QF2: A2 v B1

Discussion in 'Africa' started by kwame_tdot, Jan 19, 2010.

1. kwame_tdot

kwame_tdot Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Saturday 24 January, 2010

Algeria (A2) v Cote d'Ivoire (B1)

Cabinda

2030 Local Time
    1430 EST

2. ghost101

ghost101 Member

Jul 5, 2009
    London
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Kalou!

I really to like the shape of this IC side.

edit:

Beginning of second half now with Algeria having equalised in the previous half.

I think I will have to retract my statement from before. Someone really needs to get IC working as a team.

3. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Algeria v Egypt semifinal.... here we come!

4. Maruti

Maruti New Member

May 14, 2006
    Lol! That was the funniest foul I have seen in a while... Algerian fell over and kept holding on to the opponents shorts :) Toure still managed to pull the Algerian a good couple of metres.

5. Maruti

Maruti New Member

May 14, 2006
    The 11 players of Algieria and the linesman put the North Africans into the semifinal!

6. TheOranje

TheOranje New Member

Jun 23, 2004
    You sound very bitter my friend, even the Ivorian forums I frequent have admitted that their side did not deserve to win the match. That offside was definitely a blown call but who's to say the Ivorians would win in penalties? Don't take away from the Algerian performance on the basis of a linesman's ineptitude.

7. ALGmoeCFC

ALGmoeCFC New Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    VERY BITTER COMMENT. I can count at least 3 times the Algerian players were wrongly called offside during the game. These things even out. You win some and you lose some. Algeria dominated Ivory Coast in the game in every department, check the stats. It was a deserved hard fought victory, and tough luck to Ivory Coast. This goes to all those people who have doubted this team. It is a win win situation for me, considering I'm an Algerian and a Chelsea fan. Tough luck Drogba, but we need you back haha

8. Palacas

Palacas Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    pls someone explain what happened with the offsides call I missed it

9. Maruti

Maruti New Member

May 14, 2006
    ORANGE: The Algerian were the better side on the day (albeit not by as much as some people say - going up front CI looked good) and CI defending was dismal.

But the fact is: Algeria scored 3 goals. Cote d'Ivoire scored 3 goals.

Who would have advanced on penalties? I have no idea. But a fact is a fact. It should have gone down to penalties.

There was one bad call against Algeria and one bad call against Cote d'Ivoire during the game. None of these decisions however mattered as they did not create a clear goal chance. This DOES NOT EVEN OUT.

Really: You deserve to progress, as you really were the better side. But that does not change the fact I have a very bitter taste in my mouth after Chaouchi performances and the 'offside' goal. Fact is this should have gone to penalties, even though Algeria deserved to win the game.

10. Maruti

Maruti New Member

May 14, 2006
    Kolo Toure was clearly onside when played in by Keita (who is the MOTM in my books). Kolo Toure scored the goal. It was the 121 min.

No one as you can see is disputing that this was a bad call.

11. ALGmoeCFC

ALGmoeCFC New Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yes it was a bad call. The Flag was raised before Kolo even shot! (Check replays). Refereeing was poor. There were at least 3 Algerian players that were wrongly called offside that could have resulted in a goal. MOM without a doubt was Karim Matmour, Borussia Monchegladbech winger!

12. Maruti

Maruti New Member

May 14, 2006
    Matmour definitely the best on the Algerian side.
    But Keita in the 35 minutes on field set up a one-on-one for Gervinho, scored a spectacular goal and assisted on Kolo Toure's 'offside' goal.

As to bad calls: Cote d'Ivoire had one bad offside call in regular time (a Gervinho run). Algeria had one bad call go against them for offside (in the penalty area), but the Ivorian defender had already defended the ball, so even if it was onside it wouldn't result to anything. Other bad decisions: A clear Drogba penalty in the 15 minute or a foul against Algeria in the Cote d'Ivoire, while it was Bamba pushing...

Summarizing: None of the other offside calls influenced the game. They were not made in any meaningful situations (especially those made against Algeria).

Refereeing was in general poor in this game (by the linesmen, the field ref was good apart from the bad penalty call for the foul on Drogba - but lets be honest... Drogba has history of diving so its no surprise the ref was hesitant to award a penalty).

13. MarocFAN

MarocFAN Member

May 18, 2006
    Morocco/Germany
    The refeering was realy bad but CIV had much more luck than algeria. The match could have ended 6-3 if the algerians used their chances.
    The Algerians deserved the win.

