Premierleague.com Drafted League

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by DoctorJones24, Jul 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Kopite Juniors media release

Kopite Juniors announces it has retained its young female coach, Chloe Adams.

The 7 year old phenom coach is still bragging about her success last year but is more than a little pissed off at being "randomly" selected to pick last in the draft. "Sounds a bit like the Florida debacle to me" she was quoted as saying as she stormed off to rip a few barbie heads off.

Her mentor and advisor "Big Daddy" tried to calm her down with a Chocolate Pop Tart, but failed. ;)

2. 1800-WorldCup

1800-WorldCup Read Nomadic Gatherings - TravelNotes.org/magun

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Maybe we should just go with the 8 teams we have.... which will give us a larger pool of players to dip into during the season.

Kopite Juniors Chloe Adams
    1800-UK.com Glenn Hoddle
    Olfin United Davey Lambert
    DC Chickenhawks J. Jones
    London Saint-Germain Jimballs Stoobeyboobey
    I Hate Man U Brian Schoenfelder
    Romans Roubles Andrew Hughes
    Aviators Hal Jones

3. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Is it too late to join this drafted league now???

4. Scouse

Scouse New Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Manchester
    umm....lemme see.

i'm currently in this league and in the cranblue's chelsea one, which i thought was gonna be fine...then it transpires that we're gonna do some kinda cup competition between the two.

i think it's slightly unfair that i'll get to be in two leagues when other willing competitors don't get even one chance. the fact that both leagues may play cross-divisional games...meaning i could potentially play myself makes it all the worse.

plus, it'll be hard for me to keep track of the two drafted teams, doing justice to either.

if everyone is in agreement, i'll pull out and let mtkillamanjohno take my place. presumably you'd have to accept Ruud as your first choice.
    sorry to mess you around, lads...

5. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Re: Kopite Juniors media release

Direct competition this year for the young lady in the form of 10 year old Andrew.
    10 year old Andrew, the eldest of the famous Hughes "clan", has said that he and his team, Romans Roubles look forward to the challenge.

6. Darr

Darr Member

Apr 6, 2002
    St.Louis, MO

I'd like to be an alternate if someone drops out, and you need a spot filled...

7. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    From Arsenal Texan.. by PM

I think the only way to get this done is to do it the way we did last time...... in one mad push.

Only those serious enough will be around for the fun.

8. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Let Darr take his place.
    He is a regular poster and has expressed a willingness to participate in the past.

9. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    I would like to try to get in a couple of hours of the draft on Sunday. So I vote for the hybrid option. Depending on when on Sunday and how many rounds we get drafted, then we can do the rolling thing during the week.

BTW, was this a random order? Or in reverse order from last year's finish? Mark (I mean Chloe), quite a coincidence that we draft 9 and 10. LOL

Hal
    Manager of the Aviators

10. DoctorJones24

DoctorJones24 Member

Aug 26, 1999
    OH
    Lots of developments...

Well, I've got a stopover in CT before heading out on the high seas tomorrow at 6am. I see we've lost two members: Scouse and Arsenal_Texan3.

However, I do like the idea of 10 teams better than 8, so since we already have two willing alternates, I'd prefer to just slide them into those spots.

So mtkilimanjaro would take Scouse's spot (and Ruud...or restart the draft on Sunday? either way works for me)

And Darr would take Arsenal_Texan's spot.

That leaves JG_Revs as our last AWOL manager. He PM'd me last week saying he definitely wants in, but since then, I've PM'd him twice more and not heard back.

Btw, dad. The draft order was totally random...out of a hat. If we had gone by last year's reverse order, I think we'd have to have given you the first 3 picks on your own!

Maybe someone could try to work on getting an answer from JG_Revs over the weekend, or replace him if needed by Sunday? Sounds like the other 9 of us might all be available Sunday for a few rounds, which would be very cool.

11. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    This division is a commitment

I just want to reiterate that if you choose to play in this division, you need to commit to staying active the entire EPL season.

It took the gloss off last year when 2 of 8 were inactive.

12. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I am in this for the Long Run

Well, I've been awaiting a spot in a league so I have a team of players already, I just need the password so I can join the league... I patiently await the pword and league name...

my team's name is winningconnection (that is the champion professional soccer team in Trinidad and Tobago) and my email address is johnoisatrini@hotmail.com or mtkillamanjohno@aol.com

and i can be available for a Sunday draft.. what time US eastern would 6pm your time be???

If we restart the draft its fine by me... I'll want to choose Henry...

13. Darr

Darr Member

Apr 6, 2002
    St.Louis, MO
    Re: I am in this for the Long Run

I'm ready to, got a team full of scrubs waiting to be fired... :)

14. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Re: This division is a commitment

Exactly.
    Rough ending as well.......

Sunday sounds great.Just post a time or something so i can be available and also forewarn the other half and kids to "leave the computer free".

15. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Re: Re: This division is a commitment

That's the truth. My wife just phoned me twice during the first half of Ajax v Liverpool and she wonders why I am not listening to her ...

"yes, dear" (Kewell to Baros, shoots ...)
    "what was that, didn't catch that" (shot goes wide)

etc .....

16. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    sorry guys, but I have to bail unless I can submit a list of players in an order which I would like to draft.

Net at thw school is down because of telecommunications won't change the phones over. Sorry of the problems this may nhave caused.

17. Darr

Darr Member

Apr 6, 2002
    St.Louis, MO
    Re: Re: Re: This division is a commitment

You know, something just doesn't sound right about Kewell at Liverpool...

Not that I'm bitter or anything... :(

18. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Re: Re: Re: Re: This division is a commitment

I think it sounds just right :)

19. Ingromius

Ingromius Member

Feb 3, 2000
    NW London
    I'm ready for Sunday, scouted my arse off so have many options in each position so when my favorites are stolen (Like Postiga! Curse you!) I'll have a ready backup. Still counting on a big transfer or two before Sunday, but so far no news.

I also say we try to get ten players in the league if we can, can only make things more interesting. Since Jay and I will be under the same roof on Sunday, it would be great if we could get through the whole draft then -- but I'd doubt that will be possible. Having been overseas for the draft, I can testify to the difficulty of being around at such odd hours.

I've also thought about the way dropouts hurt the league last year, and wonder if we might consider establishing consequences for any managers who pull that this year - up to and including a ban the following season.

Can't wait for Sunday!

20. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I am ready too, what time tomorrow can we expect to get this started? 15 rounds with 10 players will take a while, be good to get at least 3 rounds in if we are all on here.

Any bets on which player will be the 150th pick? :)

21. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Re: Lots of developments...

I vote MtKili and Darr should be in, they have both posted here their interest, they probably need the password for the league.

Anyone heard from JG_Revs, if not let's go with 9 players.

Restarting would give MtKili Henry instead of RvN, Michel should have the option to pick up RVN or keep his original pick, then we can move onto the 3rd pick.

22. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    As early as possible.... don't forget about the timezones.... I'll be getting ready for bed if you start too late.

While Ruud is a nice choice, I think I'll save some money for other players and stick with Postiga.

23. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    I will not be available from 3.45pm-6.00pm EST on Sunday.
    End of season little league party with my youngest son.

24. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Revised DRAFT ORDER (to be reversed in alternating rounds)

1. Mt Kili
    2. 1-800 WC.com
    3. Darr
    4. Ingromius
    5. DoctorJones24
    6. Clanblue
    7. Captain Splarg
    8. JG_Revs (is he in??, I pm'ed today)
    9. Hal
    10. Kopiteinkc

Picks so far
    1. T. Henry