Ramon Nunez trialing for Leeds United

Discussion in 'Honduras' started by Kool Herc, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Kool Herc

Kool Herc Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Dallas
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Kool Herc

Kool Herc Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Dallas
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The goals, great strikes!!

[ame="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkoobe_doncaster-1-leeds-2-carling-cup-23-08-2011_sport"]Dailymotion - Doncaster 1 Leeds 2 Carling Cup 23/08/2011 - a Sports et Extrême video@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video@@AMEPARAM@@video[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-vY8_k2hAU"]Doncaster 1-2 Leeds.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

3. Kool Herc

Kool Herc Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Dallas
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. EC2010

EC2010 New Member

Jul 25, 2007
    From my opinion Ramon should be starting due to fact that he is playing great futbol at this time and has earned it. At all times the players producing should be playing. At this momment he is playing better than Max Gradel plus he has some qualities that Gradel does not bring to the pitch. Same thing with Snodgrass great player but ramon at this time is playing better than him.

5. Kool Herc

Kool Herc Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Dallas
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I could see Snodgrass being dropped for Nunez (he's had a slower start to this season until his great performance against Hull and against West Ham last Saturday) but there's no chance that Gradel will be dropped IMO.

Gradel was Leed's player of the year last year scoring 19 goals and is arguably the best player in the Championship. He is a match-winner and can change games with a brief moment of genius.

It looks like Ramon can do the same thing right now, and its a good thing to have too many options, but given their history with Leeds I think Snodgrass and Gradel will start on Saturday against Ipswich Town. Nunez would be the first off the bench, probably coming on for Ross McCormack as the 2nd striker.

I think it is more likely he would replace Ross McCormack as the 2nd striker, then either Gradel or Snodgrass. McCormack has 3 goals already this year though and has formed a good partnership with Andy Keogh so it would be tough to put him on the bench at the moment.

6. EC2010

EC2010 New Member

Jul 25, 2007
    You dont play a player for what he has done in the past, but what they are doing in the present. Gradel up until the West Ham game had not really shown what was of him last season and even then I would rate him a 6 1/2 for that game. When Ramon came in for the last 15 minutes the team looked much better because he was spreading the field something that Gradel cannot do on the pitch due to he depends more on his individualities rather that spreading the field. At the end of the day his 19 goal were meaningless for the TEAM due to they still ended in 7th place on the table, but great for Gradel. Do you think he will repeat what he did last season?A combination of both on the field would be nice if the chemistry is there between them.

7. sheppeyleeds

sheppeyleeds New Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    do u have any songs for him?

one i think would be funny to sing

Ra-ra-ah-ah-ah!
    Ra-man-Ra-man-ma-ah!
    Nu-nez-ooh-la-la!
    IT'S RAMON NUNEZ!
    (Lady GaGa - Bad Romance)

8. Kool Herc

Kool Herc Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Dallas
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The chant I heard was just a simple

NOON-YEZ! NOON-YEZ!

repeated over and over.

9. Kool Herc

Kool Herc Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Dallas
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Max Gradel sold to St. Etienne in Ligue 1 :(

Ramon will get his chance, time for him to step up.

10. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    lol

this is great

11. Kool Herc

Kool Herc Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Dallas
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After selling Max Gradel and upsetting the fan base, Leeds are starting contract negotiations with Ramon before his contract comes close to expiring at the end of this season.