@ALGmoeCFC mabrouk!
    inshaallah djibouha m3a masr:D

14. ALGmoeCFC

ALGmoeCFC New Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Allah yesalmek. Inshallah le3kouba l'Ausood AlAtlas l'Ma3ribi. Its such a shame that we don't see such talents like Marouan Chamakh (In my opinion the best African and Arab player).

15. Maruti

Maruti New Member

May 14, 2006
    No one is disputing that the Algerians played the better game. That said the Algerians were not hard done by refereeing decisions. Cote d'Ivoire was.

16. ALGmoeCFC

ALGmoeCFC New Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    You need to chill bro with the bitterness, we get it! Sheesh

17. 7ACMILAN7

7ACMILAN7 New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    algeries
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Algeria
    mabrouk 3lina
    inchalah comme d'habitude avec lmasria f demi final et aprés c'est la coupe

18. Maruti

Maruti New Member

May 14, 2006
    Bitterness?
    Man. I'm not bitter.
    I do however find you just a bit too touchy if anyone criticizes anything to do with Algeria. Like after the pathetic Angola-Algeria match and the way they progressed to the quarters.

If anyone its you who needs to chill. Your guys won the game so rejoice. Why do you need to be so defensive about it? Algeria played the better game. Everyone accepts that. Cote d'Ivoire should have had an equaliser in added time. Everyone accepts that.

So what's the issue? We agree.

(Hope we don't get an Algerian/Egypt semi... it will be brutal).

19. ALGmoeCFC

ALGmoeCFC New Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    You need to check yourself. Since the tournament started all you do is criticize Algeria. Someone has to keep your bitterness in check buddy. This win is for you and people like you, those who have doubted this team, those who have written it off, those who called the qualification to the World Cup luck, those who said Algeria is the worst team that will be representing Africa in the world cup! Bitterness is not going to get you anywhere bro :rolleyes: Adios!

Alhamudillah

20. Maruti

Maruti New Member

May 14, 2006
    ALGmoeCFC: You need to check yourself. Since the tournament started all you do is attack anyone that says anything concerning Algeria. Someone has to keep your bitterness in check buddy.

Plus you have a rampant imagination...
    Me? People like me? That doubted the team? Dude, your delusional :D I see that in your bitterness you are trying to find an enemy.... Well... I'm not one of your enemies :D
    If you really must look at my history of posts (ie. check out the World Cup thread with the Algerian team). I never doubted the team, because I don't know shit about it. I know your first goalie is great and that Ziani was tremendous in France. Apart from that you are an unknown to me. I still however stated that underestimating the team at the World Cup is stupid (please see my comments after you got thrashed by Malawi on the World Cup thread).

The most I've seen of you guys so far, was the three pathetic games you played in the group phase (which lets face it were pathetic for one reason or another).

If you come to your senses feel free to take your comment back. I'll forgive you :D

Bitterness is only making you delusional and attacking people at random.

BTW: Just to spice it up. I do however know that Algeria won in Zambia thanks to some tremendous help from the referee (I actually thought that your federation must have bribed the guy...) and I know that Zambia outplayed you in both qualifying matches. To you benefit you did manage to get the 6 points (mainly thanks to dismal finishing by the Zambians and some beneficial refereeing). That said Egypt had an even better ref for their qualifying game in Zambia.

1 person likes this.
  21. ALGmoeCFC

ALGmoeCFC New Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING BITTERNESS, especially there at the end. Its always the referee isn't it. You're full of BS excuses haha. You have clearly showed what I'm talking about. I rest my case. May your lying twisted sick ways be cured, Amen. We agree to disagree.

Adios my friend :rolleyes:

22. Desert_Fox

Desert_Fox New Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Go Algeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeria woohoo:)

23. ALGmoeCFC

ALGmoeCFC New Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Alhamdullilah... ONE TWO THREE, VIVA L'ALGERIE....THIS GOES TO ALL THE HATERS OUT THERE!

24. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I watched the game on 'Eurosport' and was really surprised to see Algeria totally dominating the top favs from Ivory Coast after 30 minutes. I knew that they are one of Africa's best teams right now ... but seriously didn't expect them to dominate Drogba & Co. . Kudos!!

They were surely very lucky with that last-minute referee decision (how blind can a linesman be?), but cleary deserved the win in my eyes! Especially, when coming back after conceding a sensational last-minute goal. If they didn't win this game, they'd have had to blame themselves after so much dominance & after missing so many top chances (Matmour when it was 1:1 and plenties of other opportunities in extra-time)...

Congrats to Algeria on qualifying for the semi-final and good luck for the next game (hopefully another interesting "derby" against Egypt:)!

Btw: My BMG player Karim Matmour didn't only score a wonderful goal but was also "man of the match" in my eyes. That guy must really have a horse lung...;)