PSV Eindhoven 2013/2014- Cocu returns us to glory

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Aztattooedsean777, Aug 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Ajax didn't have to share CL revenue back when they were the only NL team in the CL ... let PSV enjoy their moment in the sun (and a full share of the TV pool) ... Ajax is sitting on a sh1tload of money anyway ... while being less "greedy" on the pitch (= trophy haul) ... but in a way Ajax is greedy on the pitch as well (= having the ball and doing f a with it). Still if Ajax manages to qualify for the group phase ... hats will be tipped ... mine too.

Orange14 repped this.
  2. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
  3. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    It is late but congratulations to PSV. I was impressed with their CL run and hope they can do better now. However, I wonder who player they will lose and who they will be able to keep?

4. They are going to loose the Belgian Lestienne, who never made it back to the promising level before his loss of both parents in a very short time. Probably Maher will go and Bruma.

5. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    Thx. What about Van Ginkel's status? Is he staying with PSV for another season?

6. He seems to want it, but he's still under contract with Chelsea into 2018.

7. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    I think he will stay. After having warmed the benchs and infirmaries of several european clubs, he'll try to do like Bruma or Luuk did, two seasons, starting 60 Eredivisie games, and then he can try to have a new chance abroad again.

8. Unfortunately that's not up to him.

9. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Philip Cocu doing a great job at PSV. They look very good in preseason and imho will be darkhorses in Europe this year.

Look set to be signing Bruma from Galatasary a very highly rated prospect from Portugal a move that suits both partiess.

Also good to see PSV kept their core players must say that Zoet looks very good and i must say that Maher looked very good aswell

Rinus127 repped this.
  10. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    PSV seem too strong this year for Ajax and Feyenoord. They have a very balanced team and some huge talents who knock the door of the first team. Marcel Brands does a fantastic job.

11. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I was actually going to ask about Maher. I've heard he's been playing very, very well in preseason.

12. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Consistency has been their best accomplishment and they were very smart in the market

I have seen them all preseason and Cocu is vastly underrated as a manager. Zoet looks like a great keeper and should soon enough replace Cilliessen on the NT. I was also impressed with the passing

Gaston Pereiro won't be at PSV if he has a stellar season beyond this year he is an absolute gem.

I have them in the Europa League and making it to the semis minimum

13. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Any where abouts of Van Ginkel???

14. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
  15. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    PSV should play 3-5-2 unlike Ajax this year since they have better full backs than wingers. Willems/Arias/Brenet can all attack. I would like to see TFM coming on loan and playing as CB in this formation, he would learn a lot from Moreno and Schwabb who are two experienced defenders.

--------------------------------TFM---------Moreno----------Scwhaab----------------------

------Arias/Brenet---------------------------------------------------------------------Willems

------------------------Guardado-------Hendrix/Maher-----Propper---------------

-------------------------------------Pereiro---------------Luuk---------------------------------

Looks good to me. Then you can switch to a 4-3-3 during the game by adding Bergwijn or you can even use him as a 9,5 along Luuk.

Rinus127 repped this.
  16. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    PSV must take Ayoub . I think he is a better footballer than Van Ginkel or Siem De Jong .

17. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I don't get this,why is Maher being overlooked here.

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    We have been over this topic a lot in other threads. Bottom line is that he is not good enough.

19. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Propper is the direct competitor of Maher, and is more efficient , so it's normal that he plays . Personally I prefer the characteristics of Maher but he must find the confidence .

20. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    This could be a breakthrough season for Propper.. his first season with PSV last year was very decent, 10 goals and 7 assists in league competition. 2 goals in 2 matches already this season. With Van Ginkel out, I'd think he will be set to be on the central stage. I am getting excited on him... not the flashiest player by any measure, but seems a typical "blue-collar" guy and and get the job done neatly. If he can increase his domination week in and week out, a role in the Dutch NT is within reach; the CM position is a wide open race.

21. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Pröpper is a nice Eredivisie player but his handling speed is too slow for NT level.

22. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Seems like this is a common denominator.... :x3: Strootman, Bazoer, Propper, etc.

23. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^unfortunately yes, and I'm not sure what can be done about it.