Question for the Colombians.

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by BakedAlaskan, Jun 18, 2003.

1. BakedAlaskan

BakedAlaskan Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Ancho-RAGE,Alaska
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw a Colombian player dominate Toulon a few years ago.His name is Montono(sp?)and I know he played/plays for Parma.What the Hell happened to him?He was very entertaining to watch.

Thanks.

PEACE

2. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I heard of a Montaño, maybe you mean him?
    but I have no idea what happened to him,
    ill see if I can dig up some info.

3. chibchab

chibchab Member

Jul 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jhonier MOntanio was at Parma for two seasons and still belongs to that organization. He saw some first team action for League and Italian Cup games. If I remember correctly, it was the 99-00' and 00'-01' seasons. He was loaned to another Serie club team Verona. He ended up their because at Verona coach Melasanie had coached Montanio at Parma. He didn't have a great year that season 01'-02', he began as a starter and was relageted to coming off the substitutes bench.

This past season he was loaned to another Serie A club, Perugia, I think. Jhonnier did something very imprudent though this winter break. He went to Colombia on holiday and returned several days tardy without notifying the club. Perugia were some pissed they returned the player to Parma. I'm not up-to-date as to his current status.

I think Maturana, the Nats coach, was considering calling him up this summer but not sure how that is going. He's still a real young kid, about 21.

4. BakedAlaskan

BakedAlaskan Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Ancho-RAGE,Alaska
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah,he should be young.He was only 16 when he was making everyone else look foolish at Toulon.I hope he gets his game back to where it was.Success at so young of an age can ruin anyone.

Thanks .

PEACE

5. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    he plays on loan with la sampdoria (I believe they will move up to seria A this comming season)

his cousing, is victor Montaño, now with the team
    in toulon (plays for santafe de Bogota)

6. Martin Cutler

Martin Cutler New Member

Sep 30, 2002
    San Diego
    chibchab is correct, Montaño was playing on loan from Parma with Perugia this past season. He was named to Colombia's U-20 team for the U-20 World Cup before that event was postponed due to the Iraq War (although he did not play for Colombia in either the U-20 qualifying or this most recent Toulon tournament.

Montaño's rights are still retained by Parma and it will be interesting to see what they'll do with him next fall.

7. chibchab

chibchab Member

Jul 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That describes Jorge Bolanio more than Jhonnier.

8. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    more info on Montaño- HELLAS VERONA

Nombres y apellidos: Johnnier Montaño
    Fecha de nacimiento: 14 de enero de 1983
    Lugar de nacimiento: Cali, Colombia
    Equipos: A.C. Parma (Italia) y Hellas Verona (Italia)
    Posición: Delantero
    Estatura: 1.74 mts
    Peso: 73 kilos
    [​IMG]

9. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    [​IMG]

we must pay a lot of attention to these 3players

Ivan R - will not be around vs japan, but Jose mera will go with MVP of last game: MARIO YEPEZ!

EULALIO WILL REPLACE becerra, for double yellow card suspension....

question: one more yellow card, will prevent players to play next game?

10. nedy

nedy New Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Jersey City, NJ
    Que Le pasa a Colombia

Estuve en el juego contra Eslovakia y sinceramente estoy muy decepcionada en la calidad de futbol que se jugo ayer. Preciado parecia un retardado mental. No daba pie con bola.

Sera que el no tener un buen delantero va a ser siempre nuestra maldicion. O talvez es nada mas y nada menos que la retrograda desicion de implementar a Maturana como technico. Un tipo al que todavia no le entra an lamente el fijarse en esta necesidad que tiene el equipo de un buen delatero.

11. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    bienvenida paisana! Nedy, tenemos los comentarios del partido y de la seleccion de maturana en la primera pagina del foro CONMebol

visitenos por alla, otros que fueron al partido dejaron su comentario

come back often!

12. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    chowder, Luis44, nedy, sidspac, galaxyfan and pitufina

did you see this question?

what you think?

13. Chowderhead

Chowderhead Member

Aug 3, 1999
    Central Falls, RI
    He's another precocious but somewhat wayward Colombian talent. efernandez, how many promising players have never fully developed because they seem more committed to Maturana's "fantasy" football than becoming well-rounded professionals? I just hope that he becomes a groomed player without losing "lo salsero".

And I also hope to never hear of him involved in a Medellin or Cali nightclub incident.

I still have that tape from Copa America 99; what a wild game that was with Argentina.

14. AtNacional

AtNacional Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Washington DC
    indeed it was. he played like a god in that game.

btw
    a question for the alaskans.

WTF is there to do in Alaska???

15. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    WHAT IS MOST worry some for you:

ronaldo, Roberto carlos or free kicks? for next sunday.....

our biggest advantage: the defense/keeper or being in barranquilla with 70k totally support?

16. efren95

efren95 Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Republic of Texas

If our Colombian brothers leave aside their proverbial apathy, inferiority complex --in that respect we Mexicans suffer the same syndrome-- and play up to their potential, they can beat Brazil.

