News: PSG 2015 - 2016 News and Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Paris Saint Germain' started by StarrMatthieu, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  2. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Man... PSG needs a complete overhaul of the midfield this summer, ffs.

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  3. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
  4. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Happy birthday to Pauleta, a PSG legend and amazing person overall. :inlove::inlove::inlove:

N. Platini and StarrMatthieu repped this.
  5. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I get so nervous whenever Pastore is fouled. :thumbsdown:

(which has happened multiple times in the first half)

Hopefully Verratti can get half an hour today.

6. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Omg!!!!! What a SPECTACULAR goal from Maxwell!!!

That was a great sequence overall as well

7. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Ibra!!!

2-0

8. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Awesome, Verratti getting half an hour just like I wanted!

The parc really adores him :inlove:

9. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Great goal from Ibra and excellent pass from Pastore!

3-0

10. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Cavani messing up my almost perfect prediction in the prediction league. :thumbsdown:

Just kidding, I'm happy he finally got his goal. :D

11. LKSisSexy

LKSisSexy Member

Mar 19, 2010
    Oh, so we're in this thread this time :D

12. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Haha sorry, wrong thread :oops:

13. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    "Si je suis bien comme aujourd’hui, je ne veux pas changer d’équipe parce que je ne sais pas que je vais trouver ailleurs. Bien sûr, il y a d’autres équipes qui sont très fortes, mais le PSG peut le devenir aussi. Si je joue déjà dans une grande équipe et dans une grande ville, je ne vois pas pourquoi je devrais partir. Il y a une possibilité pour que je reste ici toute ma carrière"

http://www.paristeam.fr/autour-du-p...i-pense-a-finir-sa-carriere-a-paris-22038.htm

The best part is that I genuinely believe Verratti when he talks about how happy he is in Paris and how he doesn't want to leave. At this point in time, I'm not going to believe that he will stay with us forever, but it's still really nice to hear that it is a possibility in his mind. He is still so young that it's not a concern right now though. But he really is such a well-liked player for his talent and the respect he shows the supporters and the club.

14. LKSisSexy

LKSisSexy Member

Mar 19, 2010

What?! Undergo surgery and will miss the Euro! What happened?

15. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yeah, it's crazy. The club totally mismanaged his case and Pastore's this season. It's borderline amateur.

I'd be really frustrated if I was a fan of the Italian NT (not that I fancy their chances to be honest).

16. Wai93

Wai93 Member

May 11, 2015
    Malaysia
    Such a big blow, really wanted to see him performing well in France, Italy will miss him this coming European Cup. :(

So many in and out injuries bug this season for PSG (Verrati, Pastore, Maitudi, Van der Wiel, Luiz), should PSG to evaluate their medical staff ? Is this simply an unlucky spurt or is it a sign of larger problems on our medical staffs part ?

17. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I think it's a cause for concern.

18. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Sad day. :(

Thank you for everything, Ibra. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine we'd have a player like him playing at the Parc. I will never forget these last few years and his contribution to the club.

LKSisSexy repped this.
  19. LKSisSexy

LKSisSexy Member

Mar 19, 2010
    Seems like he'll go to the US and retire. He had 1 more season in him I think. Thank you for everything Ibra :inlove:

20. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    He definitely had at least a season left in him. He was outstanding this past season, which made it clear that his "decline" during last season was just a matter of him being injured and not actually being on the decline yet. He's going to have a position within the club, but still, this is so upsetting. I can see how it makes sense for him because of course it's always better to leave when you're on top, but I'm going to miss watching him play so much. What he has done for PSG cannot even be put into words. He will always be one of my favorite players and an absolute legend.

And as sad as it is that he's leaving, which is still not really sinking in, it's also scary to think of who we'll get to replace him. Then again:

http://www.paristeam.fr/transferts/...nn-griezmann-le-nouveau-reve-du-psg-22155.htm

If there's any player (other than Messi, who will obviously never come here) that could cheer me up after the announcement of Zlatan leaving, it's definitely Griezmann. But if we're being honest, why would he leave La Liga, where his club is in the final of the CL for the second time in the matter of two years, where he has a phenomenal coach, and where he's in an exciting and highly competitive league? It wouldn't make much sense unfortunately.

21. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    International Champions Cup; Eugene Oregon July 24 (Inter Milan), Columbus Ohio July 27 (RM), and Carson California July 30 (Leicester City) all w/o Ibra. :>(

22. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Oh no, were you going to go? Honestly, it's possible he wouldn't even have been there because a lot of the international players might not be back by then.

23. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    No plans at present -- or other plans anyway for vacation. Some SA players will be just getting done with Copa America as will Euro participants so maybe a thin squad so far as 'stars' and as above one really bright one won't be there unless he is a spectator.

24. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Ok while we're on this topic, can I say how absolute outrageous it is that they're having a Copa America two years in a row? I know it's the anniversary or whatever, but that is extremely unfair to clubs that have a lot of South American internationals like us. The whole point of the CA one year and the Euro the next balances it out a bit; to have both competitions in one summer is so frustrating.

The start of this upcoming season might not be very pretty with all the South Americans and Europeans coming back from two major competitions.

25. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    That stadium in Eugene, OR has enough room for a soccer pitch ?