[R] USOC: Crew v FCD :: Pre-Game / In-Game

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by myshap, Jul 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah - we're getting $25 mil for the naming rights to our stadium. How much have you guys gotten for your stadium name?

Oh, zero. I see.

And the helicopter pad? Yeah, that permanent stage is going to allow us to have concerts on a regular basis without tearing up the field. I'm SO upset about having that. :rolleyes:

2. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    Where is the crowd going to be for these concerts? Wouldnt they be on the pitch? Doesnt sound good.

3. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, time for you to stop embarassing yourself with completely ignorant crap like this. You know nothing, and I'm not wasting my time explaining it.

Go back to your empty stadium and your whineyass crybaby team.

4. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think anyone from Dallas has a problem with you guys giving the ref a hard time. Hell, even Clarke agrees with you that the reffing was bad - including the red on Danny and the pk.

I think the problem comes in when you accuse our coach of flipping you guys off (when apparently it didn't happen) and generally getting on our players for responding to you getting on them. I'm sorry, but unless they threatened you with physical violence, if they gave you back what you gave them, good for them. I don't think they have any business starting anything (certainly on the road and after such a poor ref job) but I don't seem to recall anyone saying any Dallas players did that.

So I don't care where you say it - bash our people and we'll tell you what you can do with that opinion.

"Best in the league"? I bet I can find that phrase, with your picture, in the dictionary under the word "puffery." From the Crew fans I know, you can't even keep a reasonable supporters group up and running without it splitting into five factions.

The Inferno has been tall and strong since 1996 - and there has been a plethora of Hispanic supporters groups to go along with them.

As ihearttheburn said, we get being pis$ed. But we've never done anything to make someone feel physically threatened in a mob mentality. We've expressed our opinion rather clearly, pis$ed Hristo Stoitchkov off to the point he had to be restrained by the cops (big surprise there) and made Dema cry, but they never felt physically threatened - we just told them what we thought of them.

Passion is great. Stupid passion isn't.

5. HardestWorkingFan

HardestWorkingFan Piss on the F*re

Oct 29, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    I think it would be more accurate to say that Pizza Hut Park is a concert specific stadium which has the added bonus of a pemanent soccer field which allows you to have soccer matches on a regular basis without tearing up the stage.

6. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have you guys sold the naming rights to the stadium? Or did I miss that?

Oh, and we're the "whineyass crybabies" now? Sure doesn't seem that way with all the crap you guys are pis$ing and moaning about.

7. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At first blush, it sure doesn't. But they are going to use a tarp that is supposed to protect the field. That doesn't sound good either, does it? But they used it at the Cotton Bowl last year and no one even noticed it. It was for an Eric Clapton and friends, all-day concert, so if anything was going to test the tarp's ability to handle a lot of people for a concert, that was it.

So you have two choices - stay in your deluded little world that making cracks about our stadium (A) means anything and has any truth to it and (B) makes you feel better, or wake up and realize that you have every right to be pis$ed about the ref, but it didn't cost you the game. Your players did that.

Your call.

8. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    Thanks for the narky response to a genuine question.

Why dont you go fcuk yourself with a large bargepole?

9. 9 Rush

9 Rush Member

Sep 9, 2004
    C'bus
    Silly me. A helicopter pad or a stand where people could sit and actually watch the game... let's see.

Yes, a helicopter pad every time. Like you're going to get any bands coming out there anyway.

10. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I'm so fvckin sick of this argument cause it has nothing to do with an actual fanbase.

Great the Inferno has 25 people who get drunk on cheap Mexican beer before a game and shout all game. Congrats. And an extra congrats for making up aproximately 10% of the total attendance at a dallas home game. I hope the circle jerk in your carpool home can replace the pat on the back you are expecting to recieve from us.

Get over yourself and realize that a "supporters group" is not the be all end off of fandom. Nobody here gives a ******** about the Inferno, and it's safe to say the owner of your team doesn't either.

11. 9 Rush

9 Rush Member

Sep 9, 2004
    C'bus
    You're right on this point. As I mentioned elsewhere it should never have even gone to extra time.

