News: Racial Slurs at WCQ?

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by sidspaceman, Sep 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well using his logic the fans that chanted Osama in Mexico weren't Mexican at all. Just because they happened to be at a Mexico vs USMNT match in Mexico doesn't make them Mexican.:rolleyes:

2. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    and the ticos that threw rocks to the mexican bus werent ticos either :D

3. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Of course not Morado.

What would Tico fans be doing at a Costa Rica vs Mexico match in Costa Rica?

4. Mexcellence

Mexcellence Member+

Oct 12, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    LOL U.S fans call their captain Bocanegra W**etb**k cause he's Mexican during games, what makes you think their not going to call a T&T player names.

5. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How many non Mexicans go to matches in Mexico, how many non Costa Ricans go to matches in Costa Rica? Now compare that to the amount of non Americans that attend matches in the US.

Anyways, I'm not familiar with those incidents enough to recall correctly. But how many fans were chanting Osama? Wasn't it the vast majority, or at least a large group? That's different than the few people that seem to have been involved in this incident. If it was a large group of people then it is more likely to contain U.S. supporters, no?

And I don't really know much about the rock throwing at all.

chiquitibum: "your just twisting it and making it more complicated, to your convenience. Yo dont want to admit that your holy legion of fans has a racist in the midst."

I can see this is just you trying to egg me on because I've already admitted that there are racists several times and I never claimed that U.S. fans are "holy". Not that that would mean anything to me because I'm agnostic anyway. Nice try though.

I've made my point several times over and if you all choose to ignore it, that's fine. See you in a different thread.

6. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  7. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
  8. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    This makes no sense. There are plenty of black players on the USA team, why would a USA fan make a racial slur against a Trinidad player? This isn't Spain...

9. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    ...maybe because he/she doesn't like black people...

Doesn't the Spanish team have a black player? How can a Spanish fan do that if they have a black player on the team, it makes no sense!:rolleyes:

10. USAClash

USAClash Member

Feb 9, 1999
    So then you're admitting it could've been a T&T supporter.

Speaking as someone who used to live there........not everyone in T&T is black!!!! It just seems during the course of this thread everyone has been talking as if this is the case. T&T played so sh!tty it's not out of the realm of possibility that people of Indian or even White descent from T&T made the comment.

Doubt it though. It was probably just an outright idiot. Lot's of Eastern Euros in Chicago too, and that seems to be the hotbed of racism in soccer.

OFF TOPIC: If you always have incredibly hot chicks in your avatar on an internet message board, it probably means you don't know too many incredibly hot chicks.

11. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    FYP

12. Mexcellence

Mexcellence Member+

Oct 12, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    [​IMG]

What these guys? :D

13. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    they are probably some minutemen right there

14. Mexcellence

Mexcellence Member+

Oct 12, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I wouldn't be surprised.

15. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    according to eyewitnesses in the last US vs Mexico, a US supporter wearing a jersey shot Mexican supporters after the match.

chants are the least of their problems for the US supporters

16. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    NO! sarcasm....

Does the possibility exist that is wasn't a USNT fan, yes. Likely...fuck no! How can you sit there and try to convince people that the slurs used, were more than likely coming from a non USNT fan. Occam's razor...

If this were done in any other country would you ever question who was doing it. No, and all that try to dispute it are full of it. Just like the Osama chant... Mexico City has a ton of immigrants (in the millions I think), but we all know who did it...classless fans that were Mexican. Logically speaking, the guy who yelled out the slurs was a classless fan (maybe racist, maybe just stupid) who was an American. Both are shameful, and neither side should try to cover it up. You guys sound like politicians...

17. Mexcellence

Mexcellence Member+

Oct 12, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I remember, didn't they start arguing the same thing?, you know, how does anyone know it was a U.S fan?

18. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    they should call this racialgate

19. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Re: 2010 WCQ: Group A: US-T&T-Cub-Gua

Its funny a colombian talking about racism, when the people from bogota i kno are pretty racist against the coastal african descent people. Look at urself before u judge others. Everybody is so envious of America they have to look for little bad things a non representative amount of people do to criticize America.
    Racism is bad and he was American, but then u can say all people from america are racist, but oh wait one of Presidential candidates is African-American. Get ur story straight.
    I for one am an immigrant and man i hate people from latin america talkin shit about the US and then again if they had a chance to come to America they would drop everything and hurry over here. The racism in America compared to racism in the rest of the world is minimum, whoeever did this should be punished but u cant label americans as racist.

20. TallTowerMan

TallTowerMan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

Where does Sid call out a country?

21. USAClash

USAClash Member

Feb 9, 1999

I vehemently reject and strongly disavow any racist comments made by US fans towards T&T players.

22. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    wow.. you are a natural republican.

23. Mexcellence

Mexcellence Member+

Oct 12, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Just because he's from Colombia doesn't mean he's racist because you know some who are. Your being prejudice when you tell him that. Nobody is being envious of America or pointing out the country they are just saying the US fans aren't as nice as they all claim to be.

24. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL

he mentions USMNT, US in it.

25. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Not sure what racist Colombians have to do with US fans shouting racial slurs at Gray. By the way I'm a costeño.