PSG x REAL MADRID | UCL Ro16 2nd Leg | 06.03.2018 | 20:45 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    CivilProtection, Shay Z, Doni and 5 others repped this.
  2. AllWhites

AllWhites Member

Aug 11, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Luka Casa Kova

3. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    I'm guessing it will be 4-3-1-2 with Casemiro-Modric-Kova and Isco in midfield and Ronaldo-Benzema in attack.

There is really nothing to hide for Zidane. If PSG go all out early they will know what's coming to them later when everyone is tired. If they play it safe in the first half then our players won't be too tired and we have even more options in the second half.

Shay Z repped this.
  4. ChrizG13

ChrizG13 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    Humble
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love how the media (and barca fans) are all riding Di Maria HARD as if he is going to kill us or something LOL.
    While I agree he is Dynamic, his pace has decreased, he is 30 years old already and he isn't the same Di Maria that was in Madrid.
    I will say another 3-1 win.

5. papak

papak Member

Real Madrid
    Jan 7, 2018
    Real just don't know how to defend properly at all. I believe that we all remember the return leg of last season's half finals and how Atleti managed to score twice in the first 20 minutes. PSG is going to press hard in the early minutes and try to score asap. PSG on Park des Princes is a totally different beast. I expect ADM to step up and show Perez & co. that selling him just because he couldn't help much in marketing (selling shirts) was a mistake.

I'm sure that PSG is going to win the match. 2:0 is a viable result that could get them through.

6. Phenom9

Phenom9 Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    you said we had no chance in the first match...:)

7. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    "Papak" - meaning

Serbo-Croatian
    1. (colloquial) coward, wuss, chickenshit
    https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/papak

CR7PT, sneakking, rhexis07 and 5 others repped this.
  8. Jose Ignacio Madrazo

Dec 3, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    How people keep saying PSG is a diffrent beast in France and use the 4-0 vs barca to prove it. As if this were anything like last years situation. For me, if we fail tomorrow, we are just as bad as they are. We have everything in our favour and Im sure that more than before, Zidanes job rides on the ticket through. Really cant see us messing it up.

9. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    You ********ing mental midget.

10. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Hype!!!

raven3k repped this.
  11. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Any news on Marquinhos and Mbappe ? Did they recover from their injuries ?

13. Jose Ignacio Madrazo

Dec 3, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    not sure about marquiniohs but heard mbappe is good to go

14. MrPloskonka

MrPloskonka New Member

FC Barcelona
    Poland
    Mar 5, 2018
    Jose Ignacio Madrazo repped this.
  15. Jose Ignacio Madrazo

Dec 3, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  16. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

The thing about Madrid is that "not foreseeing " them messing this up, is a good indicator of what's possible....

This Madrid side are very flakey.... Madrid do tend toi score though - so, as I can't see them getting lacerated 4-1, the scenario of a 3-1 and then extra time isn't exactly impossible.... A lot of the PSG players have something to prove without Neymar..

17. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    He's a PSG fan..

...and he's betting all he has that PSG will advance.

18. Jose Ignacio Madrazo

Dec 3, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yup, most of them do, especially Di Maria under the circumstances. Mbappe as well....

19. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

20. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm pretty sure Lucas will start. Casemiro, Kovačič, Lucas and Isco if Modrič and Kroos are only 50-60 ready, if not, one of them will start instead of Isco.

21. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Wouldn't mind starting with Lucas and Asensio out wide with Benz and Ronaldo up front and Kovacic and Casemiro up the middle. I don't think I'd start either Modric or Kroos unless they are 100%. Risking an injury 30 minutes into the game and having to waste a sub is suicide here. Isco, Bale, Modric and Kroos on the bench to change the game in any way you want.

temesgen and surgeon repped this.
  22. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Kovacic worries me a little. He's deserved the chance to start in a big game, but he doesn't have the experience of Luka and Toni, and keeps making silly mistakes. He needs to be a bit more conservative and earn his way into a more consistent rotation with Toni/Luka.

Digital repped this.
  23. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    We will definitely concede and it might even be in the first half. That is when we will miss the cool, calm heads of Modric and Toni. One thing this team has more than any other is the calmness that comes from winning so much. They don't panic even if they go down a goal.

If we score 1 we will be OK, I think. Ronnie has been playing well. Benzema has been playing well. We'll be OK.

Do you guys see how much focus has been put on the ref? We knew this would happen and PSG have deliberately done that since the first leg. Only thing that will really piss me off if we go out because of refereeing decisions.

24. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He won't be after tomorrow's game :D.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  25. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Damn...... dat bench!!!!!!

I wouldn't start Modric or Kroos either because if they are just 75% they won't be as effective. Just because its Toni Kroos out there isn't enough. He has to play like Toni Kroos. We'll be fine and we can bring on Modric in the second half regardless of the state of the tie.

Putting Isco AND Bale on the bench might be a big call. Zizou has the balls to do it. Zizou has earned the right to make that big call though. Whoever he puts out there.......... we'll be ok. What gets lost in all this is that we have a 2 goal lead.