PSV Eindhoven 2013/2014- Cocu returns us to glory

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Aztattooedsean777, Aug 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Why ? He had a good second half against Doumbia, let him no chance. And when I was talking about him being fast, I definitly saw it again tonight on some actions, he is fast. Just watched the second goal again and he wasn't the man to mark Doumbia as you said, it was Moreno.
    Zoet is guilty on the first goal, Moreno on the second and Arias on the third one.

I used to be against Bruma selection but I start to see his qualities, remember he was decent against Iceland and Turkey, BMI and De Vrij were the guilty ones.

Maher showed a great pass quality in the second half, gave two assists and it could be three if Pereiro had scored. Locadia is just too heavy, it's very hard to play football with such a striker, he has real problems to turn with the ball.
    Propper was bad, many wrong passes, nothing special in his long shots, very slow with the ball. PSV fans start to say he is a bad transfer.

2. thatkid

thatkid Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm afraid you on your own regarding Bruma, Laurent. :p

3. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    What do people think of Brenet in this game?

4. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I saw nothing impressive from him. But I wasn't paying 100% close attention.

5. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    So what was Bruma's job then?

Normally the CD on the side that the cross comes from cuts off the line to the striker and the other CD marks the striker. So that would be Bruma.

Rebaño_Sagrado repped this.
  6. Bran

Bran Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Nijmegen
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Bruma is horrible, he should never be called up for the national team.

7. Jalepinho

Jalepinho Member

Aug 18, 2014
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    totally agree! after watching the CSKA Moscow match, I am so grateful as an Ajax fan we have Veltman!

8. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    First half he was lost when CSKA players were playing quick combinations, Brenet is not a good tactician, that's for sure.

Second half he had less to defend and his offensive contribution wasn't bad.

9. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014

Bruma looks at Doumbia but Doumbia is just closer to Moreno, wouldn't it be clumsy if Bruma also runs there and disturbs Moreno ?

I'm not a tactics expert but I see it like this

10. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    This Lestienne is a damn good player. Too bad he is not Dutch . The Psv often achieves good shots on the transfer market thanks to the good flair of Marcel Brands. He is probably the best sports director in the Netherlands

11. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    But Bruma has no clue about who is around him which is exactly nobody. When this happens he has to go for the player who is directly in front of him as that is where the danger lies.

12. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Yeah but Doumbia isn't exactly in front of him, he is between him and Moreno, and a bit closer to Moreno at the beginning.

13. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    stop the vid at 2 seconds. Seems like Moreno gestures to Bruma to get the striker. Also Bruma is closer at that time and has overview over the situation unlike Moreno.

14. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  15. Boy, it seems PSV missed this one mentioned in the Guardian's 50 top talents:

"Christian Pulisic may have been born in Hershey, Pennsylvania, but he’s not just a sweet treat. The young No10 is small and slight but has skill in spades – witness the elastic dribble in a USA Under-17 game against Trinidad & Tobago in March that brought his tricks to a wider audience – as well as serious self-belief. He is now on the books of Borussia Dortmund and expectations are lofty. Pulisic, the son of football-mad parents, had trained with Porto, Chelsea, Barcelona and PSV Eindhoven as a young teenager, but was considered physically lacking. So he went back to Pennsylvania, and did what teenagers do: played video games, watched movies, hung out with his friends – and played lots of soccer. He joined the US Under-17 Residency Program in Bradenton, Florida, as its youngest recruit, and was spotted by Dortmund scouts. After a longish wait for his papers to come through, he is now eligible for Bundesliga youth matches – thanks to a Croatian grandfather. The US national programme has given Pulisic its blessing to pursue his European adventure with Dortmund: the perfect environment to hone his natural artistry and flair. 'He's not overpowering 15-year-olds,' says Steve Klein, his former club coach in Pennsylvania. 'He's outthinking them and outplaying them, that's his strength.' Tim Hill@timmyhilleh
    Watch Christian Pulisic in action"

16. Wow, my pet victim Bruma with a back heel in his own PA, giving the Excelsior player an opportunity to score, but luchily for Bruma he misses and in the dieing seconds he forgets to mark his man and he scores the equalizer.

Rebaño_Sagrado repped this.
  17. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^and both Veltman and Riedewald had solid games for Ajax today.:D

18. Locadia cannot handle the stress of competition for the striker spot. His mind isnot free, and so he misses chances he should not miss. Instead of concentrating on his game, out of frustration he gets distracted by stirring rows on the pitch and committing fouls like hitting players in the face etc.

19. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    After today I have to conclude that he's nuts. Shame.

20. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I have never seen a single player ruin a five on two break away before.

21. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Congrats, PSV!!! I didn't think they would do well this season after losing Depay. Retaining the league title and a nice run in Champions League (hard-fought loss via PK shootout against the eventual finalist Atletico Madrid) are very handsome results, all things considered. Kudos.

22. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats PSV. Sucky way for Ajax to lose, but a well-deserved title for you guys.

23. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Congratulations to the new Champions of Holland. Remember to thank De Graafschap when again PSV does well in the CL and Ajax struggles against a Norwegian side.

24. Hope not. After the PSV run last season, it is time for a second team in the groups.

Orange14 repped this.
  25. And when they both go deep into the final stages, Feyenoord sneakily grabs the title:):D