QF 2 Argentina v Uruguay [R]

Discussion in 'Copa América Centenario 2016' started by sidspaceman, Jul 13, 2011.

1. nopalnation

nopalnation Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    San Diego CA
    Club:
    CA Monarcas Morelia
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

It's not.. doping, hookers, and what not.. I share your pain..:(

2. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Maradona to Grondona:

"Julio, tell my how my ass tastes" :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nXmw3c-Q1E"]‪Kobe, Tell me how my ass taste‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

3. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHl9l2KgmWk"]‪Maradona "Que la chupen y sigan chupando "‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

4. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    He's doing very well with Lazio, too. I'd say he's becoming a Top 10 keeper already.

5. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If it`s one team that goes down in pile of flaming poop every men`s tournament is Argentina!... I have so many dissapointments at this point I can only look back and laugh at it. :)

Better than throwing a chair at my $500.00 monitor when Batista comes on. :p

6. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    D10S sólo hay uno.

7. Omar_98

Omar_98 New Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Luis "La Nutria" Suarez solo sirve para pedir tarjetas. Nada mas.

8. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Who knew that the players of `86 would be a curse as coaches.

9. supaeagles

supaeagles Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  10. supaeagles

supaeagles Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    What was the point of Batista taking a team for preparation to Nigeria, Poland etc etc before the tournament ??? He took mostly players that werent even selected for the copa america squad.

If he isnt sacked tonight, I wont be surprised. Either way the people who run AFA are jokers..
    I am loving it though. :D:D

11. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    you can tell batishita didn't watch Tevez at man city... Tevez missed something like 4 penalties last year. Congrats to Uruguay, currently the best South american side, Semi-final in the last World cup and now semi-final in the Copa America.

12. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    lmfao!! good point. You want a bigger laugh, read the stuff they`re saying in the Argentine forums.. Talk about deluded. ;)

13. supaeagles

supaeagles Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I was surprised with the crowd reaction after uruguay won.. the argentines were clapping the argentine players. WTF ? I expected a retaliation more like when river plate was relegated few weeks ago and there was a big chaos inside the stadium. I dont suport violence but the incident I just saw on tv were rather astonishing..You have to give credit where its due. Uruguay played their hearts out.. Muslera was class

14. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    :rolleyes: That only happens in club football. Rarely at the NT level.

15. Omar_98

Omar_98 New Member

Jul 16, 2007
    I have to disagree with this. I think Chile are playing much better than them and have been the better team this tournament. Uruguay almost always steps their game up against us and they didn't impress tonight. They showed heart and will in this game (and it got them the W), but it won't be enough for them when they face a team that can put the ball in the back of the net. They're just no that good technically.

16. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    What are Uruguayans made of, that they seem to get pleasure out of defeating opponents in the most painful way in front of their own fans? This dates back to the Maracanazo in 1950, and seems to be a tradition for them.

17. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Si querés ver rabia, andá a ver lo que la gente está escribiendo en Cancha Llena.

18. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    July 16th was also the day they won the title from Brazil. Go figure. Uruguay is Uruguay, we knew this would be a tough game and it was. Our boys fell asleep in the 2nd half and we paid for it. When you have that many chances and the ball does not go in, your lose. It is plain and simple. Colombia had their chances today and they also lost.

19. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    los nudos en el estomago recien esta empezando a aflojarse

completamente extenuado

URUGUAY NOMA!

pa los contra

Peruanos nos vemos el martes

solo 2 dias de descanso despues de estas guerras de hoy?

que gane el mejor

20. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    what's the date today?

check it out

21. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The biggest standing ovation I have ever witness was when we cheered the Colombian team when they beat us 5-0 back in 94.. All that violence is at club level.

22. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I like the attractive way Chile plays football but that does not justified them being better. and Chile always cracks when they play Brasil..always.. Uruguay proved that they are currently the best side in s.a with the performance they had in the last wc..

23. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    Why wouldn't they clap?
    I didnt see any argentine players giving up, they played their hearts out also.
    This is a "clasico", a "derby", and it can go either way every time, and this time it went Uruguay's way.
    Argentines know that losing to Uruguay on penalty kicks is no dishonor, as it wouldn't be if it happened the other way.
    We hate each other in the field of play, but there is a lot of respect there, because we're made of the same stuff, and wouldn't want it any other way.
    This rivalry goes back a long time.
    It's an honor for us to play them.

24. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000
    I'm thinking that if Bielsa hadn't just signed with Athletic most Argentinian media types would be begging him to replace Batista

25. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    You're referring to Gabriel Milito.