Present for my sister?

Discussion in 'Parenting & Family' started by Cabster22, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Cabster22

Cabster22 New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Washington, DC
    It's almost my little sisters 16th birthday and I'm trying to get her a present after work today. I think I'm going to go to Lord and Taylor near my office and pick her up a nice outfit or something. Is that a good present? I want to get her something a little nicer than the normal stuff she wears and I know L&T has pretty nice brands. Is that a good idea or should I look at other stuff while I'm there?

2. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oops, probably a little too late to reply to this topic?

I hate getting clothing as a gift because it's always the wrong size, wrong color, wrong style, etc. "Ooooh... What a lovely shade of puke green... And look at all that fake fur... a 4X? Seriously? Did you even look at the tag?" followed the next Christmas by "Ooooh an extra small? Are we trying to make up for last year?" :D

However, if there was somebody who knew me really well and had good taste, I'd love it. So hopefully you're more fashion/size considerate than the people I know. Let us know how it turned out. :)

3. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah, I would say clothes is tough. especially for a 16-year-old girl ... I would imagine they could be pretty picky.
    I wouldn't even know where to begin ... does she have an ipod? I would imagine that would be popular, but I would guess she probably has one (doesn't everybody?)
    best of luck.

:)

4. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'd consider a gift certificate to a nice store if you want her to get something from there.

5. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if you really have a good idea about what she likes, then clothing is a great present, and she can always exchange it, especially if she knows you won't be hurt.

you won't be hurt will you?

6. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Give the gift of music. Stay away from clothes for women.

7. amerifolklegend

amerifolklegend New Member

Jul 21, 1999
    Oakley, America
    1) Cut a hole in the box...

8. Cabster22

Cabster22 New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Washington, DC

No i wouldnt be hurt, its only my little sister :) Besides, I think I got her something that she'll like. Well see in a couple days. To be honest though, when I went to Lord and Taylor, I ended up shopping around a little more for myself. I didn't buy anything but I'll probably go back soon. I didn't know they had such a good men's department.

9. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it's the gift that keeps on giving

10. curvanord

curvanord New Member

Mar 30, 2007
    well if she's 16 you could go with the hole in the box type thing and get her something related to justin Timberlake! always a winner with that age group I think. hehe