Problem with pms to super mods

Discussion in 'Technical Problems and Bug Reports' started by White/Blue_since1860, Aug 8, 2016.

1. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I wasnt refering to you. But the incident that made this whole thread come into being months ago. And other recent events. Perhaps you should consult your honorable colleague about this

2. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Okay I'm back - and thanks.

I don't think it's overblown - I think it's actually not been blown up enough. We take personal info very seriously and we take veiled threats and mocking of people's real lives as deal breakers for being a member of our community. We would do the same for you, or anyone who posts on this site.

I'm really disappointed to see this kind of "joking around" continued amongst your members and have yet to see anyone say - hey, maybe that's not very cool. Just so you know, we've had users go after other members threatening to mess with their business and personal lives. You may assume that it's all harmless fun, but it's incredibly uncool to do to someone for any reason.

Listening to @White/Blue_since1860 whine about moderators and conspiracies about supermods reading other people's messages and condone this kind of behavior makes me think he might be better off sticking to other sites.

For the record, you were never a Bayern mod or meant to be one as far as I know. It was simply a by-product of the software and the forum setup that moderators of parent forums show up as moderators of child forums. If you or the members there thought you were moderating that forum, then that was an unfortunate mistake that in retrospect we should have sought to prevent (or at least clarify to all involve).

3. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If I responded to this with "ok, [insert your rl name]" would you percieve this as a threat or as an inducement for a mod to start doing his work in an appropriate amount of time?

Dr.Phil repped this.
  4. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If someone said to me hey Mark, I wouldn't bat at eye. It was a first name. He overreacted by immediately carding him. He should have moderated the situation. Maybe then threats (strong) wouldn't have happened. This is uncool but MS had many ways to stop this by not continuing to take bait or continue to troll.

This was blown up. I have not seen a mod, super mod or admin come in and moderate the situation either other then NUFCBayern. Once he did it seemed to stop. If you think it's uncool why have you waited to say anything till now?

I don't know why your discussing this with me?

5. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Is that your first name? How about post your full name? Why not post your address and phone number while you are at it? What if they said your grandmother's name? What if they posted pictures of you and mocked your appearance? Just because you feel like your personal info isn't sacred, we have people who are players, who have jobs and personal lives that might be at risk if exposed, and we've had people threaten posters and mods with disrupting of personal lives.

The reason I'm talking to you about it is because you seem more adult than some and I would think you might say - hey, that's really not cool to cross that line.

6. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha I'm smarter then that. People won't have my personal information

7. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Well, would you mind if I start posting your full name? Just going to say your name - no big deal right?

8. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go ahead. It's not that big of deal. Some people take things a bit to sensitively. If it does offend someone there r are ways to handle it.

Pms
    Reporting

A moderator abused his power and escalated the situation instead of fixing the problem.

I don't get why this is so hard to get.

9. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This isn't about smart or no smart. The fact that you think it is shows a fundamental misunderstanding of the isssue. P disclosed personal information I didn't disclose to him nor did I make public on this forum. That is totally beyond the pale.

10. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He mentioned your name. You should have moderated the situation.

11. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    What if people use that info to go after you, your job, your family? I also don't understand why you think this is no big deal. How do you think it should be handled?

12. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nothing has been disclosed. You were a socially awkward user from the beginning and totally unfit to be a mod. You had your info out there for everyone to see already 2 years ago. And up to 20 people have made their vote about this - by leaving the Bayern/Germany forums. Just in case you havent realized that this has happened in the meanwhile.

13. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    That's not all that has been done.

14. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Show me where.

15. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think there was one post where you posted your twitter info somewhere or a post from yourself and from there using ze google was pretty easy. And wasnt there a moment when you campaigned for modship and put up your own fake presidency webpage?

Give it up man. The people have voted 20 to 1

16. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    When I searched my name on my post history, at no point did I ever confirm that was my name. So that's bull, @White/Blue_since1860.

17. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mark

Good luck tracing my name to my job or family. This is a soccer forum and sometimes posters and mods need to take things with a grain of salt. I do understand that the Internet can be a scarey place. You have to use common sense and judgment to protect yourself but it's not hard.

I've listed ways to brig down the situation. At first it was just a first name. MA could have deleted the post and tried PM first to handle the situation. Explain what upset him. Explain the rules and conditions. But to freak because of his first name. That seems overboard and not a correct way a mod should act.

I'm not amods you guys are. I should be showing you how to do your work. I'm not sure why both of you are even confronting me about this?

18. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What the hell are you talking about?!

19. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You obviously didnt even realize it. Anyway, you brought this onto yourself. There was no hacker network going after you. You put your data out there yourself. you abused your power when you should have reacted responsibly. And the result is 20 users leaving this forum.

Im wondering how who ever runs this forums thinks about this. I mean less clicks and ad revenue....

20. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stop taking bait. I shouldn't be explaining myself but maybe you should explain yourself.

Why didnt you moderate the situation?
    Why do continue to troll?
    Why allow your personal info to be out?

21. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    At no point did I ever put my data out there, or you would've been able to produce it.8

22. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This started with a first name. Why could t it be properly handled? Do you think it was?

23. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Obviously you did. P got it. What did he do hack you?

24. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Since you seemed to know a lot more than my first name when we PM'd, you tell me.

25. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've told you. Youre the one that released personal info. He used that in Google and a bunch of your stuff popped up