PWNT by a Lacross Coach - forced Vacations for Lavolpe (R)

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Various Styles, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    It is now that i truly question the proceso. The way the MNT lost against the Yanks is unaceptable, noob mistakes, especially after having played against the likes of Arg and Brazil. The only positive about the defeat is that with the club's directives meeting this tuesday we can have a new coach and federation president.. If that happens Rafael Marquez has all ready threaten to quit the nat team. IMO our best player but if he wants to quit because Lavolpe gets sacked, then i wish him well.. .

Que seas feliz, feliz, feliz,
    Es todo lo que pido
    En nuestra despedida;
    No pudo ser,
    Después de haberte amado tanto,
    Por todas esas cosas
    Tan absurdas de la vida.

Siempre podrás contar conmigo,
    No importa donde estés,
    Al fin que ya lo ves,
    Quedamos como amigos,
    Y en vez de despedirnos
    Con reproches y con llanto,
    Yo que te quise tanto,
    Quiero que seas feliz, feliz, feliz

2. PUMA Auriazul

PUMA Auriazul New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    New Mexico
    I just finished reading all that about Marquez too, If he wants to go he can leave but I want Lavolpe and De Latorre OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool song BTW.

3. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003

I doubt he will be fired on tuesday, will not happen. VS, why dont you also comment on the disgrace that is Maza Rodriguez. A player you have supported in the past and who you said has some promise on El Tri. The man is and forever will be garbage.

4. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I think he had a brilliant first half.. in the first goal, the player that headed it in didnt score, the guy that scored it beat a few other defenders to that ball, not Maza's fault.. The whole tRi is too blame for this defeat, not just Maza.. .

5. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003
    Maza was beat, like he always gets beat. How could you not blame him for that goal? Cmon, its ridiculous. Yes the team played bad and yes they are all to blame but that goal was all Maza Rodriguez. He had a good first half (not even close to brilliant) but he blew it and this always happens. He is a liability to this team, he cannot be trusted, when LaVolpe goes, he will be the first player to go with him. Thank God

6. Necaxista

Necaxista New Member

Oct 23, 2004
    Cuernavaca
    Club:
    Club Necaxa
    Nat'l Team:
    Namibia
    Hes too akward and slo, es un tronco. Even huiqui could play better than this guy. I was surprised beasley didn't school him more.

7. kehl

kehl Member

Feb 28, 2005
    Kamogawa BG
    Yeah, bye Rafa! I'll always treasure the good times, dumb fouls and your red cards in my memory.

Ok but now, seriously, Lavolpe will not get fired. Whether we like it or not.

8. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    yeah and what about Borgetti, Zinha,Davino, Torrado and Oswaldo?

I don't know how you point out the personal mistakes the players had last night and then blame Lavolpe for it :confused:

9. kehl

kehl Member

Feb 28, 2005
    Kamogawa BG
    It's not new, the coach always has to carry the burden of being blamed for everything that happens with his team, always everywhere, all the time.

If you ask me, it's everyone's fault, players and coach are to blame for the good or bad results, it's just easiar to blame it all on Lavolpe because.. well, you know why.

10. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    La volpe is toblame he's the one that sets up these stupid formations as he calls testing! Otherwise Torrado,Marquez and Morales can all play their normal way and postition!

11. FGarcia1

FGarcia1 New Member

Jul 25, 2003
    Santa Barbara, CA
    I'm not big on the administrative activities on the FMF, but doesn't it seem to you all terribly improbable that Lavolpe will be fired?

LMvCP said it many times before: he has nothing to show for the past 3 years but one success (2003 Gold Cup). He had several tournaments to compete in, some of which he promised a victory (Olympics), and he's failed to attain any convincing victories (despite a great Confeds. Cup showing by Mexico).

So why would he be ousted now? Why not two years ago?

12. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    exactly brother exactly!

13. amanzo81

amanzo81 Member

Apr 30, 2003
    home
    Club:
    Club América

Well, he is responsible for calling those players up in the first place and insisting that they are the best that mexico has to offer at their respective positions. He has refused to try out other players that are younger and equally good if not better to give then national team experience. Lavolpe is also the one who tells them where to play out on the field and how (attack, defend, hide in a hole).

14. dmike

dmike Member

Jul 7, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maza had no business defending Gooch in the first place in that FK. The guy is a twig, that should of been a man covered by El Capitan Marquez or maybe even Borgetti. Infact if you look at the replay he was guarding Gooch and Landon coming in from the post. I taught Maza was decent with Salcido so I don't know why you guys are on him so much.
    As I pointed out before the US just knows Mexico top to bottom just like Mexico knows us top to bottom. We know each other strenghts and weaknesses. First game was controlled by Mexico but 2 terrible errors decided the game. Vice versa in Game 2 terrible marking in the FK by Mexi defenders and letting Beas run wild was your demised. Its just some of those games that comes down to simple execution.

15. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    The U.S. player that headed it in (Beating Maza) did not score the goal, the ball bounced from the post where another US player, reacted faster than the other Mexican players, scored the goal. It is unfair to blame the loss on Maza, or place that much blame on him. The whole team disapointed in the second half.

Most of the people talking bad about Maza are Americanistas (Rival club) so everytime they look for an escape goat they point at Maza.

16. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    really?...so now Oswaldo, Kikin, Borgetti , Torrado are not some of the best Mexican players?..

i doubt Lavolpe told Zinha, Kikin and Morales to disappear from the field did he?

17. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    It's funny how Lavolpe keeps shooting himself in the foot. Everytime he makes his promises the Mexican nat team ends up looking ridiculous. The first time was before Athens (Olympics) when he claimed he would leave the MNT if they didnt bring home a medal, team didnt even make it out of the group stage. Then he claimed for Copa America that they were going to make it to the finals, but we got emberrased by Brazil's B'team. Just recently he claimed he was going to take early vacations, yet we lose to our biggest rival who clinch qualification, emberrasing to say the least.

I have backed up Lavolpe in the past, giving him the benefit of the doubt, but it is now obvious to me that el Tricolor has not changed much and Lavolpes mentality, motivation will not help Mexico improve their World Cup campaign. Overall i think Lavolpe did a good job bringing in new players and building a solid squad but it is time he hand over the reigns to another coach because i would hate to see this generation of players exit Germany after three games. My main reason for turning my back on Lavolpe has been because, oy the irony, he is a Bocon. I hope Vergara's meeting with the directivos brings forth changes in the national team that need to be made.

18. NacionalTJ

NacionalTJ New Member

Mar 13, 2001
    Tijuana, Baja Califo
    I think I'm in the same boat as VS on this one after this game. I too have supported Lavolpe because in these past 2 years I've seen him build the team in his process. From calling different players to experimenting with different formations and tactics until he finally found the formula that works best for this team: a 5-3-2 with the carrileros.

Ok, the game against CR he experimented with a 4-4-2 in the first half... fine, experimenting against CR at home doesnt sound that dangerous.... first half ended and nothing. Second half: switch to good ol' 5-3-2 and we win 2-0
    It took a horrible first half to know that 4-4-2 doesnt work.... The same way it took a plastering by Brazil to find out that bunkering up doesnt work. Lesson learned right? WRONG!
    Against the U.S. Lavolpe used the same damn 4-4-2 that didnt even make a dent to Costa Rica. If you know that that formation doesnt work, why the fvck do you use it again?
    Whats the point of having worked so hard for 3 years to find out who your players are and whats your formation, when you go crazy and change your players positions and use a formation that you perfectly know wont work? :mad:
    Then after the game he belittles the U.S. by calling them "un equipo chico". WTF? Instead of analizing and finding out why Mexico cant crack open a bunker defense, he goes $hitty and cries like a baby.
    I dont know whats gonna happen on the 6th but I just hope for the best for our team.

19. erdons

erdons Member

May 1, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Heres a question i have to ask most people, when was the last time mexico had a game where you were very satisfied with how we played??

20. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    hmm..the game against Costa Rica in Costa Rica...the games in the CC..

21. kehl

kehl Member

Feb 28, 2005
    Kamogawa BG
    Hmmm, they play well for moments, against Costa Rica they had about..30 minutes in which the team looked perfect. Against Argentina and Brazil they had their great moments too at the Confed Cup, against Germany, before Germany was left with 10 men.

And that's about it, I liked the first two games Lavolpe ever had and.. that's all.

22. Narmec

Narmec Member

Aug 27, 2001
    Tucson, Arizona
    Oye, VS, si LaVolpe es bocón, ¿qué es Hugol? ¿Boconón?

23. Narmec

Narmec Member

Aug 27, 2001
    Tucson, Arizona
    Do you Mexico NT fans REALLY want Hugo Sanchez as your DT? To me, this guy is a train wreck waiting to happen.
    Yes, he is Mexican and that's important. But, what is he going to do if things go bad? He can blame LaVolpe for another year, maybe. But, after that who does he go after? "If Rafa had been where I told him to be the goal would never have been scored". Obviously hypothetical, but probable. This guy is an egomaniac de primera.

Scorch my ass if I'm wrong on this, but I doubt it.

24. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hugol gana.

Que es lo que hace Lavolpe?

25. Narmec

Narmec Member

Aug 27, 2001
    Tucson, Arizona
    No voy por LaVolpe.Solo digo que Hugol habla demasiado.