Rumor: Post World Cup Coaching Search Thread

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by usfan1234, Jun 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I see lots of folks here are down on Queiroz. Is he that bad? Personally I don't know enough about him other than what I've read on wiki and I do recall a fairly organized Iran who almost made it past their group stage despite being grouped with Portugal and Spain. He's coached Portugal, SA and Iran and has quite a bit of club pedigree. Is he just too conservative of a DT or what is it?

Besides Reyes, who I feel is a bit green as he hasn't really had to play for points or for anything else beyond friendlies, there's no one else in the marketplace (someone we can afford) that I can say would fit perfectly.

2. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'm not overly opposed to him becoming our manager, but I'd prefer a coach the wasn't as rigid, we're coming from Pekerman, who despite all his mentality and work he did with our players was just too rigid for me. When I'm talking about rigidity is in his formations and use of the players available. Just unwilling to make any risky formation use.

I want someone to take risks like putting James, Quintero, Villa, Cuadrado and a single DM in the field and see WTH happens.

kromekote, pibe10, J-Mezzy and 2 others repped this.
  3. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    play to win from the opening whistle.....not when you are already down 1-0 after the first 15 minutes....and no putting on breaks when you are up 1-0

RafaLarios and pibe10 repped this.
  4. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Game doesn’t end in the 80th minute and stop back passing to the goalie when you are in attacking positions

5. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #1780 HomietheClown, Dec 15, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    We have had this discussion before. I believe there is only so much a Manager can do.
    It is on the players to do many of these things. A Coach is not going to make a horse go to water and make him drink the water. They have to do it themselves.

Yes, as some have pointed out (in other threads) players do sometimes emulate the demeanor of their coaches but let's get real. There are 11 different personalities out there on the field and 11 different individuals who need to find their inner desire from within to dominate from the first whistle of the game.
    That is complex and not easy to fix. Especially since we know the Colombian mentality has been for decades to play beautiful but always lose or whatever the saying is.

Slowly we are having our players develop better mentalities. Advancing out of the Group stage of the World Cup back-to-back cycles is definitely heading into the right direction.

6. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Forcing Carlos Sanchez when he had 2 way better players in Lerma and Barrios was insane. Same with the Abel obsession

He did a great job but he should have been fired after last copa America. Colombia’s issue is the fed is corrupt and doesn’t want to do its job. They should have gotten us a coach after the Chile Copa America. If they wanted to wait till the US one fine but even after finishing 3rd. Can any of you say we played well? We played like shit for 4 years after the Uruguay WC game. Cardona or James winning games by themselves is what saved us. As well as Falcao telling Peru. Yo let’s stop playing. In 5 minutes we are both qualified!

Colombia needs to be hungrier. Chile a team with 2-3 good players won the last 2 Copa America’s. Fine they didn’t go to the WC but that has more to do with their lawsuit(another reason it annoys me so many of you gave Peru so much props).

The whole coaching thing needs to be decided quickly. Play the best players, don’t called injured players how many went to the WC? 6-8? And play friendlies

7. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I should have stopped reading there. :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Anyway, we all know your opinions on the situation. I am not going to look back on the last two cycles and argue with you.

I am just going to focus on the topic of this thread which is a new manager. Hopefully the new head honcho continues the positive things that Pekerman started and does not take us backwards.

Azucarero and Furnaccio repped this.
  8. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No reason to feed a fed horse ;)

sitruc repped this.
  9. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    sidspaceman repped this.
  10. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Let him go to Boca if that is the case.

Azucarero and dapip repped this.
  11. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    That can't be true...

12. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    IT could be true
    He was making almost 4 million during the 2014 World Cup.

He may seriously want a bump in pay to do the National team job again with the headaches and pressures it provides.

Granted, it is not the same pressure as his Native Brazil but still.
    There is pressure to manage any National Side.

Furnaccio repped this.
  13. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    stop with this chilean myth, Colombia with the loss was qualifyng...chile was 3 goals down and paraguay losing.

we have only assited to 6 world cup of 21 in our whole history.....dont matter if we scored goals of cardona and james in last minutes to get in...isnt a dismerit....

Pekerman and no new coach wouldnt change all the history of a mediocre national team like colombia to a world champin...that before him only had 3 victories in world cups agaisnt tunis, qatar and swiss..........he didnt have all the tools, depsite you say we are super good having lmaximun like only 5 top players.......our best player is bench guy in big teams that always have problems with his coaches

Chile National team have had better participations that Colombia before bielsa.....at least semifinals in all major tournaments that they have played..........they have built during their history a better and longer mentality, infraestructure, history than colombia.......

dapip, RafaLarios and J-Mezzy repped this.
  14. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Mourihno is available.... Just saying...

15. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Lol that would bode well for Quintero, James, and Cuadrado :ROFLMAO:

sidspaceman repped this.
  16. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Fking finally. Dude has been shit forever. Going to laugh when he goes to PSG.

He like I’ll win the league for you but I will need half a billion every season

17. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Didn't Falcao "play" for him too?

sidspaceman, Furnaccio and J-Mezzy repped this.
  18. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He asked for him personally then never gave him a shot. Wasted 15 million in wages and god only knows how much for the loan.

There is some audio on him talking about how shit Falcao is during a game after he puts him in haha

pepinointer and sidspaceman repped this.
  19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Falcao actually said that he have a good concept about van gaal that he was sure he made things in favour of the team........

and about mourinho he only said that there was a bad experience a man that not analyze and wasnt autocritic...........he decided to scape goat falcao because not solved chelsea problems in the 10 munutes he played.

J-Mezzy and sidspaceman repped this.
  20. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    MOurinho is so pathetic that in his two predictions of world cups..........he always said that colombia will be eliminated in first round...........below greece and poland............his football analysis is the same of a mediatic journalist or fan............

a good motivator......thats it................

Doogs, RafaLarios, J-Mezzy and 1 other person repped this.
  21. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It seems Carlos Q will be heading to Bogota next month. Good Luck with that! :)

22. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Source?

23. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    @+PL+

+PL+ and dapip repped this.
  24. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He is our national team manager and he will leave us by end of Jan. His best offer so far is Colombian.

25. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    And he is probably not asking for 5 million a year so there's that.