Preseason continental club rankings based on betting markets

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by iggymcfly, Jul 16, 2016.

1. iggymcfly

iggymcfly Member

Jun 20, 2014
    They're not crap at all. Everton's been playing very well this season and Watford had only conceded 5 goals in their previous 7 games. I feel like the top English teams are actually being underrated now due to their poor performances in Europe the last few years even though this particular season, the teams in the top half of the table are very, very strong.

2. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    This isn't dissimilar to Klopp's previous side. He won the Bundasliga twice, yet Dortmund were not rated highly until they proved themselves in the CL. The same went for Atleti, Juve, PSG, City etc. It's no doubt that the league performance is foundational, but the CL is the barometer.

With Pep, Conte, Klopp etc, my guess is that one or malybe two EPL sides could become great. All I'm saying is that it requires much more than one successful spell or even season. Liverpool are a side to keep an eye on, it's just too early to mention them with far far far more proven sides despite some great performances.

It also helps hugely that neither Liverpool nor Chelsea play in Europe currently.

As for Watford, they have played an easy run of matches since facing Arsenal. Atalanta have been on a good run of form too but they are crap.