PRO Week in Review?

Discussion in 'MLS Referee Forum' started by socal lurker, Sep 19, 2018.

1. socal lurker

socal lurker Member+

May 30, 2009
    Anyone know the story on what happened? The last AR week in review was posted over a month ago. I'm disappointed to see it, apparently, fade away.

2. code1390

code1390 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was such an incredible resource.

3. socal lurker

socal lurker Member+

May 30, 2009
    Five week in reviews were posted on Friday . . .

Ghastly Officiating repped this.
  4. ManiacalClown

ManiacalClown Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol Barkey finally got some free time

YoungRef87, GearRef and usaref repped this.
  5. Pierre Head

Pierre Head Member+

Dec 24, 2005
    They got rid of the guy who started them, produced them and made them so interesting and useful.

PH

6. ManiacalClown

ManiacalClown Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They got rid of Barkey? I don't think so ...

You must mean the crappy PRO week in review previously written by Paul Rejer, although you're definitely the first person to refer to them as either interesting or useful.

7. Pierre Head

Pierre Head Member+

Dec 24, 2005
    You need to check with the MLS officials and they will tell you their opinion of Rejer. Clue: I am not the first to make this observation. You must be basing your opinion on your vast experience of keeping MLS refereeing databases as opposed to actually working on MLS matches.

PH

8. ManiacalClown

ManiacalClown Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. RedStar91

RedStar91 Member+

Sep 7, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Why do you bother coming on here? Your attitude and condescending behavior towards anyone who doesn't share your viewpoint or who you don't agree with their viewpoint is getting tiresome and insufferable.

Anytime some one disagrees with you, you just bring up the "how many MLS/international matches did you do?" You are more than welcome to think that his opinion on Rejer is wrong, but there is no need to bring up the "how many MLS matches did you do?" line.

If that's the criteria to be able to make opinions on forums related to aspects of professional sports then this forum and every other forum on the planet related to sports must be shut down as well.

You usually come around here only when the major tournaments roll around and you like to point out how stupid we are when we try to make predictions on who will get what match by using things such as past history and past metrics which is pretty much what any industry from finance, gambling to real estate does when it comes to speculation (which is what fantasy referee assigning is).

We get it, you made it to a level (decades ago) that pretty much any poster on this forum never will or never has. But that doesn't give you the right to be so condescending and snide towards everyone on here.

IASocFan, Geko, Battler and 2 others repped this.
  10. threeputzzz

threeputzzz Member+

May 27, 2009
    Minnesota
    When someone proves their uselessness the ignore list is your friend.

11. Pierre Head

Pierre Head Member+

Dec 24, 2005
    Many things are much easier when you only write about them.

PH

12. Pierre Head

Pierre Head Member+

Dec 24, 2005
    Thanks, but RedStar has been on my ignore list for many years!

PH

13. ManiacalClown

ManiacalClown Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently when you put someone on ignore/block, they can still see anything you posted beforehand. Who knew?

14. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doesn't ignoring someone mean you can't see them? I don't think it means they can't see you. If you couldn't see posts by people who ignored you, you could duplicate what was just posted without knowing it.

15. ManiacalClown

ManiacalClown Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm pretty sure they cannot see your posts after the block, based on what I've gleaned from the MLS N&A forum. Someone was never able to see the news threads because they had wisely blocked the anti-Semite who had been posting them. We finally got the jackass out of there after much drama.

16. threeputzzz

threeputzzz Member+

May 27, 2009
    Minnesota
    What's a block? All I see for options is ignore or follow. If you ignore someone you don't see threads that person started.

17. socal lurker

socal lurker Member+

May 30, 2009
    coreyrock repped this.
  18. ManiacalClown

ManiacalClown Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States