QF #2 Peru vs Colombia June 17th [R]

Discussion in 'Copa América Centenario 2016' started by sidspaceman, Jun 12, 2016.

1. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I just think it is a bit weird nobody is giving reasons as to why Peru will win.
    And it is not just fans or people around here.
    The Fox Sports analyst Stuart Holden picked Peru to win. Did not give any reason whatsoever.
    It is strange.

2. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Deportivo Independiente Miraflores
    Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    If you want to hear my reason as to why I think Peru will win

Most of it is my optimism

However the reason I think we'll win is because of mentalities. Colombia has a good mentality but when it comes to knockout cups, Peru has one of the best if not the best. We're rivaled by Uruguay, and Paraguay. Argentina is more down to their quality although they also have that.

We of course, have the edge in record in the Copa America. Different to overall since the game is played on a neutral venue.

Lastly, James is not at 100%, so that could always affect Colombia. Of course though they have the depth to replace him if something happens.

Keep in mind if my reasons aren't the best, its because I'm feeling really optimistic, but those are my opinions as to why I think we will win.

pepinointer repped this.
  3. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Yup. And it is good to be optimistic and feel that your team can win. And as I said I will agree with anyone who says they can.
    But saying they will? Takes a bit of convincing.

4. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I wouldn't say we will beat them. I just think we can.

I agree that's a bit of a bold prediction.

pepinointer repped this.
  5. johnblue123

johnblue123 Member

Jun 2, 2014
    I think Karma will bite Peru in the butt. This should be a quality hard fought game. Peru can win this game but I don't think it will. Doesn't have enough finishers. Peru barely beat a horrid Haiti team. Colombia by 2.

6. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    James is not at 100%? he's been playing pretty damn good for someone who's not at full form then. Also this team is nothing like the one in 2011 and definitely not even remotely close to the old bolillo/leonel etc teams.

I really don't think Peru have played that well honestly, im not really that impressed by what i've seen from them. Against Ecuador you did ok in the first 20 minutes and then once Ecuador turned it on it all fell apart, Brazil never really tried and even then they should have won with all those chances that they had, once the handball went in Brazil just gave up. Oh yeah and Peru barely even beat Haiti and I think they even nearly equalized at the very end.

Peru look the same as always imo.

if Colombia play with the starting 11 and remain focused then it should be a fairly comfortable win.

HomietheClown repped this.
  7. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Con lo irregular que esta Colombia, no me sorprenderia que Peru le gane a Colombia

8. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    colombia-haiti......was very similar to the line up that was used agaisnt panama

elviejomen repped this.
  9. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yo no se esa obsesión por exigirle a los demas que colombia debe ser mas favorito...........al reves eso siempre a jugado a nuestro favor

10. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Porque Colombia tiene unos picos muy altos, el primer tiempo frente a Paraguay, pero de igual forma tiene unos muy bajos el 2ndo tiempo contra Paraguay... Aqui estan asegurando qur van a ganar por mas de 2 goles

11. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yes but that happened because we were trying to "manejar el partido" just let them have the ball keep them at bay but the dm's relaxed a bit too much and let them take too much control, its all a matter of mentality and I think that's because of Sebastian Perez's lack of experience still. I'm hoping we'll play Torres with Carlos Sanchez again to level that out. Which is why I said above if we can concentrate and not fool around for the entire game it should indeed be a comfortable win.

12. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    James has not been at 100%, doctor even said he shouldn't play. I was impressed with him against Paraguay though. Should teach Ronaldo lessons who's been in the same condition in the 2014 World Cup and didn't perform to his max.

We've been good except we're losing the midfield very often. I blame that on Vilchez. Yotun should start but he's picked up too many yellows and will be missing this one, so I can't see any difference in the midfield battle for this one. Colombia should win in that department.

We've mostly been good attacking. Cueva and Flores have been our best attacking players. Then you have Guerrero, who doesn't necessarily play well but shows up when he needs to as he showed against Haiti.

13. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I think Colombia has yet to play their best game. That is a good sign and should be encouraging for Cafetero fans. If they play their best game as we all know they are capable of not too many teams left can beat them.

14. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You said thar if Colombia remained focused... good luck being focused the 90 mins... that just dont happen.
    My impression is that you guys are making this to be "a walk in the park" plus there is a big amount of evidence that shows Colombia's irregularity.

To come saying "if Colombia focus.." you are stating something that Colombia havent shown regularly... Colombia focus yeah, but not the whole 90 mins...

15. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    what big evidence? it was one game... if we play at a high level we should be fine. Against the US we never really left first gear because the US were horrible, against Paraguay it was in the second half for reasons I explained above and the third game was a completely different team so its not comparable

16. johnblue123

johnblue123 Member

Jun 2, 2014
    [​IMG]

I will say this much about Colombia. They have the best "talent" off the field. If this competition was about the hottest fans, Colombia would win gold.:rolleyes:

jay luis repped this.
  17. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    You just proved his own point with that.

18. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If you guys loose the midfield often I see the situation very ugly for Peru, and this is comming from somebody who is defending you guys as you can see in my posts.

19. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Big evidence that we are irregular. Neither you or me can expect what Colombia is going to come in the field.
    Because I seen some really high lvl of play and some low, is not just one game but multiples

20. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    we already talked about that ages ago, the US never did anything at all against us so we scored the two goals and let them take the initiative (which they never took). We never played badly that game, we did just enough. So no I did not prove anything he said.

21. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I'm not too concerned. I take Noboa over any of Colombia's midfielders and we already took care of him.

22. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    what big evidence? you haven't told me anything. No one can expect anything from anyone every game is different that's obvious. But I still don't know what big evidence your talking about.

23. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Colombia wins this one for me.

kromekote repped this.
  24. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Calm down. You're the clear favourites for this match, however based on Copa America history, it wouldn't be surprising if we get a result. You also have to consider the gap between the best and worst in South America. Its competitive.

Pipiolo repped this.
  25. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    i'm calm, I just don't get why people say stuff and then don't give a reason why. It doesn't make sense. I guess I should read everything people say and take it as fact then