Puertorican soccer - partII

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by Intru, Jul 19, 2008.

1. leeka

leeka Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Bayamón PR
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    This is official? I am planning to give me the trip to Detroit, but I have my doubts regarding the tournament. If after I buy the tickets they cancel the tournament?, in addition, the soccer federation of PR has not been emphatic on this.

2. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Dont buy any tickets in advance, that`s my advice. Nigeria and Ghana will never go with a NT to USA just before World Cup and players are not released so early in May.

Malaysia been annoucing sending a U21 team , it could be that the other teams will be sending youth NT`s .

http://www.aseanfootball.org/news_d.asp?id=1260

I expect the whole tournament to be cancelled.

http://theoriginalwinger.com/2010-0...ming-to-the-pontiac-silverdome/comment-page-1

www.greensoccerbowl.com

3. iHaveAnOrangeItch

iHaveAnOrangeItch New Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Puerto Rico will send their U-23 team.

4. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It's obvious that the girls who play in the US are way better than the ones that play in Puerto Rico. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that if a girl plays in a very highly competative atmosphere (WPSL, NCAA) is going to have greater, knowledege and technical ability than those that play in the island. I dont doubt that the local girls might have been able to beat those two teams but it's not the best Puerto Rico has to offer. A lot of the local girls lack basic knowledge of competative soccer. Plus I dont see what the problem is, girls born in the US or in Puerto Rico are all puerto rican, so I dont see why make the distinction anyway.

5. DaSage

DaSage New Member

Oct 27, 2008
    San Juan Puerto Rico

Pseudo nationalism? The real problem is.. its not that they're better... its that they wanted to have a balance so the local ones could learn and get the experience necessary. The girls in the US will not be available always... and we need our local level to grow.

6. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The article was saying they wanted to only bring 3 or 4 girls from the states. Thats not very balanced. The way I see it, these girls are all Puerto Rican who happen to live in the US. If they want the local girls to learn and gain experience they can make them train with the US girls, but when it comes to competitive games, it should always be the best ones play. If it happens to be all the girls from the US than so be it.

7. DaSage

DaSage New Member

Oct 27, 2008
    San Juan Puerto Rico
    I'm sorry I disagree... how can you say you're Puertorican when you don't have the customs and culture... just because you have a grandparent or a parent that is puertorican (if they were born in the island) how can you say you are? Its like saying, I'm Lebanese because my mother's father was Lebanese... so I get to play for Lebanon? I don't know squat of Lebanon, their customs, their heritage...

I have no problem that they use a spinal cord of players born and raised in the US. Its a prerogative... the original plans were to have half and half.

But here are some questions for you:

Why is it that players that did not go to the tryouts on December, that were called up for the National Team are represented by Joey Serralta (Joe Serralta's son)?

Why was Denisse Soltero, raised here in PR, currently playing in University of Northern Florida, not called for these games? The only representative from Mayaguez actually...

Why did the majority of the starting 11 were girls completely developed in the states when you had girls like Angiemar Felix, the best native girl in the squad, on the bench?

The reason is simple... the coach of the National Squad is not the Argentinian, is Joe Serralta.

8. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I have to agree with you on this one. I completely agree with you. I'm sure some of the girls do have the culture tho. You also have to keep into consideration that there are more Puerto Ricans living in the US than in Puerto Rico. So the chances of getting girls who are born in the US are greater.
    Girls had already played for the national team before, so there was no need to go to the try-outs. I also dont know if they had personal reasons that didn't allow them to attend.
    It's my understanding that she got injured the both times the team got together. She seems to be injury prone and not to mention that she also didn't play well at all.
    She started the second game and played in the first. Just because she's the best native girl doesn't mean she's the best player in her position for this national team. I saw her play and she's fast but she lacks some technical aspects that would warrant her a starting spot. Look, this is why teams have coaches, every coach has their own likes and dislikes in players.

I got a question for you. Are the American born girls better than the native girls? Bottom line is, they are puerto rican and if they have the talent they should represent their country. It's hard to bash Serralta or whoever decided to bring these girls because they they completey destroyed their competition. This team has a very big chance in making the Gold Cup.

9. El Daly

El Daly Member

May 28, 2006
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Sage, easy. Sergio y my pal too, but you have to bring the best possible players. All other countries do the same. To be honest I don’t know to much the girls so, can you put the percent of native players and the ones that came from USA.

I saw the canalla’s tables and apparently the coach do some switching from game 1 and 2 in order to test all players. Obviously, he left a core of 5 players to maintain stability.

Nevertheless, is not healthy bring this issues to foreigners and obscure this great victories, victories that at the end are for Puerto Rico no matter who’s playing.

10. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Es correcto. I agree.

11. DaSage

DaSage New Member

Oct 27, 2008
    San Juan Puerto Rico
    I know... and I'm very happy for the girls... I'm friends with many of them. I'm just bringging valid questions.

I did not know Denisse is injured, but in full health she's really good.

And its not about Sergio, Daly... its about the Federation and its priorities.

12. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    does he still play for PR?? I would assume not.

13. iHaveAnOrangeItch

Jun 23, 2009
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    He was released by the team.

14. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I was talking about the national team. lol

15. iHaveAnOrangeItch

Jun 23, 2009
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Oh he's not Puerto Rican, he played for the Islanders for about 3 months last year.

16. leeka

leeka Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Bayamón PR
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Anyone knows the score from the Islanders and Bayamon FC friendly?

17. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Islanders 1-0 Bayamon

18. leeka

leeka Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Bayamón PR
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico

19. jcm28

jcm28 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Wow what a wasted chance by PR to have 3 teams in the CL this year. It is all Jack's fault.

20. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Any news about Puerto Rico`s team for Green Soccer Bowl ?

21. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Anyone know if the game against Cuba is going to be shown today?

22. leeka

leeka Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Bayamón PR
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    The president of the Federación Puertorriqueñ de Fútbol says in a local newspapper that the NT not going to participate. :(

23. MrFREEBORICUA

MrFREEBORICUA New Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Hey guys! I thought about the Digicel Caribbean Championship 2010. As most of you know, PR is hosting Group A. I thought to myself what is our roster going to look like? The local newspaper, PrimeraHora, has writen an article a few months ago about the NT. They are going to call up players like Gaudette and Arrieta to name a few. They also mentioned about a few players in the MLS and Europe. From what I know, the Digicel Caribbean Championship 2010 only allows a 20 man squad. This is the best squad that I could think of...

Positions, Players, Clubs...

GK: Josh Saunders, LA Galaxy (MLS,USA/CAN)
    Bill Gaudette, PR Islanders (USSFD2,USA/CAN/PR)

DF: Cristian Arrieta, Philadelphia Union (MLS,USA/CAN)
    Jason Hernandez, San Jose Earthquakes (MLS,USA/CAN)
    Marco Velez, PR Islanders (USSFD2,USA/CAN/PR)
    Alexis Rivera, PR Islanders (USSFD2,USA/CAN/PR)
    Richard Martinez, PR Islanders (USSFD2,USA/CAN/PR)
    Chris Gores, Gigantes de Carolina (LNF,PR)
    Juan Velez, Bayamon FC (LNF,PR)

MD: Andres Cabrero, FK Teleoptik (SFL,Serbia)
    Jordan Salivia Eieri, ???? (????,Romania?)
    Noah Delgado, PR Islanders (USSFD2,USA/CAN/PR)
    Raphael Ortiz, Bayamon FC (LNF,PR)
    Isaac Nieves, Bayamon FC (LNF,PR)
    Elliot Velez, Bayamon FC (LNF,PR)

FW: Chris Megaloudis, FK Radnicki Obrenovac (STL, Serbia)
    Gadiel Figueroa, Sevilla FC Puerto Rico (USL-1,USA/PR/ATG)
    Jose Arroyo, River Plate Puerto Rico (PRSL,PR)
    Eloy Matos, Bayamon FC (LNF,PR)
    Omar Borralli, Bayamon FC (LNF,PR)

The next list of players are a few that could make the team...

GK: Terry Boss, Seattle Sounders FC (MLS,USA/CAN)
    Gabriel Tanon, Guaynabo Fluminense FC (PRSL,PR)
    Mariano Graziano, River Plate Puerto Rico (PRSL,PR)

DF: Matias Maroni, River Plate Puerto Rico (PRSL,PR)
    Christian Colon, Bayamon FC (LNF,PR)
    Anthony Vazquez, New York Red Bulls U23 (NPSL,USA)
    Steven Ehrichs, Hostraf University
    Scott Horta, Towson University
    Kevin Muller, Stony Brooks University

MD: Emiliano Corti, River Plate Puerto Rico (PRSL,PR)
    Carlos Astondoa, Gigantes de Carolina (LNF,PR)
    Carlos Morales, Gigantes de Carolina (LNF,PR)
    Joshua Villalobos, ???? (????,USA?)
    Danny Irizarry, ???? (????,USA?)

FW: Joan Morales, Bayamon FC (LNF,PR)
    Carlos Torres, Bayamon FC (LNF,PR)
    Kith Pavon, Bayamon FC (LNF,PR)
    Esteban Torres, Bayamon FC (LNF,PR)
    Nelson Encarnacion, Bayamon FC (LNF,PR)
    Michael Caro, ???? (????,USA?)

I really don't know much about Eieri... Last time I heard of him, he played in Romania. Plus, PrimeraHora's article stated that the NT is calling 3 PRican players in Europe... So I thought of Cabrero, Megaoudis, and Eieri. I also don't know where Villalobos, Irizarry, and Caro are playing... They problably graduated from collage already... Well, that's all that I have... Hope you guys love the list!!!

24. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Saunders has been ruled out because his not eligable, he only played a friendly. I doubt Guadette or Arrieta are eligable either, Hernandez has refused to play for PR already. Jordan retired from competative football and is back in PR like 4 years ago. It's basically going to look like the team that played the WCQ in 2008 with some adds and some drops.