify.