PRE / IN GAME / POST Philadelphia Union vs. Colorado Rapids 5-20-17

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by Stuart95, May 20, 2017.

1. kucsdat

kucsdat Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Implosion sounds about right

2. SccrDon

SccrDon Member+

Dec 4, 2001
    Colorado Springs
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. RapidStorm

RapidStorm Member+

Jan 30, 2005
    Denver, CO
    How much does it cost for all of the Blue Angels to be flying banners over DSGP?

22SteveD and jimijam28 repped this.
  4. Paranoid Coyote

Paranoid Coyote Member+

Oct 21, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jive ass dude don't got no brains anyhow!

SccrDon, fortcollins and jayd8888 repped this.
  5. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So do the Rapids

fortcollins and Paranoid Coyote repped this.
  6. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    Is it the same thing?

7. jimijam28

jimijam28 Member+

Nov 9, 2010
    Denver area
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #82 jimijam28, May 20, 2017
    Last edited: May 20, 2017
    That was my last road trip of the season

8. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Technically no

9. fortcollins

fortcollins Member+

St. Louis City SC
    Apr 12, 2006
    Fort Collins
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sorry that you made a road trip just for this disaster. You're my pick for MOTM.

10. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was Calvert's performance (Goal and a Red) the soccer version of a Gordie Howe Hat Trick?

22SteveD and fortcollins repped this.
  11. RapidStorm

RapidStorm Member+

Jan 30, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Nah, he needed to add an assist to that to get the GHHT.

Also, let's be real: no one on the Rapids is worthy of an accolade after today's performance.

22SteveD and JasonMa repped this.
  12. fortcollins

fortcollins Member+

St. Louis City SC
    Apr 12, 2006
    Fort Collins
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure thing! Once upon a time, the Colorado Rapids had players with talent. They scored goals. They even had two players score a total of 27 goals between them. They had a +12 goal differential. They won games, lots of them. They had poise in the face of adversity. They clawed and scraped their way to victory after victory. They made the playoffs and put together a miraculous run, ending in victory against FC Dallas in Toronto. They won the Cup. Then they got Kroenked. The end.

13. RapidStorm

RapidStorm Member+

Jan 30, 2005
    Denver, CO
    It started off good old days, and then it turned into a campfire store.

fortcollins repped this.
  14. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You missed that the emotional leader of that team now coaches the current team and yet...

fortcollins repped this.
  15. Paranoid Coyote

Paranoid Coyote Member+

Oct 21, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

16. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The calamity of errors: handball, not jumping on free kick, and the stupid Calvert red card. Ugh! When is this shit going to end? It's not even ha ha laughable anymore. It's pathetic. It's ugly. It's beyond a joke. We are bleeding profusely now. This is when coaches need to be fired. Unfortunately or fortunately - however you look at it - they become the fall-guys for an underperforming squad. Something has to happen. this shit cannot go on.

17. RapidStorm

RapidStorm Member+

Jan 30, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I mean, he played well, but I'm not in a giving mood any more for the "Guy Who Played Best in Yet Another Losing Effort Trophy".

COMtnGuy, fortcollins, Rod1916 and 2 others repped this.
  18. Rod1916

Rod1916 Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    My bar is always 'did we win'. No moral victories, no ugly wins. Just win or lose. We lost. Again. So it is bad. Again.

Rod.

19. Paranoid Coyote

Paranoid Coyote Member+

Oct 21, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When playoff position can come down to goal differential, fewer goals against in a loss count for something. Last night could have been 4-1 with a lesser keeper.

20. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

21. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    Well, we knew they would lose but at least this makeshift lineups did a few things right in the beginning. Then they settled into the same non-possessing non-threatening mode that the other the other side just had to wait out and get their goals. What an odd way to get a red card for Calvert.

What did you think of Gatt? My attention drifted from the game. He seemed to do some things early but then became anonymous with everyone else (even before Calvert's ejection). He would seem at least to merit more time.

Independiente and COMtnGuy repped this.
  22. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/law_5_the_referee_en_47411.pdf

So that's 3 different textbook laws of the game Calvert broke in under 60 seconds.

Totoro and fortcollins repped this.
  23. Sports Yak

Sports Yak Member+

Jul 17, 2007
    Lakewood
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I didn't see the game because of a charity event we were attending. Oh my, sounds like I missed a good one. (I did look periodically at scoring updates and got sick.)

I'm sitting here thinking, in all my years of watching soccer, I never saw a player get a yellow for entering play without the ref's approval. Ever. I mean, I ref little kids and you tell them they can't just run onto the field and when they do, I typically chuckle. "Ah, she's so cute though." I'm assuming Calvert wasn't a cute, chuckling moment.

I didn't watch the game and still have no words. Someone wrote they only had 1 SOG. It's just not possible to have that few game in and game out. But I loved the Yosemite Sam clip. It appears that was the highlight of the game.

fortcollins repped this.
  24. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Sped through the game this morning on the DVR. Thoughts:
    Their goalie should be investigated for match fixing, why did he let our only shot go in? He seemed to wave at it, hilarious.
    The penalty incident was wild. I'm not sure he handled it, but he definately smothered it- seemingly intentionally. I thought the proper call might have been indirect for dangerous play, but a red card for intentionally stopping a goal scoring opportunity. However, the penalty to them was not unfair either.
    The red card. I thought he was faking it to stop momentum. He complained to the ref so he go a yellow. The ref eventually said ok, if you hurt, get treatment off the pitch. He wasn't straight hurt so he wanted get straight back on. The ref ignored him, or didn't see him, he continued to complain, and got the second yellow. I didn't feel it was unjust. A guy can a poke in the eye or whatever he got and walk it off, especially a non-goal keeper.
    The second half was entertaining at least.

25. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Agree and disagree with various points. It is still laughable. It is pathetic. It's not beyond a joke. We are bleeding, coaches should be fired. This shit can go on.

m vann repped this.