Pzpn

Discussion in 'Poland' started by marek, Sep 29, 2008.

1. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
  2. JebanyHuj

JebanyHuj New Member

Mar 24, 2008
    If I had a guarantee that this fixes PZPN forever I would gladly sacrifice a year without Europe for Polish teams and the World Cup in SA.

3. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Fifa and Uefa have refused to recognise the administrator appointed by the Polish government to run the country's Football Association.
    Poland's sports ministry suspended the board of their FA (PZPN) for failing to address corruption issues.
    But Fifa and Uefa have a policy of rejecting government interference.
    Poland are scheduled to co-host the European Championship in 2012 with Ukraine.
    "Fifa and Uefa will now start joint consultation to decide the measures to be taken," a statement said.
    The statement said further action would be considered when the Fifa executive committee meets in Zurich on 23-24 October, with Uefa's emergency panel due to meet around the same time.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7644595.stm

this pissing contest has got to stop

this is not the first time that we're on the verge of suspension

if it takes being thrown out of the WC to fix this then lets get it over with now and move on!

4. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Does this bs have to occur every time we start a qualification campaign. Would be nice if they cleaned house once and for all, preferably during non competition time. Unfortunately it is very likely this will end the same way it always has, lot of talking, posturing and what have you, and then in the end folding and status quo.
    On a side note if we do skip the matches with Czechs and Slovaks might as well field a whole new NT with a look to the future from then on cause except for the standard "mathematically we are still in line", we will be very much out of it.

5. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Well lot of noise, lot of posturing, and in the end it looks like we are essentially back to square one, and so we don't fix the future so we can play in the present.

6. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    crap

i didn't care if we got thrown out of the WC (provided some real changes were made in the PZPN) but giving up the EC2012 would have been hard to take

oh,well... lets do this again after the WC and before the EU2012 when its too late to change the hosts

7. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Looking forward to revisiting this in Spring of 2012 :D

Though I'm sure this "show" will be back by popular demand a couple more times before 2012.

8. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
  9. Hannibal100

Hannibal100 New Member

Oct 12, 2008
    This wheeling and dealing was intended to place Zbigniew Boniek on the chair of the president of Polish association. Luckily, this attempt failed. I prefer old guys from PZPN to this red fox :D

10. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
  11. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
  12. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    I suspect little will change... but we'll see how thing go from now on.
    Hopefully they do in fact give Leo more time, because despite some hiccups he is putting together a solid team.

13. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
  14. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Its good to know PZPN is dedicated to producing a top notch bureaucracy. In the even of a bureaucrat WC we should have a quite competitive squad of well trained incompetents.
    Now if we could only start a corrupt pencil pusher association that would spend most of its budget on youth soccer teams, and training of coaches, instead of producing administrators, we'd be set.

15. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
  16. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
  17. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    I agree as well.

I would also like to add that when I see or hear the word działacz I suddenly feel ill. They have to close this commie remnant and start over.