The helicopter pad's just more interesting. It spoils an otherwise good stadium.

12. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry if I lumped your question in with your Crew-buddies. The first part of the response was a legit response. The second part was for those with an attitude about it all. If that isn't you, then please feel free to ignore it.

13. jairadballerina

jairadballerina Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    C-Town
    If the ref didn't hand out the undeserved red then the whole game changes. It's possible Heydude doesn't go postal and Sutton doesn't have to play RB. Whole different chain of events. Result could have still been the same but the referee wouldn't have had a hand in it.

14. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The whole game changes? Not sure about that. You had your best guys out there for the first 90. We brought on Eddie Johnson and Clarence Goodson and you subbed out Elliott. At that point, I think you guys had shot your wad.

Look at the overall shots and shots on goal folks - you had moments, but it wasn't as if you were dominating the game and then the red and everything goes to hell.

Now the ref wouldn't have had a hand in it, sure (and, again, I'm not arguing the ref didn't F up), but were you guys on your way to winning the game at that point? Or just holding on by your fingernails?

15. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: USOC: Crew v FCD :: Pre-Game

That was HSG's decision, specifically John Wagner's.

The good news is that Wagner hasn't heard the end of it, or so he told me on Sunday at Pizza Hut Park when I brought it up.

16. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    We should have won this game before it went to extra time.

The problem is the midfielders who are supposed to get up and support Cameron do not do it consistently, leaving him outnumbered. Cameron is not the forward you want in this system, he is not mobile enough.

As soon as Dallas got the ball we went to 4-5-1. When we got the ball back, the midfielders were not breaking fast enough to get back to the 3-4-3.

That was the problem.

The whole thing with the ref is what it is. Sure he was bad, but we didnt help ourselves when we had 11 on the pitch against a Dallas B team.

17. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    If it weren't for the construction delays, Dave Matthews would have already had a date scheduled at Pizza Hut Park. Yup...no bands at all.

18. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now who is ignorant? That last part makes me smile 'cause I know different. GE basically watches the game with us and we've gotten basically everything we've asked for - and yes, Hunt was involved in those decisions. Just because he might not care about your supporters groups (maybe because you act like immature idiots that can't get along...?) doesn't mean the same here.

And what of the other HSG team? The Mystics have a great time and would dominate the atmosphere in a SSS.

So maybe I'm thinking it has more to do with you and yours than HSG. Maybe your attitude has something to do with it, hm?

Is a supporters group the only thing? Hell no. Even in Europe and SA, the SGs only make up a portion of the fans.

But they dominate the atmosphere - make it something other than just another sporting event where everyone sits on their hands and listens to the canned music.

And yeah, we only have 25 a game. That's pretty funny, too.

19. 9 Rush

9 Rush Member

Sep 9, 2004
    C'bus
    Well... one band that didn't sschedule due to construction delays amounts to... wait for it.... not very many bands, sadly.

20. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Okay, lets see if you can get this.....there aren't that many multi-purpose venues that schedule more than 5-6 major concerts in an entire year. Of the few weeks since it has been possible to think about scheduling a concert that is the only one that's been discussed. Actually there was another one, but it was a Country act and I'm sure mentioning it will only spur ridicule since you appear to be a closed-minded idiot looking for a reason to slam Texas, FCD, and the fans.

21. Siegen

Siegen New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Boise, Idaho
    Who wants to brag about whoring out your stadium for a few dollars. Best keep that to yourself. It's not like FCD is going to be able to use that money to make the team better.

22. 9 Rush

9 Rush Member

Sep 9, 2004
    C'bus
    Easy there... how could I do that with a straight face when we've got rascal fats!

23. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Right, because Single Entity will around forever and g-d forbid the league itself tries to become more profitable. We should all hang our heads in shame for trying to make soccer look like a viable investment.......for shame, for shame.

24. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Good point.....slam rescinded.

25. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    I hate rascall flatts. I can't believe those c*nts are going to be allowed to play music at Crew Stadium. Life couldn't get any worse.