Question about Neutral Friendlies

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by ZeekLTK, Feb 7, 2007.

1. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I played in a friendly cup match tonight, so we did it at a neutral venue. We decided to do it in a ML stadium to get as many fans (aka money) as possible. Well, we used G Goon's, which is in Ohio. My opponent was from Ohio as well. I thought that it didn't matter where the stadium was, as long as it wasn't his or yours then it would be a completely neutral match.

However, we got this message at the beginning of the match:

Clear skies welcomed the 2686 spectators who had made their way to The Hunting Grounds. Although the formal home team was Vikings, the spectators were of course much preferring Mayhem.

Did that have any affect on the game (aka midfield ratings)? Mayhem was my opponent....

MatchID: 111375003

2. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    interesting. never seen that before but it looks like he got the midfield advantage. maybe try 'ask a hattrick' if you want to know for sure.

3. Kermmy803

Kermmy803 Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Denton County, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IIRC, CrewDust had this once before when playing at a neutral venue for the BS Cup. Coincidence that it was also played at G's Goon's place as well. :eek:

God I remember stuff that is just inconsequential as hell sometimes. I need to shake this trait. :rolleyes:

As far as their being a MF advantage, I have no clue.

4. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think either team gets a mid field boost. I do remember that statement about a team being prefered.