Pre/PBP/Post DC United v LA Galaxy

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by song219, Jun 1, 2017.

1. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Date 6/5/17
    Time 7pm
    TV Newschannel 8, CW Richmond
    Radio ?

Despite everything I still hold on to my Galaxy hate. It won't be the same without Donovan to boo. I honestly don't have much hope for this game since the Galaxy have turned things around lately.

dadman, Q*bert Jones III and Winoman repped this.
  2. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate the Galaxy so much more than any other team in the league. Please just ********ing win.

Have a sense of pride, get up for the match, and just ********ing win.

Watch the Champions League Final and dream like you were 12 year olds and you were all going to be the best in the world.

Play like you give a shit.

james

NicktheGreek and Winoman repped this.
  3. DecadeOfDCU26

DecadeOfDCU26 Member+

May 2, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    8-0 to LA since DCU are literally worse than Christos FC, Ben Olsen is literally worse than you coaching your son's U-10 team, Birnbaum is literally worse than the Newcastle reserve center back from Goal, Acosta is literally worse than a malignant dwarf, Audi Field is literally worse than the home of the Michigan Bucks, the Red Bulls are literally better than Juventus, Kasper is literally worse than any Skins GM, and of course the owners are literally worse than Hitler,

Lineup prediction:

God
    Shit Shit Shit Shit
    Shit
    Shit Shit
    Shit Shit Shit

shawn12011 and Murrdcu repped this.
  4. Freestyle2000

Freestyle2000 Moderator

Feb 6, 2000
    LA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Start Kamara -- because anything's better than our last few outings on offense, and at least he's got some physical attributes.

Ease Nyarko back in -- don't start him, but give him a half for whichever wing sucks more in the first 45.

Get a goal. Set piece, (non-dive) penalty, anywhere. Just get a ********ing goal.

Winoman repped this.
  5. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Beggars can't be choosers.

Rick77 and Winoman repped this.
  6. Murrdcu

Murrdcu Member

DC United
    United States
    Apr 25, 2017
    We are so screwed. I hate losing to the LAG's but this one will be a straight kick to the balls.

Predictions:
    Hamid injured in opening minutes.
    8-0 LAG

shawn12011 repped this.
  7. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    Ortiz gets straight red for thinking about diving.

8. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    #8 NicktheGreek, Jun 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    Go out, get drunk as hell, get some sex and eat at Chipotle right before the game. Take a couple of 'ludes at the half and wash them down with a Guinness. If you don't play like a pro at least there will be a plausible explanation. If somehow you set the world on fire thank Paul Gascoigne for showing us how to do it
    and don't forget, it's LA you're playing so clothing is optional

9. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :whistling:
    La la la la la
    La la la la la
    La la la la la
    LA Sucks Ass
    :whistling:

Winoman and song219 repped this.
  10. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Clearly a "No Pollyannas" thread.

Winoman repped this.
  11. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    This season is toast. Run out Buescher and Harkes, see if one of them can play Dmid better than the Marcelo/Jeffrey pairing. I would say give Durkin a run out as well, but it appears the long term plan is to keep him in Richmond and doing young Nats work this season. I also would put out Kamara and see what we have. I've seen enough of Ortiz he's slow, he dives and I'm personally embarrased that DCU found someone who is a worse diver than either Ruiz or Davies.

12. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Winoman repped this.
  13. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are the Galaxy - it is a stank that permeates all who touch them. Boo them all dammit!

dadman, GlennAA11, Winoman and 1 other person repped this.
  14. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    With players like Cobi and Donovan, booing was an involuntary response like shivering when really cold. I have to think to boo the current Galaxy scum and I don't like that.

dadman repped this.
  15. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As I recall, booing Donovan only made him stronger. He killed us a few times.

16. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Yet knowing that I couldn't help myself.

dadman and Q*bert Jones III repped this.
  17. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Seeing Rocket Roy's kid play against John Harkes' kid would be cool. I wouldn't boo either of them regardless of who they played for. It's amazing that we are watching kids from the founding MLS players suiting up and United is still playing at RFK

bigredfutbol repped this.
  18. QuietSide

QuietSide Member

Oct 18, 2002
    Man, wasn't there a game shortly after the 2006 World Cup, when Donovan was supposed to have been our big star and he did squat (along with the rest of the team, but hey, he was the star). The Supporters Group held up a big banner as the line ups were announced that said something to the effect of Thanks for Nothing You Choke Artist (not that, but that was the general sentiment) and then he just torched us. I mean torched us. Maybe 2 goals and 2 assists and was running by the supporters groups with his hand to his ear doing the whole I can't hear you thing.

Brutal.

19. kirchhausen

kirchhausen Member+

Apr 17, 2004
    Ashburn, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep. August 2006, Donovan Hat Trick game at RFK (we lost 5-2). I believe that is the same game Santino Quaranta taunted the fans (it was his first game back in DC after being traded to LA).

20. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

To be fair he was likely on many drugs and clinically depressed/suicidal. I forgive Santino for anything and his strength of character is something lacking in this world.

james

dadman, NicktheGreek, mosca and 2 others repped this.
  21. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    I'd have to say the fat drunks in the stands did as much to hurt the team as Donovan did.
    Old Greek saying I grew up with is "don't tease the dog if you don't want to get bit".

Winoman repped this.
  22. Murrdcu

Murrdcu Member

DC United
    United States
    Apr 25, 2017
    This game feels like we are lemmings preparing to leap off the cliff to our deaths as opposed to the yearly game between MLS' two winningest franchises.

All I want is one goal from the run of play and maybe 4 PK's to give us a shot at winning 3 points

23. shammypants

shammypants Member+

Oct 9, 2013
    Club:
    DC United
    Not sure how anyone predicts a win here, unless Benny is able to convince a player or two to take another fine.

shawn12011 repped this.
  24. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Rather than a "we beat you back when T-shirt give away, maybe Audi can offer a car for each of the first 3 own goals by LA players, It would be at worst, a fair handicap if not a moderately safe bet outright.
    Of course the plan falls apart if United never gets the ball close to LA's goal and the fine print, no own goals will be allowed from beyond the midfield stripe

shawn12011 repped this.
  25. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    TRAFFIC SUCKS UPDATE:

If you live in MD and are coming down I-270, consider alternatives to taking I-270S to I-495E to BW Parkway. There's bridgework at Connecticut Ave that has you backed up to the split. There's also traffic on 355S before E/W Hwy. It took a guy from Germantown to Downtown Silver Spring 1.5hrs around noon. It's normally 35-40 minutes max without traffic.

Suggested alternates: ICC to skip everything along the topside. I-270 Spur to 495W take GW Parkway or however you normally do it that direction.

Thx,

Jay!

dadman and Winoman repped this.