Puma Thread [3] - all questions, pictures, boots here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 8, 2015.

1. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

its up!

derbyyank13 repped this.
  2. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I want these boots they look exciting and something that has never been seen before the whole fit and touch looks interesting too. A lot more interesting to me than anything that Nike & Adidas are drooping at the minute. Bring it Puma!

appleCORR

Soccerstyle09 repped this.
  3. Soccerstyle09

Soccerstyle09 Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I have to say I initially wasn’t that impressed because of the stud pattern, but these boots are now tops on my want list. I had been checking every day to see when they’d go on sale. They are finally up today, although they only have whole sizes listed as of right now. Really want to snag a pair in this limited edition launch color

appleCORR7 repped this.
  4. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Just had a look on pro direct they start from a size 7UK which is interesting plus £170 isn’t bad (can’t believe I’m saying that!) considering what other boot companies charge for high end boots.

appleCORR

5. Soccerstyle09

Soccerstyle09 Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    THey are definitely more reasonably priced then some boots. I’m just annoyed that this limited addition color is only coming in full sizes. Oh well, hopefully that changes

6. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah knowing Puma I’m sure they will have some great colours up their sleeves!

appleCORR

7. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    Now I have seen it all....I guess the end is near :)

upload_2017-11-29_13-54-53.png

Photo courtesy of IG user Pejie. Puma one 2018 next gen release.

I'm not sure what Puma is thinking here but that can't be comfortable. There is another version with laces. The patterns on the upper kinda similar to the new Predator and the new Nike vapors might have similar patters as well from all the leaked photos.

appleCORR7, jayc23 and derbyyank13 repped this.
  8. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Definitely looks like the new Predator I bet Puma are gutted! Not a nice looking boot but I've always said Puma is ahead of their time. They take a game, sadly most of the time it doesn't pay off - but like I've said I am excited about the Future boot. That is one boot I am willing to pay for and I don't do that very often.

appleCORR

newone88 repped this.
  9. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sorry for the double post.

Has anyone brought a pair of Future's yet? I'm definitely tempted but am worried about the durability issue of the net around the boot. I can just see it ripping.

appleCORR

10. Pangu

Pangu Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    s-l1600.jpg s-l1600 (5).jpg s-l1600 (4).jpg s-l1600 (3).jpg s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600 (1).jpg

Im actually pretty excited for the Netfit 18.1 Lows!

11. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Pangu repped this.
  12. Soccerstyle09

Soccerstyle09 Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Pangu repped this.
  13. Pangu

Pangu Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Alternate top end, so it'll carry the name future netfit 18.1 low i think

derbyyank13 repped this.
  14. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Yeah alternate top end model from what I remember.

15. Soccerstyle09

Soccerstyle09 Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    So any idea when the future 18.1s actually releases in a non limited edition? I’d have to imagine it is soon. Got a pair of Puma netfit running shoes for Christmas and they have me really excited about what the boot will offer. Netfit is definitely an innovation that works.

16. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Available now...

[​IMG]

17. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Not gonna lie, but the One 18.1 looks so delicious

18. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    are the Puma 3D Evopower's collars high enough to prevent the crumbs from the artificial turfs to enter like the Nike ones do?

Jaxinho repped this.
  19. Soccerstyle09

Soccerstyle09 Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC

I wish they would ship them out already instead of February 1. The anticipation is killing me. I would like to see someone review and compare the low and mid cut version

20. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I love the look & concept of these boots but how does the net hold up? Other than getting filthy in the colours that Puma are releasing would it hold up to tackles etc?

appleCORR

21. Nick G

Nick G New Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Quick question about sizing on the EvoPower Vigor 1: I have the EvoPower 1.3 boots in a size 11 US, which is my normal size (in Mercurial Vapors and Legends) and it fits perfectly fine and comfortable (when measured properly, my foot size appears to be between size 10.5 and 11 US). However, I've seen a lot of reviewers say that I should go half a size up for puma boots and the Vigor 1. I'm going to be ordering online and I can't find any pairs where I live to try them on so I'm wondering if anyone here has the same sort of experience and find true to size is perfectly fine on the Vigor 1.

22. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    go with the same size as the evopower 1.3s the soleplate is the same so sizing should be similar too.

23. Soccerstyle09

Soccerstyle09 Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    So I think Puma is taking their “forever faster” slogan too far. Apparently another new update to the puma one is going to be released for the World Cup. Looks decent to me but it seems way too soon.

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2018/02/next-gen-puma-one-18-19-boots.html?m=1

I’ve also got my hands on a pair of the future 18.1 lows. They were a bit different than I expected but still nice. I’ve kept my lacing system pretty standard. They are definitely a high volume shoe. The upper is thin and stars a bit stiff. Outsole is nice and flexible. Works well on AG even though a couple of the studs seem long. I’d like them to offer a more snug fit from the shape of the upper though. I need to wear them a bit more to see if I will keep them or not

24. Corkin23

Corkin23 Member

Feb 7, 2016
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Anyone have any experience with the future 18.1 netfits? Thinking of picking up a pair for my next boot and wondering if anyone has played in them yet?

25. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I personally felt they were too stiff but I normally only wear leather boots. I haven't played in them though; only tried them on.

But I will say that the Netfit system itself is an awesome idea.

newone88 repped this.