Potential 2026 WC Hosts (Split)

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by puertorricane, Feb 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    LOL at you receive better coverage than anybody just by being canadian... are you kidding me in this day and age the coverage is there for anybody and everybody to see if they feel like watching it.... And no England is not entitled over Russia or any other country just for being england and inventing the game. Russia is as much as first world as England is.

[]__[]

2. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Do you know what 1st world means? Why am I asking that, of course you don't.

You also seem to know nothing about Canada either, in fact I'll bet you never knew there was a country called Canada before my post.

Oh there's more problems with your post too, as I never said anything about England inventing the game playing any part in why they should get it.

Finally, you clearly do not understand the difference between "coverage" and "online streaming." Coverage is NOT there for everyone, especially in places where the event isn't popular. If you're trying to tell me that for example Brazillian winter olympic coverage matches Canadian coverage then you might want to go see a doctor.

3. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

LOL you seem to have an inferiority complex is obvious that you view the english as your masters and owe the queen all your loyalty. I guess Canada never really got their independence and it was just cosmetic independence.

[]__[]

4. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #4 Cody667, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
    BAHAHA

I've never met anyone who doesn't know what "independence" means until now.

Just FYI having a head of state who exercises the Queen's power in a ceremonial constitutional monarchy as well as a federal parliamentary system makes you independent.

You're welcome for your first ever bit of poli sci education. Don't mention it buddy! :D

5. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

LOL so that's your entire argument nobody knows what you are talking about except you because you are canadian. The coverage I watch on the internet is not as good as your because is not canadian, the networks that arent canadian also arent as good. I'll have to move to Canada to learn everything you are talking about and still since im not canadian i wont understand.

[]__[]

6. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That's alright bro, based on the juvenile crap you've tried to convince me of and your ignorance toward what is going on in Russia as well as your lack of knowledge regarding England and the 1st world as a whole, I don't expect you to ever understand anything :)

I wish you the best though. Everyone should be informed, it's just unfortunate that you haven't been yet :thumbsup:

7. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah too bad I'm not canadian if I was I would be informed. See the internet in your country is faster and better than any other country and what you can see on your internet cant be seen in other countries but only in Canada.

God Save the Queen!

[]__[]

8. ghost101

ghost101 Member

Jul 5, 2009
    London
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I suppose you will make the same replies when Uruguay claim they deserve to host the 2030 world cup because they hosted the first one.

I'll wait for your inevitable hypocrisy.

9. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

LOL where have I ever said that Uruguay should host 2030 because they hosted the first one or that they are entitled to host it because x or y reasons. One thing is to support or want certain countries to host it another thing is to say they are entitled.

[]__[]

10. ghost101

ghost101 Member

Jul 5, 2009
    London
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I didn't say you did. But notice how you stay silent when supporters (Uruguayan or otherwise) of the Uruguay bid do say it. In fact as you said, you support it.

Yet you will quickly chastise a non-English person saying it for England.

11. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

LOL well you implied im backing Uruguay because they hosted the first one even linking a thread that has no post of me saying such thing. I've havent read any post from anybody claiming Uruguay or any other country should host it because they are entitled to it. And I'll say it here no country is entitled to anything when it come hosting the World Cup.

[]__[]

12. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    A canadian and now an australian, I guess you guys still feel you owe your old masters some loyalty still. There are plenty of countries with the facilities, good transportation, and plenty of things to do. Moscow is a city with more history than london.

[]__[]

13. almango

almango Member+

Sydney FC
    Australia
    Nov 29, 2004
    Bulli, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Just looking at things objectively. Russia doesn't have the greatest track record in hosting major sporting events, and was rated lowest of the European bidders in Technical aspects. I'll stand by my statement that the only reason that there isn't too much noise about Russia hosting 2018 is the even stranger decision to put 2022 in Qatar.

Yes there are plenty of countries in Europe with good transport facilities and plenty of things to do. Several of them have hosted a World Cup or two since England last hosted.

I'm not sure what you mean by more history, and I'm not even sure how you could measure such a thing.

14. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I still don't understand how this is supposed to be an insult. We have very strong diplomatic relations with the UK, and both countries gained their independence from Britain peacefully.

Not true. I don't think you've studied European history for a day in your life. Besides, Moscow isn't the host, Russia is. You make it sound like the entire country is just like Moscow and as if it's the greatest thing ever. 3 of the host cities are in or near extremely hostile zones. Sochi, Rostov-on-Don, and Volgograd are in rough shape.

You still haven't addressed Russia's human rights violations. But I'm sure you won't do that, because you don't seem to know what a human right is.

15. MrOranjeBal

MrOranjeBal Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Club:
    AZ
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #15 MrOranjeBal, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
    You are not pedantic at all, are you?

16. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Human rights violations? If you going to go by that then the US should never host an event with their track record of violating human rights all over the world and inside their borders.

[]__[]

17. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You don't get jailed for protesting in the US, elections don't get rigged, due process rights are guaranteed, and hate crimes are dealt with accordingly. One's opinion regarding US involvement in wars, espionage, and any other matter of foreign policy is entirely subjective and completely besides the point.

18. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    ...aaaannnddd it seems you've missed my point over this entire debate.

19. BallFire

BallFire New Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Club:
    3 de Febrero
  20. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

LOL ask the occupy wall street people if you dont get jailed for peaceful protests. And that's just one example I can give you hundreds more. Due process is respected, how come there are people in jail for years with no trial. I'll give you one name Oscar Lopez Rivera who has been in jail for more than 35 years. His crime, wanting Puerto Rico independence from the US. He didnt kill nobody, rob nobody, by just being an activist and pro independence leader he got arrested and accused of trying to overthrow the US goverment and has spend the last 32 years of his life in jail. Once again there are thousands examples more including my father, and just look at guantanamo where thousands are jailed with no accusations nor trials.

As for elections not being rigged, lol bush jr easily robbed the elections. Plus in the US only people with access to billions can realistically run for office. And lastly Trevon Martin got killed for being black and his killer is free walking the streets. Plenty of people have been killed in the US for races reasons and their killers never faced charges. So stop with the rights are guarantees and hate crimes are dealt with accordingly nonsense.

[]__[]

21. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    1. Occupy wall street people who cause serious damage to property, such as burning police cars and damaging buildings ARE NOT PEACEFUL PROTESTERS

2. The US Constitution protects the rights to trial within a reasonable time and reasonable bail, so what you said about people waiting for years without trial is 100% false.

3. Oscar Lopez Rivera was a leader of FALN, which is essentially a terrorist organization. They conduct bombings to get their point across. Rivera has aided them by trafficking weapons and stolen vehicles for them. He's also conspired to overthrow the US government, and is responsible for numerous deaths from terror attacks (I think they were all from bombings). He's more or less a terrorist, whether you like it or not.

4. Bush never rigged an election. He won thanks to the electoral college. Big difference, and I'll let this video explain how that works.

5. Barrack Obama grew up in a middle class household, not as a billionaire

6. The stand your ground law that defended Zimmerman is crap, I'll give you that, but turning it into an issue of race was a bit extreme and deflected the issue from what it ought to have been about, the 2nd ammendment and US gun control laws..

22. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

1. Occupy wallstreet protesters were peacful protesters until the police started using force to arrest them and kick them out of their peacful protesting area. There is no more blind person then those who dont want to see and clearly you choose to be blind.

2. The US constitution doesnt protect anyting, why are the guantanamo prisionres still jailed and no charges brought up against them.

3. LOL once again you bring lies to an argument you know nothing about, Oscar Rivera was not a terrorist, his only crime was wanting independence for PR, I doubt you even know who oscar lopez rivera is. But yet you believe every lie your governments tells you. They declare any group or person a terrorist and we have to believe it just because they say it. Oscar was accused of sedition which is nothing more than a law made by the government to be able to arrest anyone the feel like. Since they didnt have anything else on him they accused him of sedition and have kept him in jail for life.
    I'll give you another example, my father wanted independence for PR and he didnt belong to any terrorist organization. Yet he was arrested, persecuted and harassed all his life and even lost jobs because of it. The police opened a record of all independence activists violating their own laws. It wasnt until the 1990s that they admitted of such practice and handed over all police records, but i doubt they stopped doing it.

4. Bush Jr. robbed the election by not allowing thousands of register voters to exercise their right to vote. Others were turned away by falsely being accused of being convicted felongs and many democrat precincts were close early leaving long lines of would be voters without being able to vote. Everybody knows that Bush brother who was governor of florida at the time helped him a whole lot to rob the elections. There were many irregularities that took place during those elections.

5. Barrack Obama is just a puppet of the ones who are really in charge, he raised a record 1.5 billion dollars for his presidential campaign. In other words he answers to the billionaires that funded his campaign not to the regular normal citizen.

6. The only reason Martin is death is because he was black and a racist wannabe cop couldnt mind his own business. If he wouldve been a white kid walking around the neighborhood he would still be alive today.

[]__[]

23. themightymagyar

Aug 25, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Conspiracy nut if I've ever seen one. I can't wait until Puerto Rico votes for statehood. Then you can join us racist, downtrodden slaves to the billionaires, with no constitutional rights.

24. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I know exactly who Rivera is (anyone who follows international news should know who he is), and I'm sorry man, but he's evil, end of story.

I can't get through to your closed mind. You're responding to my factual points with extremist opinions and conspiracy theories, and not making any sense. If you wanna believe that the 1st world is as evil as you think it is, be my guest. You'll never understand the way the world works if you hide behind subjective garbage and conspiracy theories though. Your loss.

25. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

LOL please you dont know who he was, just because you can use google dont try an act like you knew who he was all along. He hardly is shown in the news in PR where he is relevant and where he is from yet you want me to believe that somehow in Canada they have been mentioning him in the news. How pathetic just admit you dont know who he is and all you know from him came from wikipedia.

The one that cant understand how the world works is you, if you think conspiracies are far fetched and have no validity to them then you probably still believe that Oswald killed Kennedy and that Osama Bin Laden was the mastermind behind 911.

[]__[]