[R] Madrid v. Manchester is best game this season

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by Bryan Gividen, Apr 9, 2003.

1. eop05

eop05 New Member

Oct 4, 2002
    NJ
    IMO definetely not the best game of the year.

As others have said, Milan vs. Real was much better. I even think that Bayern vs. Depor was better

And I have to disagree with anyone who takes credit away from zidane. I can't stand the guy anymore cause he's so damn good.

oh, and i do think figo's goal was a cross... my reasoning for this is, who doesn't try to cross the ball in that position? Players rarely, if ever try a shot like that, and when you see it close up, it looks like he kicked it for an attempted cross that happened to land in the back of the net. I'm not taking anything away from him though, he had a great game.

2. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I know.... but he quoted me in the original reply.

3. john0

john0 New Member

Apr 10, 2003
    UK
    The cynic inside me says Figo's goal was a fluke, but that's probably becuase I am cynical about Figo in general. It really is no surprise that Utd's defenders were undone like they were, it is not exactly the most experienced defense in Europe. No defense could block this Madrid side out, look at how they took Milan appart. A good attack will always beat a good defense eventually anyway. Man U will need a lot of luck to win 2-0, but who would've thought they'd score 6 at St. James' Park? It is possible, but the sensible money is on Real.

4. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    They took Milan's 2nd team apart after they had already qualified. Bad example.

5. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    Sorry to rip you again but Jawz's right, an example of discipline and defense is what my beloved blaugrana team showed on last saturday's superclasico, now Sir Alex knows how to play Real on wednesday.

6. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    I think Fergie will be looking towards Real Sociedads performance more than Barca's performance.