Brazil is not the fearsome team of yesteryear. Now they can play like any other good team.

Go ahead, Colombian, and crush some of the Brazilian petulancy...

17. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think the "inferiority complex" dosen't affect players like Oscar Cordoba, Ivan Ramiro, Mario Yepes, Juan Pablo Angel, and Aristizabal. who all have played against some of them, other with them. But I think its players that have recently left Colombia for Argentina or Mexico will have a hard time getting over this. Hopefully they will get over it, and play a good game. I'm so hoping for a win. Hopefully we will not start with those awfull 0 - 0s Colombia is so used to...

18. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    I just think that efern95 is out of it in both concepts he has on the brazilean team and the colombian attitute.

that, if any, was part of the past.

19. efren95

efren95 Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Republic of Texas

My dear friend: It's a fact that Brazil still plays with the arrogance of a team trying to teach the rest of the world how to play soccer.

And Colombia --I'm sad to say it-- will always cringe when the going gets tough. Just remember '94.

At critical moments, the insecurity, inferiority complex and lack of ambition kills the incredible potential of the Colombian brothers.

Don't feel bad. Our Mexican players suffer the same syndrome and to top it all behave like primadonnas and cheap vedettes, overpaid and spoiled to the brink.

20. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    no way jose!

the bracas are plain and simple better players with more international experience. In every position, with a larger pool of elements to choose from.

wc94, was press inflated team, not an attitude problem.

Cringe.... no in many yrs before brazil or argentina, who does not respect those 2?

21. Chowderhead

Chowderhead Member

Aug 3, 1999
    Central Falls, RI
    'ueno. I still say that "Señales de Humo" is a great album.

Brazil is a great team. Technically a marvel and clutch.

But I do agree with those who suggest that very few have the guts to stand up to them.

Colombia, Mexico and even the States could be more successful with un poco mas de berraquera. Not machismo but berraquerra. Don't overplay against them but challenge them.

For all of their technical virtuosity, they can be had.

"Busco..."

Nos vemos el domingo, pues.

22. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    quien tiene dudas de esto?

El PAISA El paisa no se emborracha: se echa los chorros El paisa no saluda: dice que hubo parce El paisa no es lindo: es pinta El paisa no se corta el pelo: se motila El paisa no tiene amigos: tiene parceros El paisa no se cae: se liza
    El paisa no espia: chismosea El paisa no se rie: se burla El paisa no se enamora: se enchimba
    El paisa no convence: habla myerda El paisa no besuquea: chupa El paisa no acaricia: hace cosquillitas El paisa no molesta: jode El paisa no se ba??a: se da un duchazo El paisa no llena su estomago: se mete una melona
    El paisa no tiene hambre: tiene filo El paisa no es prepotente: es picao El paisa no se molesta: se enoja
    El paisa no te golpea: te casca El paisa no te ordena: te manda El paisa no tiene amantes: tiene pollas
    El paisa no fracasa: se jode El paisa no sale corriendo: sale emputao El paisa no se sube: se trepa
    El paisa no rumbea: se enfarra El paisa no sale: se va de vuelton El paisa no tiene padres: tiene cuchos El paisa no pide una fumada: pide un plon El paisa no es mujeriego: es perro El paisa no es virgen: es cachucho
    El paisa no sale de viaje: se va de paseo El paisa no carga armas: carga el toteEl paisa no tiene casa: tiene rancho El paisa no tiene golpes de suerte: es chepero
    El paisa no llega: cae El paisa no tiene plata: tiene las lucas Para el paisa no es feo: es ma??e Las viejas no son perras: son grillas Un paisa no es maleducado: es una bandera El paisa no regaña: echa cantaleta
    El paisa no dice mujeres y hombres: dice viejas y manes El paisa no toma siestas: echa un sue??ito Al paisa no le da resaca: le da guayabo El paisa no r??e hasta mas no poder: se caga de la risa El paisa no se va: se abre del parche El paisa no es infiel: saca cachos Al paisa no le es dif??cil: se le pone agria la cosa El paisa no va r??pido: se va en bombas El paisa no es canson: es una teta El paisa no te da besos: te da los picos El paisa no entra en acci??n: arma un bonche El paisa no es listo: es un aragan El paisa no pide que lo lleven: pide un empujoncito El paisa no hace algo mal: se la caga El paisa no juega: da un cotejo El paisa no es un tipo alegre: es un bacan El paisa no es un tipo bueno: es un buena gente El paisa no goza: echa caja El paisa no es un tipo tremendo: es un putas

El paisa no hace algo muy bien: se sobra El paisa no es bueno: es un teso Para el paisa no hay mujeres bonitas: hay mamacitas Para el paisa no hay cosas buenas: hay cosas chimbas Para el paisa no hay cosas malas: hay cosas peyes
    El paisa no es cualquier cosa: es PAISA Pa'que veas pues!!!

23. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    "Para el paisa no hay mujeres bonitas: hay mamacitas "

24. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    que es una VOLADORA?