QF #2 Peru vs Colombia June 17th [R]

Discussion in 'Copa América Centenario 2016' started by sidspaceman, Jun 12, 2016.

1. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Deportivo Independiente Miraflores
    Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Honestly, I think we've done our job here. Would love to win but with Ruidiaz going to Monarcas, Flores linked with Club America and Gallese linked with Racing, all these players are going to clubs that play at a good standard and will get playing time.

Of course I'm mixed on this because I'm an Universitario fan. I have no problems with Ruidiaz going (thank Rengifo for that) Flores will be a tough one to get over though.

2. KesOne

KesOne BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Done our job? You quitting already?
    [emoji3]

Pipiolo repped this.
  3. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I guess it depends on what you're trying to say by saying this then. Because when you have a different team with people that have never even played at this level its expected that they are "very irregular" they've have played very well imo considering the circumstances. I don't find it a big deal because I expected this I suppose, the lack of experience is showing when we're in the lead. We need to learn how to handle games better but I don't expect people like Sebastian Perez, Daniel Torres, Gustavo Cuellar or Marlos Moreno to just know this right now and be able to execute it in the same way that the previous team had been doing it.

i'm happy with this "very irregular" team as you say, its not perfect but i think its pretty decent. How many games have they played together so far? like 4/5 games?

4. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Im happy with the team too, but that doesnt change the fact that the team is very irregular, the only thing that fix that is time...
    This is just to prove my original point, that I dont know whar Colombia might show up next game, thats why we are not super favorites as some in this forum think

5. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I also don't get why the team is apparently "irregular" - Colombia has a very good squad but it's not like you guys are Brazil 70. A team like Uruguay can thump Colombia in Montevideo simply because they are capable of playing better than you, more so at home. It has nothing to do with consistency, it's merely a regression to the mean quality of the side.

6. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Once again you are just looking at one game and not the whole picture... I already stated all the games with the specifics... last qualifiers we were more regular, we just changed important players in the team like Zuniga Armero Aguilar and incorporated a few new... is just a matter of time, but we are not there yet thats why we got ups and downs...
    Thats all im saying, we might come with a bad game for the next one, which is perfectly normal because we still trying to adapt.

7. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    we are the favorites because we have the results, we have the players and because of our form in the past few years. I don't get how this is news or surprising.

Being "very irregular" gave us 6 points in the past two WCQ games against a team that was undefeated and against a team that everyone struggles with away from home, as well as 6 points this tournament.

based on what we've seen I think its clear what we'll see, Colombia will go all out from the beginning and if everything goes well and we score early then we'll once again let the opposing team have the initiative. I think the real question here is how exactly will we handle that and how are Peru going to react to that.

8. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    you keep balantly ignornig the simple facts...

One thing is beating Bolivia and another whole different thing, is being up by 2 goals and screw up the game and win in the 90th min... if we fast foward the time against Paraguay, we were beating them confortably and what happened?
    Thats being irregular, I seen very high plays in this team and very lows. I dont know which one is going to show up on friday; thats all Im saying...
    Those games are my proof

9. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    i've acknowleged "the facts" many times. I've said many times now that whats happening is we're trying to manage the game while we're in the lead but the players haven't quite figured out how to do that properly yet. Yes, I know that we were up against Bolivia and then gave away the lead, Yes I know that we were ahead against Paraguay and gave away the goal and nearly gave away the game.

And all im saying is being irregular hasn't really mattered yet.

will it happen again? who knows. I'm assuming Pekerman has noticed this by now and is figuring out ways to tap in to the players concentration (particularly the DM's). Carlos Sanchez was absolute quality in the disaster of a game that was the Costa Rica game. I'm hoping he'll start instead of Perez because I don't think we should risk another result by leaving Perez and hoping he'll be up for it.

10. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Con perez en la cancha dentro de eliminatorias y copa América solo hemos recibido los dos goles de Costa Rica y uno de Bolivia ...no sé qué tan culpable de "perder partidos " él es...

Arriesgar el partido es poner a Sánchez que siempre juega de tercer central , perder conexión de la defensa con el mediocampo....quedarnos sin nuestra arma principal que es usar cómodos a nuestros jugadores ofensivos ....todo gracias , a que el " equipo es súper frago y tiene que salir a defenderse contra Perú

Antes de putear tanto a perez , por qué no miran los partidos antes de el .,.lo mal que estábamos jugando , en medio campo especialmente con el balón , me recuerda cuando critican a pekerman , que no se acordaban lo mal que jugábamos antes

11. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    have to agree with Pepino on that last note. Seba offers link up play. I can understand your point about Seba being off his game. However, Pekerman seems to have tried an alternative, with Celis but Celis is underperforming. So when you have to pick between these two, Pekerman must see more attributes in keeping Seba on that line-up. Our MF lines of Cardona and Cuadrado are also responsible to help support that link up play and are asked to help defensively. This is not all about what our DFM are not doing.

No one is denying Sanchez is the 'rock' in DFM but with him we lose that link up play and he can slow down the game a bit on counters. He can also be caught pretty flat footed on 1 v 1 situations. I wouldn't be shocked to see Pekerman have Seba play along Sanchez but Torres has been incredibly reliable and has been proven to work well with Seba.

pepinointer repped this.
  12. Flipmode2000

Flipmode2000 Member

Feb 28, 2012
    USA -Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I might be over confident but other than Guerrero and Cueva there’s nobody else in Peru that can make a huge difference. I was more concerned when they had Farfan and Advincula playing. I really feel that this Colombia hasn’t played a complete game yet and they haven’t really had the need until second gear. I’m aware than in Copa America Peru owns Colombia but we aren’t the same weak minded team we were. I see this as a convincing 2-0 Victory.

13. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Not impressed by Flores? Gallese? El mudo Rodriguez?

At least Cueva is getting the recognition he deserves.

14. Flipmode2000

Flipmode2000 Member

Feb 28, 2012
    USA -Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Just my own personal opinion... Cuevas and Yotun have stood out for me. I can't recall anyone else on this team showing me anything great..... I mean Andy Polo really ? That guy couldn't make it to the starting 11 of Millonarios and we had nooooooobody... I was in shock he was called up to play for Peru. I'm more scared of Pizarro at 40 if he was was playing tomorrow lol

15. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Gallese and El Mudo were huge against Brazil. Those 2 made a huge difference.

Flores has an assist and a goal. On paper, he's done more than Cueva and Guerrero, although I think Cueva has been better overall

Yotun will be missing the match luckily for you. Which means either Balbin or Vilchez are starting in midfield. I may have criticized Vilchez a lot but when you compare the match he had to Balbin against Brazil, Vilchez is the obvious choice against Colombia playing alonside Tapia.

16. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Probably the same thing Brazil thought.

calixtoj repped this.
  17. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #142 pepinointer, Jun 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
    gallese is great

I ve noticed that Flores have had a good récord with The nt but being able to make assists with nt and good performances doesnt convert you in a top player

Ib this moment Cueva is a top player

18. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Just saw the edit, Andy Polo is in form at the moment. That's why he was called up. Not playing extraordinary football for Peru but he's doing well.

If you're more scared of Pizarro, then you're probably scared of ants.

Flipmode2000 repped this.
  19. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Exactly what I've been saying the past few weeks. Cueva is Peru's best player, over Farfan, over Guerrero, over Pizarro and over Vargas at this moment.

Flores isn't a top player but those stats, including in the friendlies prior to the tournament should be enough to strike fear.

20. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    so you think that peru is better than Brasil ?

Is football all can happen , but Brasil and colombian roster in theory have better players ..

The one that should take more precaucionts is Perú ...isnt a secret

21. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Absolutely not. But would you rather be the better team and lose, or the worst team and win? [emoji3]

22. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Win !!

SiempreCrema repped this.
  23. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I relation mudo ? Are you afraid of zapata ? Dont think so

Are you afraid of Marlos Moreno ?

In 4 matches with nt he have 3 assists and one Goal ....

I think that you dont think that he is at the same level as james , Cardona ...

He have a good récord , Just it,,..but i think that You arent afraid .... Same feeling about flores

Actually in peruvian forum , people said that cuadrado and a lot of colombian good rated players are bad or over rated ...

So , you cant ask all world , how they have to rate your players

24. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru

Damm, stop editing so much. But to answer you I feel Colombia has more to lose if they lose. Peru is continuing to surprise

pepinointer repped this.
  25. BlueDamian

BlueDamian Member+

Jun 7, 2005
    In the shade
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #150 BlueDamian, Jun 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
    Yep, and was very impressed by Gallese in particular.
    What an improvement over that Penny dude.