[R] Crew @ Mid-Michigan Bucks :: Post-Game

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Foosinho, Jul 12, 2006.

1. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    Yes, and his name is Sigi Schmid. Knox usually plays in midfield nowdays but he has played some at center back in the preseason.

2. OU9601

OU9601 Member

Jul 12, 2003
    Lancaster, Ohio

All you're going to do is make them angry. The 'Vasquez Posse' is going to be here any minute...

3. ZipSix

ZipSix BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The group does not have a single opinion on Cameron. Some think he is our best option at forward right now, others don't rate him at all.

4. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He can play anywhere on the field! What a superman!

5. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very true, some people like Cameron, some think he's worthless. Frankly, I think there's quite a few Crew players that seem to fit that description this year: Knox, Gaven, Rozental, Palmer, Moss, Ngwenya, Kamara, Garey, and Ezra. Anyone else? Some people love them, some people hate them.

There's only a few players that seem to be "usually loved" : Mashall, Gonzalez, Thomas, and Retiz (?).

In the "usually hated" column: Leitch?

What column do these guys belong in? : Kotschau, Pierce, Ward

And of course, Grabavoy is in the MIA column.
    Did I forget anyone?

6. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By the way, quarterfinal match-ups were announced today. Here's who the winner of the Crew/DC game will get:

Aug. 23 New York Red Bulls (MLS) at DC United (MLS) RFK Stadium; Washington, D.C. 7:30 p.m. ET
    or Wilmington Hammerheads (USL-2) at DC United (MLS) RFK Stadium; Washington, D.C. 7:30 p.m. ET
    or Columbus Crew (MLS) at Wilmington Hammerheads (USL-2) Legion Sports Complex; Wilmington, N.C. 7:30 p.m. ET
    or New York Red Bulls (MLS) at Columbus Crew (MLS) Columbus Crew Stadium; Columbus, Ohio 7:30 p.m. ET

From one point of view, there's a one-in-four chance of us getting a home game. On the other hand, if we win, we're likely to host, unless the Hammerheads can pull off a big upset. (They beat Dallas back in 2003, but other than that, you have to think the Red Bulls are actually favored to win a game.)

Being optimistic here, whoever wins the Crew/DC game has a good shot at reaching the semifinals.

7. Pathogen

Pathogen Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Like you care.
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No disrespect meant. You keep that hair style and it'll be easy to spot you.

I just found it humorous that you were standing off to the side against the rail away from the gang of four. You looked like you were "kind of" with them, but didn't want to stand too close.

Re: Vasquez. He may have not played well, but at least he played with heart.

Someone also asked about Seb. Yes, he did get three assists on the day. But I thought his touch was somewhat poor and there were several times he just plain coughed up the ball on an errant pass. I wasn't overly impressed.

The play through the midfield was way way too slow. It gave plenty of time for the Bucks to get back and defend.

When the ball was turned over, the Bucks transitioned very quickly. It caught the Crew offguard several times. Like I said, the Crew were somewhat lucky not to go into halftime down a goal.

This was my first chance at seeing the Crew live this season and it was easy to see why they've been struggling. Their speed of play is seriously lacking. DC would have chewed them to bits last night.

8. Brook

Brook BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 13, 2001
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Froggy's new pants-- You Bastard! Introduce yourself, eh?!
    Chelsey-- Your comments on the 30 shirt are totally off. I agree with Path and Dave Brull that he stepped up and was at least vocal. Gaven, you're right on about.

9. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps I was a bit rough on the 30 shirt. (heh) But how many times was he in the center of the pitch, not marking anyone? ANYONE? During the first half, on our side, I heard Ward voice a few things to Eric. And during the second Becerra did not seem all too happy with him.

To me he looked lost out there. Small fish, you know?

But everyone's got their own opinion, so here's to disagreement.

10. RoleModel83

RoleModel83 Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. Dave Brull

Dave Brull Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Mayfield Hts, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Pictures from Rochester Hills, MI

Geez, let me know that I being photographed next time and I'll give my "Blue Steel" 3/4 look.

Instead, it looks like I am gleefully crapping on the person behind me.

12. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Haha.. too funny. I laughed hard. But only after your comment and not when I first looked at the photo. Relax. ;)

That match has gotta go down in history as the first time Tim Ward had a fanclub on the sidelines.

And hey lastly, guys, next time I've had a couple at the tailgate, don't let me near the players. Good Lord. "Ohhh Becerra, can I have your jersey?" rub rub rub. :D

13. eboe

eboe Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 23, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

we always yell TIMMAH! at ward, but I don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing in his mind, lol...

Oh and Chels, remember what you were trying to live down in the Hard Core thread? Not going a long way to help your case there! :p