Alert: Ra Don-ci (Radoncic) becomes Korean

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Koreano, Feb 16, 2009.

1. leepui

leepui Member

Jun 28, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    There isnt many Good central Strikers for Huh to choose from
    Why not Park JY, Lee GH and Radonic?
    I dont think JJJ and LDG deserves a place at WC 2010?

2. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

My point is that if someone asks Radoncic, what is your race? He'll say he's Korean. then they're will be a few ignorant ones that will question his statement and say, no no, what is your real race? there'll always be those that won't believe him, but in our lifetime it'll still be that way. what if he becomes a star in Korea, who cares? As long as he embraces our culture enough to represent as his own, then i'll always cheer for him and boo any Korean that plays for Japan, or any other nation. but pretty soon, few generations from now, whether we live to see it or not, there will be by blood, Russians, or by blood Americans (which really isnt a race) say they are Korean, and they won't really have ties to their race in wherever it is they are from by blood. im pretty sure we'll have a rule set up so that KNT can only field 3 not by blood, Koreans on the pitch. as conservative as we are, im pretty sure if there was someone as good as David Villa and wanted to play for Korea, they won't have a problem with that. and lets say Edu (Suwon) wanted to naturalize and play for Korea, would you always care if he wasn't Korean when he's playing in a national team thats 95% Korean? and besides the thing about Radoncic is im pretty sure he could've gotten a call up to become a member of the Montenegro.

5 years is a long time. if you were willing to put 5 years of dedication on something then i applaud you. something other than school. Qatar is only like 1 or 2 years to naturalize. or however amount the minimum it is in FIFA. Qatar Clubs probably offer extra on their contract if they stay long enough and become a Qatari Citizen. as long as Korea doesn't do that and the Korean team is all Korean but a few, I will have no problems.

3. Ganahal

Ganahal New Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    race and citizin is differ. his race Serb, citizin Korea.

blood is thick, its y zanichi hide thier korea blood when lived Japan

I got problem with it and so do lot of Korea. Their word for sold spot on natonal team to foreins whose beter then nativs -- slut.

Korea should win with Korean, not hoars. If thier born Korea fine, but f(ck naturalised play on KNT. Nobody respect "France" WC won becase their African team, every1 knowed French suck azz sport.

except it dont work that way. you cant say just we're gonna take few foreins and boot rest even if their beter, if your gonna let foreins in, then gotta take best players, thats how sport work. better just have rule cant play KNT except your born Korea or Korean blood.

4. KovenDreamer

KovenDreamer Member+

Apr 17, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I agree to an extent. National teams are certainly not a place for mercenaries. There is a difference between immigrants who become Korean citizens because they love Korea and immigrants that just want to play on the highest level of football. I think Radoncic's intentions of naturalizing appear to be more because of a genuine love of being in Korea. He speaks Korean fairly well and has stayed in Korea for a long time. I don't know enough about Mota on a personal level to determine his case.

I wouldn't say it should be a requirement to be born in Korea or have Korean blood. That seems rather prejudice. But I do think that before a foreigner is allowed to play on the NT, he should work a job unrelated to football for at least a year. That would prove his commitment to the country because he'd be in Korea even if he wasn't a football player. In Mota and Radoncic's case, that could just be serving in the military. Does anyone know if those 2 are required to serve?

5. Koreano

Koreano Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Club:
    Seongnam Ilhwa
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Naturalized citizens don't need to serve.

6. KovenDreamer

KovenDreamer Member+

Apr 17, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yeah, but why not make Radoncic and Mota spend a year in Gwangju before they play on the KNT?

7. LDG20

LDG20 Member

Chelsea
    South Korea
    Jul 2, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    What about F4s that aren't on the family register?

8. Koreano

Koreano Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Club:
    Seongnam Ilhwa
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The same applies to them too. Exempted.

9. Koreano

Koreano Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Club:
    Seongnam Ilhwa
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Well that could be a good idea but LOL I don't think they would blend at all. Nor would the players and other soldiers adapt.

Besides, it's a free market, they can do whatever they want in terms of transferring and playing for clubs.